test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Humorous UGC

tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If I make an adventure or campaign with a lot of humor built into it, how would you respond to that? I'm talking about movie references, geek culture references, etc. I'm going to do it one way or another, but assuming you came across a well-made adventure with such references in it, how would it affect your decision in rating the adventure?

I really liked the humor in the game Magicka, if anyone is familiar with that.
Post edited by tinyish on

Comments

• mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know a lot of people don't like humor based gaming, but I'm a fan if it is done well. I loved games like Portal, Discworld, and Anacronox specifically for the humor.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just include that info in the description, and I'd have no problem with it, because I could just move on.

I don't like pop culture refs in MMO's, but especially don't want them in a D&D based MMORPG. Let me know so I can avoid it, and no problem; lure me in and then inundate me with pop refs...I'll vote it down.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Inconceivable" I could see having fun with that movie
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Works for me.. A bunch of WoW content is based on parody and I always got a good laugh out of it. If the humour isn't over the top and forced I am sure most people will enjoy it.
  • meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Yep. As long as it is well done. Know though that Cryptic will probably frown on any copyright infringements...

So much for my bigfoot named Chewy....
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Time for a port of "Sex and the Single Adventuress" from the old NWN days.
  • adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Just include that info in the description, and I'd have no problem with it, because I could just move on.

I don't like pop culture refs in MMO's, but especially don't want them in a D&D based MMORPG. Let me know so I can avoid it, and no problem; lure me in and then inundate me with pop refs...I'll vote it down.

diddo please state in the description that your adventure is this way and i will avoid it like the plague and thus will not rate it quite unfavorably.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Time for a port of "Sex and the Single Adventuress" from the old NWN days.

No custom uploads.

And reviews will pick violations.

:'(
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Inconceivable" I could see having fun with that movie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This actually brings up a good question: Will the UGC in game filters (will there be filters?) have a sorting field for UGC taged as "humor" or "satirical"?
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    If I'm prepared for it a humorous quest or two that satires modern culture could be quite fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger