test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Panther and Wolf stats and other questions.

utahsaintutahsaint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are the pets(panther and wolf) cosmetic only or will they be an extra ally in battle? Any idea of stats and/or abilities?
Post edited by utahsaint on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think this was answered before. Pets will battle, mounts will not.
    Also you cannot mount pets.
  • Options
    tirent0000tirent0000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I think this was answered before. Pets will battle, mounts will not.
    Also you cannot mount pets.
    Giggaty ...
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    utahsaint wrote: »
    Are the pets(panther and wolf) cosmetic only or will they be an extra ally in battle? Any idea of stats and/or abilities?

If it follows CO in any way, shape or form, the companions will have scaling stats to your level. The companions in CO are useful, but don't equal another player. The AI on them (and this is probably better in NWO as opposed to CO) isn't the greatest, but it's sufficient for most encounters, and they do get basic commands (attack, defend, passive, stay).
  • Options
    juggalohunterjuggalohunter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cant mount pets? Whats this I hear?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cant mount pets? Whats this I hear?

Hah! You haven't heard half of what happens on this forum.

For e.g. - have you heard of romancing mounts(i.e. where your actions towards them, gifts, dialog choices, - decide if you "mount" them or not)? only people of NW forum can think that up!

p.s. "mount" means traveling on them - let us believe that for sake of innocence of forum users here.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    Did this just turn into an erotic role play thread?
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't knock it till ya try it.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    Don't knock it till ya try it.

When it comes to "mounting" I prefer to knock it while I'm trying it. Yeaaaaahhhhhh Buddy.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well at least I'm not the only one with chronic gutter-mind syndrome. I get the feeling I'm going to love these forums already XD
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And this is why we need bards...animal mood music.

Oh, sorta kinda should mention something specific that they will work like companions and indeed scale level attack in the same mechanics like other ones users will get in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maddmistermaddmister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And in the backround, bard Bubba plays "Ole McDonald had a farm, E I E I O!"
    Devs
    Are My Masters!
  • Options
    brewsterxbrewsterx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So the pets are combat....but it's not pay to win? I want to like this game, I really, really want to like this game but as we start to learn more about how they're handling it I'm beginning to doubt.
  • Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    maddmister wrote: »
    And in the backround, bard Bubba plays "Ole McDonald had a farm, E I E I O!"

I'm just so confused right now.
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    brewsterx wrote: »
    So the pets are combat....but it's not pay to win? I want to like this game, I really, really want to like this game but as we start to learn more about how they're handling it I'm beginning to doubt.

It is entirely possible, even likely, that every player gets a combat pet very early. I see no reason to think that the panther or wolf will give players who own them an edge for any unreasonable amount of time.

To me, a game that is "pay-to-win" is one where paying gives marked advantages that are either extremely difficult to get without paying or, worse still, otherwise unobtainable. If someone who pays gets a pet a few levels earlier than one who does not, is that really a large problem? I would say no - things will even out quickly. Now, if it is impossible to get a pet without paying, then yes, I would agree completely that something is amiss, but right now there is nothing to indicate that will be the case.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm just so confused right now.

Squeal like a piug Bubba, squeal like a pig...uhhh, no video link for that one folks ;)
    arythor wrote: »
    It is entirely possible, even likely, that every player gets a combat pet very early. I see no reason to think that the panther or wolf will give players who own them an edge for any unreasonable amount of time.

To me, a game that is "pay-to-win" is one where paying gives marked advantages that are either extremely difficult to get without paying or, worse still, otherwise unobtainable. If someone who pays gets a pet a few levels earlier than one who does not, is that really a large problem? I would say no - things will even out quickly. Now, if it is impossible to get a pet without paying, then yes, I would agree completely that something is amiss, but right now there is nothing to indicate that will be the case.

Yes, there IS a point where you can all earn a companion but NDA makes me not able to list details when and where. Hope that alleviates the P2W.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ... like other ones users will get in game.

Answered before the doubt was brought forth. Read the whole post and not just the part you want to read so you can start drama.