test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hero Founders Pack Mount and Companion

adamchattawayadamchattaway Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really want to get this pack as it seems a pretty good deal but why would they not give the Armoured Horse and Dire wolf which IMO is the better 2 items over a spider and puma to the hero or at least let us pick which we wanted, its literally them 2 items that had put me off buying the hero pack.

Could we please maybe get the choice of mount and pet to pick as i feel spending a massive $200 and having to get two items i dont like when the cheaper pack gets them is a bit unfair.. Epic Armour horsie or spider... i know which i prefer.
Post edited by adamchattaway on

Comments

• xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Horses and wolfs are common place in games. Spider mounts and panthers are not. Buy the $200 one because it is likely that you can use the 750k astral diamonds to get a horse and pup. But if your not sure hold out till open beta. It may still be for sell at that time.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    But if your not sure hold out till open beta. It may still be for sell at that time.

The Founders's pack are the equivalent of STO "lifetime sub", I doubt they are going to go away.
  • aidenolmaidenolm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    morhilane wrote: »
    The Founders's pack are the equivalent of STO "lifetime sub", I doubt they are going to go away.

It would be silly for a *founders* pack to not be limited. Otherwise it would be a AD bundle or something of the like and not really some for people who helped when the game started.
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    aidenolm wrote: »
    It would be silly for a *founders* pack to not be limited. Otherwise it would be a AD bundle or something of the like and not really some for people who helped when the game started.

They might remove the "Founder" part, but the rest I expect to see as is (similar to STO Lifetime sub, it does give access to all Veteran Rewards right away).
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30891-How-long-will-the-founders-pack-be-available-for-purchase&p=544051&viewfull=1#post544051

The way he speaks makes it feel like it will end when beta ends.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Id just like it if those who bought the Guardian Pack to be able to buy the Hero Pack later on. I just dont have the money right now, but I may(If I get a job) have it around release.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Founder pack is in no way similar to the STO lifetime subscription since there will be no subscriptions in this game. The only thing that is similar is priority login.
    edited February 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Founder pack is in no way similar to the STO lifetime subscription since there will be no subscriptions in this game. The only thing that is similar is priority login.

And the unique "race", access to a restricted area, bonus character slots and "astral diamond" (although in a fixed amount for NW because there are no sub). The price is the same as well.

Although, looking at Raiderz, the Founder's packs are "discontinued", but I have no idea what is in the cash shop of the game. I don't play it.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And the unique "race", access to a restricted area, bonus character slots and "astral diamond" (although in a fixed amount for NW because there are no sub). The price is the same as well.

Although, looking at Raiderz, the Founder's packs are "discontinued", but I have no idea what is in the cash shop of the game. I don't play it.

The point is that in a lifetime subscription, it is possible to eventually pay for the lifetime subscription either with the Zen stipend or subscription. With the founder pack, there is no way to pay for it since astral diamonds seem to be Neverwinter's version of dilithium not zen. So the foundry pack is just a collection of items that might be purchased from the C-Store or whatever they will call it.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can't repay something that is free. Headstart programs are by nature bonus when not tied to subscription. Therefore there is no use in complaining you can't "repay" in a non-sub setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]