test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Rogue Video

aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den

Comments

• bethsabeebethsabee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2012
    I'm not trying to sound like a negative Nelly all the time but I didn't see any trap disarming or any bow sniping I'm wondering if this is going to be an action game that's gonna run its course In a few months.
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    It was primarily a combat demo since thats inevitably be the prime motivator for alot of people. Don't count it out just yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    ruikesan85 wrote: »
    It was primarily a combat demo since thats inevitably be the prime motivator for alot of people. Don't count it out just yet.

No offence mate but the game looks like alpha GW 2....I really hope the mechanics improve.
    I hope the freedom in this game will reach 100% and the amount of content is astronomic...but let's say I am reserving judgment
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That looks like what was introduced a couple of months back. I could be wrong though and they all blend together.

Also, I know some things have changed and my sources (while confidential) are reliable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks good cant wait to play this game and class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also, I know some things have changed and my sources (while confidential) are reliable.

I bet your sources told you the world will end in december 2012 :p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I bet your sources told you the world will end in december 2012 :p

Yeah, we were all mocking all those people climbing mountains that day to go to the UFO or wizards or whatever, so not likely. Of course, we we all ended that day, we would have been so embarrassed that moment before oblivion....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • niknudniknud Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When a MMO is based off of D&D you would expect freedom of choice when it comes to class choices. These "rogues" are playing like pure fighters and it frustrates me to no end. Where are the traditional roles for the class? I don't want to run into a fight head on. I want to use my wits and my stealth and pick my position and then strike. I swear I just played a trickster rogue on a dota 2 match, Using blood bath....I mean omnislash I jumped around the battlefield hitting different enemies with my blade. Will we get healing ward and a spinning blade ability as well?
    edited January 2013
    niknud wrote: »
    When a MMO is based off of D&D you would expect freedom of choice when it comes to class choices. These "rogues" are playing like pure fighters and it frustrates me to no end. Where are the traditional roles for the class? I don't want to run into a fight head on. I want to use my wits and my stealth and pick my position and then strike. I swear I just played a trickster rogue on a dota 2 match, Using blood bath....I mean omnislash I jumped around the battlefield hitting different enemies with my blade. Will we get healing ward and a spinning blade ability as well?

Rogues are scums of the city who gotta know every dirty trick to survive. A rogue who not can fight can die like rats in scum. A rogue who knows lockpick and fight is a rogue. A fighter no rogue, a fighter use big weapon slowly. Rogue pick dust from ground and trow in eyes by the time fighter takes the sword back. And rogue can stab stab stabby ten fighters by the time he rocovers senses.

Not to mention escape when hands tied, dabble with machine to solve traps and stuff.

A rogue no fighty is incomplete rogue with milk teeth. A rogue like that no survive in streets!

EDIT:
    And ofcourse any rogue can't stab you when you point your sword at it. ... ...

"Hey! Look! A Bugbear!"
    *stabs*
    No can stab sir! No can stab! And no rogue lie.
    edited January 2013
    Rogues are scums of the city who gotta know every dirty trick to survive. A rogue who not can fight can die like rats in scum. A rogue who knows lockpick and fight is a rogue. A fighter no rogue, a fighter use big weapon slowly. Rogue pick dust from ground and trow in eyes by the time fighter takes the sword back. And rogue can stab stab stabby ten fighters by the time he rocovers senses.

Not to mention escape when hands tied, dabble with machine to solve traps and stuff.

A rogue no fighty is incomplete rogue with milk teeth. A rogue like that no survive in streets!

EDIT:
    And ofcourse any rogue can't stab you when you point your sword at it. ... ...

"Hey! Look! A Bugbear!"
    *stabs*
    No can stab sir! No can stab! And no rogue lie.

That may be your idea of a rogue but if you spend any time in D&D you will find as many ideas of a class as there are people playing it. My point was in a system that built into as many builds as there are people they are pigeonholing us.
    edited January 2013
    That may be your idea of a rogue but if you spend any time in D&D you will find as many ideas of a class as there are people playing it. My point was in a system that built into as many builds as there are people they are pigeonholing us.

You are missing the point. You are limiting a role of complete class to just one thing. Other things are equally important and skills that you do are apart from your normal adventurer duties.

Its like saying clerics exist only for band-aid. The real thing is, you can do this ok, but WHAT ELSE?
    edited January 2013
    You are missing the point. You are limiting a role of complete class to just one thing. Other things are equally important and skills that you do are apart from your normal adventurer duties.

Its like saying clerics exist only for band-aid. The real thing is, you can do this ok, but WHAT ELSE?

I think you are missing my point? They are limiting the role. I am not saying remove the trickster rogue I am saying let me play a rogue that can be any build be it trickster, trapsmith, skill monkey or whatever else I can build.
    edited January 2013
    I think you are missing my point? They are limiting the role. I am not saying remove the trickster rogue I am saying let me play a rogue that can be any build be it trickster, trapsmith, skill monkey or whatever else I can build.

It being a TRICKSTER rogue this is how it's implemented as a TRICKSTER rogue. If you want another role for the rogue go another build. Actually, the way they are implementing the rogue as very accurate. And ironically what you mentioned earlier with jumping around and killing all in sight in another game is one of the powers they have as a "daily."

I promise you, trap detection and sneaking is in there. Just watch more videos...and even though it's not been shown I can all but promise you rogues will disarm those traps found. If not, I'll personally hand you the torches and pitchforks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It being a TRICKSTER rogue this is how it's implemented as a TRICKSTER rogue. If you want another role for the rogue go another build. Actually, the way they are implementing the rogue as very accurate. And ironically what you mentioned earlier with jumping around and killing all in sight in another game is one of the powers they have as a "daily."

I promise you, trap detection and sneaking is in there. Just watch more videos...and even though it's not been shown I can all but promise you rogues will disarm those traps found. If not, I'll personally hand you the torches and pitchforks.

"prefers katars to pitchforks" :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Prefers herring to pitchforks...
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Did I detect a Monty Python reference?
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Did I detect a Monty Python reference?

Not really. It was just intended to cause mere flesh wound and not a grievous injury like cutting off a hand or leg...
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It's an action mmo. What exactly were you expecting? Video game classes have never and will never play like your favorite pen & paper classes. It's simply unfeasible.
    edited January 2013
    wolfpaqd wrote: »
    It's an action mmo. What exactly were you expecting? Video game classes have never and will never play like your favorite pen & paper classes. It's simply unfeasible.

Do you mean...inconceivable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Do you mean...inconceivable?

I think he meant impossible.
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DDO did trap rogues pretty well..
  • minishgamingminishgaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • infrasoundxinfrasoundx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    thanks for the link, checking it out now
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ahhh I want to test out my trickster so badly!
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • paladine2013paladine2013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Over Powered Class needs to be nerfed
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why resurrect this ancient thread?!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!