test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why the delay?

kalos1987kalos1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok so I've been playing neverwinter online ALL day... its pretty damn good. Im sure theres more they want to do BEFORE launch but why the 3 beta weekends, once per month. Anyone found a gamebreaking issue ?

Either its a ploy to tease people once a month for a big bang or cash when it releases or they are just being really really really really really careful before release.

Im not sure, any thoughts ??
Post edited by kalos1987 on

Comments

• Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Ive found about 20 some bugs and Im only level 14
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    omocho1omocho1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's a cash grab...you'd think people would've realized that $60 ago, eh?

DO NOT SUGGEST BUG EXPLOITING!
    I have two mallets. One squashes bugs. The other squashes the exploiters. I don't want to use the latter!
    -Ambisnisterr
  • Options
    mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited February 2013
    omocho1 wrote: »
    It's a cash grab...you'd think people would've realized that $60 ago, eh?

DO NOT SUGGEST BUG EXPLOITING!
    I have two mallets. One squashes bugs. The other squashes the exploiters. I don't want to use the latter!
    -Ambisnisterr

Not really true. Sure they used it as marketing, but it's not entirely true that it's a cash grab. A plus to pre-ordering was guaranteed beta access.
  • Options
    voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mrsnakeg wrote: »
    Not really true. Sure they used it as marketing, but it's not entirely true that it's a cash grab. A plus to pre-ordering was guaranteed beta access.

There's no box price and the game is free to play. What exactly did you pre-order?

<no rude and insulting comments please, thanks>
  • Options
    kelciorkelcior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    voqar wrote: »
    There's no box price and the game is free to play. What exactly did you pre-order?

<no rude and insulting comments please, thanks>

Amount of <exclamation of disagreement> in this post is over the limits, can't even bother to argue.
  • Options
    trayvintrayvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tbh i dont think anygame should be taking such large amounts of money for "pre-orders" when its not even in the open beta stage. Ther may not be a box price and the game is free to play but they are hyping the game up an awful lot with the press right now and really pushing these founders packs. I think its great to help out a developer hell POE had diamond packs for $1000 but , they didnt start doing stuff with press seriously till right at the end of that closed beta right before open beta. T.B. had a WTF episode on poe just like he did with NW but like i said it was as the closed beta was ending not a weak before it started. This is a marketing thing and it's working for them. The thing is its gonna leave a bad taste in people mouths for a while and thats gonna affect how they take to the game and support it in the future so its almost like they dont really have much faith in ther own games future when it comes to earnings so ther grabbing up as much as they can before release. I dont see why they would do this cosidering from what ive seen and heard the game looks pretty decent. It may be because of the AAA titles due out this year (TESO,Wildstar,EQnext, GW2 Exp., etc.)they are afraid of keepin up. Who really knows why they have decided to go this route but it is troubling because i hope it doesnt become the norm. Personally i would rather BTP my games but thats me. All the hype with games and the games press really needs to chill cus its hurting alot of games more then helping them imo.
  • Options
    huntresslilithhuntresslilith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    kalos1987 wrote: »
    Ok so I've been playing neverwinter online ALL day... its pretty damn good. Im sure theres more they want to do BEFORE launch but why the 3 beta weekends, once per month. Anyone found a gamebreaking issue ?

Either its a ploy to tease people once a month for a big bang or cash when it releases or they are just being really really really really really careful before release.

Pay closer attention to the dates in this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first! Two of the 3 beta weekends will be in march not 1 each month that means the beta weekends will be entirely finished before April.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Beta testing mean more than just looking for bugs, you can be sure they're doing things like using heat maps to track where people are and are going throughout the world so they can make adjustments if needed. They can't do that internally, not enough data, and predictions often don't match reality.
  • Options
    jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited February 2013
    Pay closer attention to the dates in this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first! Two of the 3 beta weekends will be in march not 1 each month that means the beta weekends will be entirely finished before April.

Giving them May to finish polishing it and June release that gets pushed back to July. :(
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kalos1987 wrote: »

I've submitted about 30 bug reports, mostly missing inventory icons and a few small graphic issues, certainly much more polished than most releases in the last 10 years.

I'm guessing the delay is to polish up the Foundry - after all, that is what will make or break this game.
  • Options
    huntresslilithhuntresslilith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    jimhon wrote: »
    Giving them May to finish polishing it and June release that gets pushed back to July. :(

And when did they have give a exact month or day for release? Never seen them say anything other then Early 2013 for a while now so any month you speculate on is just assumption at this point. Best to keep optimistic and wait for them to make a actual announcement.
  • Options
    geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am glad they are taking their time, there are a few bugs, graphics detail distance could be tweaked, They need to add mouse zooming to the camrea, and they need to fix the current events popping out of the mini map as well as some other things ...im glad they are taking the time. and i think they are being really smart by having this one beta test and then taking a month to get the feedback and tweak things. I think its a smart idea. I hope they really take the time to actually listen to our feedback and improve some things. The game itself feels solid but theres just some issues that can be fixed to make it feel more polished :-).
  • Options
    bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Because there's the ongoing alpha - which beta testers aren't part of. So there's lots of stuff being tested that you're not seeing. Or so I hear. :)
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    bighalsy wrote: »
    Because there's the ongoing alpha - which beta testers aren't part of. So there's lots of stuff being tested that you're not seeing. Or so I hear. :)

Yep, we're just seeing parts of it and they're a couple of reasons to keep things quiet, firstly Star Trek Online is still haunted by having an incomplete KDF faction, few things worse than raising a level of expectation and than having to go back against that. Secondly, we're expecting more, but what they maybe is left open. Should be exciting, I'm hoping to see more classes revealed that we haven't heard of yet.

Next beta we'll certainly see more, perhaps the Drow? The Control Wizard? Who knows :).
  • Options
    pwfyremanepwfyremane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Look the game is ALREADY its great. and its beta!

If they keep developing (btw the 60$ and $200 is for FOUNDERS = helping them pay develop costs) the game should be nice.

This is not a WOW... but I think it can be bigger than GW2 or TERA because it is DND, already has good systems which can be improved and has a huge fan base (DND + fantasy folks).

Lots of people have been looking for something thats "NOT WOW and cant be" but not as "loose" as GW2.

GW2 is just too flighty, its easy .. itsa so HORIZONTAL progression wise its silly. Also the GW2 community are so afraid of GEAR it amazes me. The GW2 graphics are so light and have no weight.

in Neverwinter when you hit you FEEL it both when you hit and get it.

They are on the right track for sure..and given time an EXPANSION could kick butt.