test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elf = Wood Elf?

enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems like Elf is pretty much a Wood Elf, so does this mean you can't really make a Sun/Moon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by enderlin50 on

Comments

• Options
    nanudonanudo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they probably introduce those later on, i hope so, would be nice for fans!!!!
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Moon Elves = Eldarin
    Wild/Wood Elves = Elf
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They changed races in 4ed. The race called "elves" is more like wood elves in past editions. They also added a race called "eladrin", that's kinda like a high or gray elf. Dark elves are still drow at least.
    They changed races in 4ed. The race called "elves" is more like wood elves in past editions. They also added a race called "eladrin", that's kinda like a high or gray elf. Dark elves are still drow at least.

I didn't realize that those changes applied to the Forgotten Realms as well. Are you sure?
  • Options
    moriktraskmoriktrask Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Though changes were standard throughout 4th Ed pretty much.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    eljacko56 wrote: »
    I didn't realize that those changes applied to the Forgotten Realms as well. Are you sure?

I haven't checked the books (only own the first 4ed Player's Handbook) but I belive they apply to FR as well from what I read here...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Forgotten_Realms_Player%27s_Guide

EDIT: Moon and Sun elves are considered eladrin in 4ed (near the end):

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eladrin
    There's a distinction between Dark Elves and Drow. In fact a Drow might stab you in the back for mistaking him/her as Dark Elf.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kfmc wrote: »
    There's a distinction between Dark Elves and Drow. In fact a Drow might stab you in the back for mistaking him/her as Dark Elf.

Ah, that's a 4ed distinction I missed. In older editions of the game drow was basically used interchangeably with "dark elf" (or "black" elf in the very earliest). Apparently dark elves are considered a separate race now, which came into being with the death of Eilistraee (sniff, sniff) goddess of the moon and good drow (I shall never accept her demise :p).

PS: *points to forum avatar* and my main shall keep her pale hair regardless of what the new description of "dark elves" says :cool: