test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In game security for our accounts

keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering how account security is going to be addressed, will we have log-in in authorization every time or authenticators? Reason I ask is my horrible GW2 experience where my account was stolen the second day and 14 days later I got it back. I was joined by quite a few people in this not so uplifting experience and I am quite sure our hacker friends will be all over this. Just needing some reasurances that this will be well thought out and we won't be taking on gold spammers every second either. Most of my new friend requests in GW2 are gold sellers so not looking forward to a re-hash of that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• runamonkrunamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can help to protect yourself a great deal by not using the same username and password here as you do on other forums and games. Hopefully they'll have some additional authentication.
    keaolian wrote: »
    Just wondering how account security is going to be addressed, will we have log-in in authorization every time or authenticators? Reason I ask is my horrible GW2 experience where my account was stolen the second day and 14 days later I got it back. I was joined by quite a few people in this not so uplifting experience and I am quite sure our hacker friends will be all over this. Just needing some reasurances that this will be well thought out and we won't be taking on gold spammers every second either. Most of my new friend requests in GW2 are gold sellers so not looking forward to a re-hash of that.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like to have about 6 or 7 passwords and randomly cycle one out and add another one randomly chosen in.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know when I logged onto STO the first time recently, that it "registered" my computer, and sent an email saying a new computer was being attached to my account, was it OK... blah blah blah

So, basically if a computer that has different credentials attempts to log on you are notified, and can take the steps to change email addresses, pass words etc etc.
  • keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can help to protect yourself a great deal by not using the same username and password here as you do on other forums and games.

Yes, actually I have a bunch of passwords and user names along with different e-mails. I changed my GW2 and Blizzard passwords to something so long, I have to pull out notepad,copy, and paste the password in because there is no way I could remember.

I am just hoping to hear that they have some kind of plan in place. It's not always the user's fault. Hackers get in frequently to large companies or so I have read. NcSoft, Blizzard, Bethesda to just name a few. The US government as well.
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I found this article one day that had some good info that could be used to help with security. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/technology/personaltech/how-to-devise-passwords-that-drive-hackers-away.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
  • keaoliankeaolian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice read thanks.