test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does this game have any kind of economy or item bartering?

askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any mechanism to sell/trade items with other players?

Also are the classes posted anywhere? I can only seem to find info on the races.

Thx.
Post edited by askopdkapok on

Comments

• darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I seen in a live stream yesterday there was an auctionhouse ,dont know if it will be working
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    Any mechanism to sell/trade items with other players?

Also are the classes posted anywhere? I can only seem to find info on the races.

Thx.

1. All previous Cryptic games had auction house and the like. So it's a good bet it will be in the game.

2. For the beta: Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue and Guardian Fighter. The Control Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter will be added for launch as well.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    morhilane wrote: »
    1. All previous Cryptic games had auction house and the like. So it's a good bet it will be in the game.

2. For the beta: Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue and Guardian Fighter. The Control Wizard and Great Weapon Fighter will be added for launch as well.

AArrrrrgggg no Warlock...

I play one in a PnP campaign.. they friggin own in 4th ed.

I guess I'll be rolling a Wizard.. and sooner or later a rogue.
  • providenttprovidentt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The TotalBiscuit dev interview revealed that the Auction House uses Astral Diamonds, but the game also has gold as a currency. Hmm...
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    AArrrrrgggg no Warlock...

I play one in a PnP campaign.. they friggin own in 4th ed.

I guess I'll be rolling a Wizard.. and sooner or later a rogue.
    And what if tey launch warlock at launch?
    Fire mage in some videos looks kinda walock to me.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    And what if tey launch warlock at launch?
    Fire mage in some videos looks kinda walock to me.

Tiefling Warlock. Trickster Rogue. Control Wizard.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, see multiple places where I noted the concept video did not do well as to be clear what you DON'T play in game. Two handed fighters with swords strapped on their back like guardian fighters and a class shooting fire that the control wizard does not do (and is not available at release and I'm not talking about the control wizard here, all I can say.)

But yes, players can trade with one another, the Auction House uses the secondary currency Astral Diamonds, and the main currency is a copper/silver/gold setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey Truth?

Can you trade Astral diamonds for gold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]