test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

demo recording tools in game?

geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Star Trek Online has a hidden feature that allows you to record and playback (and edit) "demos"

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=134131

Will this feature be built into Neverwinter as well? that would be so great :-) (not for foundry use yet i ment for the basic demo/record/camera edit thingy for now

thanks!

(if no info is giving be a good thing to test out in the beta this weekend to see!)
Post edited by geddings12 on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its already there and was the cause of the lower resolution videos they released earlier few months back leading to "this game has shi*** graphics" comments all over internet. (a bug in that feature)
  • syto514syto514 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They have already stated that the Demo recording feature is already a part of the game, but for internal use only at the moment. They said it would eventually make it in and feature for the foundry, but probably later on. There is a mention of it in gillrmn's dev-reply link. Its somewhere in there.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay . .....
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • providenttprovidentt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Depending on the type of NDA the beta weekends have, it might be pointless anyway. I would imagine that you wouldn't be able to distribute video taken ingame until open beta. And it's possible, though less likely, that the NDA would include a perpetual bar on beta footage so you'd never be able to use it. I've seen this strict, perpetual type of NDA only once or twice before though so I doubt they'd have it.

Basically, I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to distribute footage until open beta, at which point you may as well just record using the more recent open beta version.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But if there weren't NDA, even with the lowered resolution, would you you like to demo record?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well id like to play around with it anyways. doesnt matter if i coudnt release it :-) could always reshoot it with final version :-).

and i hope they mean that its not available for "foundry" use yet but that the demo record command from STO works. only way to find out is to try in the beta ;-).
  • madsamuraimadsamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really hope they let us have this feature at launch or sometime not to far into the future. I've used this feature a LOT with Champions Online and I can't help but think that this would be a great way of promoting one's foundry quests by making a trailer or a clip of some sort.