test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Twitch TV footage! live stream!

tirent0000tirent0000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Join Twitch and follow the eldergeek.com new footage and live stream

http://www.twitch.tv/eldergeekdotcom
Post edited by tirent0000 on

Comments

• arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the link, I am really enjoying the stream. I am very impressed with the production quality of the game. The graphics, sound, voice acting, etc., are all very good. Neverwinter seems to be of the same quality as any AAA subscription MMORPG, which we were always promised, but these real, non-developer videos are actually proving it.

I am even more excited now!
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    One negative is that it seems to be a bit easy, and it does not just seem easy to me watching; even the guys playing have commented once or twice that it seems a bit easy. Then again, it is early, so perhaps they are going to ease us into it.
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yea it does seem easy...far easier than when mmorpg did they're stream - then again they're only lvl 6-10
  • arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
  • tirent0000tirent0000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Check out these 2 guys getting epic loot!
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    bahhhhhhhhhhhh i want to play it :/ i cant even decide which stream to watch
  • vikingh3artvikingh3art Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Looks like Neverwinter is going to be a lot of fun as a casual, group MMORPG. The mini Boss fights are pretty impressive.
    co-Lead www.MercyGaming.com
    A multi-gaming Guild
    "Sons of winter and stars... RISE!"
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't worry about the difficulty, as for 99% of people, it will scale up to VERY difficult at higher levels.

And gee, they might have missed another chest...that I happened to notice ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I could have done without their repeated swear words and references to the male anatomy during the 30 minutes or so I watched. The fact they spent 90% of the time I watched standing trying to ask Cryptic if they could show pvp instead of showing what they knew they could didn't help either.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    OK where to start. Since I could only watch the tutorial video because the original posters video apparently was just for live stream, I first have to mention how easy it was. Even for starting out that was a bit too easy. On top of that, if I am starting out and you bring out something like the Harbringer and he dies that easy? Seriously? I mean if you want an easy starter tutorial just sick me against lower level characters and if you need to have a mini boss that is that easy he better only be mildly menacing. Harbringer looked like a freakin bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and then he died that easy? That irritates me and I can only hope that isn't a trend in the other pve missions cryptic put in. It also bugged me that he just sat there waiting. What creature would do that? At least have him do something. Anything. Have him occupy himself in some capacity while you are making your way to him.

Outside of that I don't know what to make of it. Part of that is due to the difficulty of that mission. There seemed to be no real reason for an active combat system vs the standard affair. Well maybe the dodging but there was little reason to do so. No skills in action. Just a bland beat em up if I judge just from that. I hope some better footage comes out that shows what can really be done in this game.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's a TUTORIAL, nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The feed was awsome last night! game looks amazing.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It's a TUTORIAL, nuff said.

But what did it teach?
    edited February 2013
    vangald wrote: »
    But what did it teach?

Players will miss the optional chest and viewers can whine about anything o=f course!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    game looks great so far i cant wait to get my hands on it and go for a test drive with some friends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vangald wrote: »
    OK where to start. Since I could only watch the tutorial video because the original posters video apparently was just for live stream, I first have to mention how easy it was. Even for starting out that was a bit too easy. On top of that, if I am starting out and you bring out something like the Harbringer and he dies that easy? ....
    I would like to watch your character as he dies repeatedly after lvl 10 :p

It is very common to make initial part of game easy. That is done so that the user gets used to the controls and is able to familiarize themselves with layout of th controls.

Usually after one-sixth of game is complete is when the difficulty starts to get high :)