test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrading Founders Packs?

varthisvarthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cant really afford the 200$ pack now, but I should be able to before the games release.

Does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade from the 60$ pack to the 200$ pack after you have already purchased it. I would like to pick up the 60$ pack now just to get into beta this weekend, but eventually I want to pick up the 200$ version.
Post edited by varthis on

Comments

• Options
    magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    you can get both.... so after you drop 60$ for the 1st, you can come back later and drop 200$ to get the additional goodies. Not sure what the deadline for purchasing the founder packs is, though.
  • Options
    kadinkohlekadinkohle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good question, was thinking the same myself.
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I still think they should host an event that lets you upgrade from Guardian to Hero after the first BWE. I'm sure they could convert a few and pull in a lot of extra funds in the upsell.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would presume that Founder's packs will be availible until the Third Beta Weekend. But honestly very little has been said yet. A PWE rep did post a quick response with an assumption, but can not find that post now.

As for "upgrades" I do not see them allowing this. These are packages. This is not crowd funding. So you want the $200 package youwill need $200 to purchase. Annoying. Trust me I understand wanting, but lacking the funds. Online games do not have lay away features. But if they follow normal video game trends any "exclusive" features will be offered to the rest of us a few months later, and for less then what the Founders paid. Not for sure, but even Cryptic made "exclusive" items availible to all after claim they would not intially (see STO Preorder/CE items). Might even be able to earn them ingame, but again not a common occurance.

So it comes down to.....

- Find a way to buy now.

- Wiat for offer to be remerched via game cash shop.
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Upgrading wouldnt be fair to those who just bought the larger pack. You would end up with items from 2 packs for the price of one.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I believe that the founders pack items are exclusive so the only way to upgrade is to simply pay the full price for the upgrade version.

However I bet some time after launch you will have upgrade options like ANet did with GW2.
  • Options
    grayvenraynegrayvenrayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think it's a given that IF they changed their minds and allowed an upgrade, current $200 folks would immediately get access to everything.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    This is no different than any other MMO offering a Collector's Edition and a Digital Deluxe Edition, except that you still have the option to spend nothing at all instead. Nearly every MMO does this, nearly every MMO charges similar prices. Most have physical goodies in the box for the CE, but this game doesn't have any boxes so instead it gives you Astral Diamonds in amounts that, if numbers in any way resemble those in their other games, are worth similarly to the physical stuff in other games.

Oh, and in every other MMO, people complain about the contents of the CE and the DDE, and complain about the pre-orders for same giving you beta access.

This is business as usual.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    This is no different than any other MMO offering a Collector's Edition and a Digital Deluxe Edition, except that you still have the option to spend nothing at all instead. Nearly every MMO does this, nearly every MMO charges similar prices. Most have physical goodies in the box for the CE, but this game doesn't have any boxes so instead it gives you Astral Diamonds in amounts that, if numbers in any way resemble those in their other games, are worth similarly to the physical stuff in other games.

Oh, and in every other MMO, people complain about the contents of the CE and the DDE, and complain about the pre-orders for same giving you beta access.

This is business as usual.
    QFT

Yeah, first question I asked the CM. No upgrades. Standalone packs and only one Hero/Guardian per account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]