test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets discuss loot....or what I like to call phat lewtz

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off I just want to share with you a little history about myself as far as gaming: My first MMO was Asheron's Call in 1999 and I still play it to this day (although very sparingly, I've kept my account active for 14 years now) AC is the only MMO I have ever known to allow any player to aquire the best loot in the game within a small group setting or while solo. It also plays very much like an ARPG (Diablo & TL2) but within a traditional MMO setup i.e. 3rd person, WSAD movement and hotbar based combat. For those very reasons I can never really get used to the left click for all in an ARPG.

Now the questions I have, as I understand it there are no multi-group elements in the game (what some would call raiding, i.e. 10 to 25 man raids).
  1. Is there a wide varity of loot to be found?
  2. Is loot dynamic? (meaning random or is it mob specific meaning a boss can only drop specific named items like WoW)
  3. Can you find the best loot in the game through luck?
  4. Is the loot based on suffix/prefix naming system i.e. of the Wolf or of the unicorn
  5. is there a Bind on Pickup & Bind on aquire system or is all loot tradeable?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• Options
    tirent0000tirent0000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope to GAWD all mighty their is raiding i can't see them not putting end game content....
  • Options
    dequixoticdequixotic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tirent0000 wrote: »
    I hope to GAWD all mighty their is raiding i can't see them not putting end game content....

Confirmed to be no large group, long, grindy raiding. End game will be dungeon delves, five-member challenging instances that last about an hour and will provide "phat lootz".

Quote from the producer via the FAQ:
    "Andy Velasquez: Personally I feel like our Dungeon Delves are huge improvement over the overall raiding experience that I have personally experienced playing MMOs. When I think about what I loved during my time raiding in other MMO?s it was always the joy of getting mah phat lewtz and the challenge of taking down interesting content with my buddies. What I hated was the slog that almost always came with it.
    Our Dungeon Delves are still the places where you will be going to get your phat lewt. They are still where you will find the some of the most interesting bosses, monsters and locations Neverwinter has to offer and you are your friends will be challenged to take down all of the content in them. Yet they are meant to be shorter less grindy affairs than traditional MMO raids"

I can only answer a few of the OP's questions:
    1. Presumably? Yes... but unlike some systems it is pregenerated and based on a loot table, so that might limit the numbers a bit.
    2. Yes, loot is dynamic, but some mobs will drop certain rare items especially in dungeon delves and instances.
    3. Most likely the best loot will come from dungeon delve bosses. This is according to the FAQ.
    4. I do not know. A dev or mod will have to comment.
    5. Same as 4.

This was ,and still is in many ways, an ARPG (based on D&D, a PnP game where loot is important as well) though and from videos I have seen loot drops regularly and seems to be an integral part of the game.

Source for info and where you might find more: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?5211-Neverwinter-Online-New-Users-FAQ
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    dequixotic wrote: »
    Confirmed to be no large group, long, grindy raiding. End game will be dungeon delves, five-member challenging instances that last about an hour and will provide "phat lootz".

Quote from the producer via the FAQ:
    "Andy Velasquez: Personally I feel like our Dungeon Delves are huge improvement over the overall raiding experience that I have personally experienced playing MMOs. When I think about what I loved during my time raiding in other MMO?s it was always the joy of getting mah phat lewtz and the challenge of taking down interesting content with my buddies. What I hated was the slog that almost always came with it.
    Our Dungeon Delves are still the places where you will be going to get your phat lewt. They are still where you will find the some of the most interesting bosses, monsters and locations Neverwinter has to offer and you are your friends will be challenged to take down all of the content in them. Yet they are meant to be shorter less grindy affairs than traditional MMO raids"

I can only answer a few of the OP's questions:
    1. Presumably? Yes... but unlike some systems it is pregenerated and based on a loot table, so that might limit the numbers a bit.
    2. Yes, loot is dynamic, but some mobs will drop certain rare items especially in dungeon delves and instances.
    3. Most likely the best loot will come from dungeon delve bosses. This is according to the FAQ.
    4. I do not know. A dev or mod will have to comment.
    5. Same as 4.

This was ,and still is in many ways, an ARPG (based on D&D, a PnP game where loot is important as well) though and from videos I have seen loot drops regularly and seems to be an integral part of the game.

Source for info and where you might find more: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?5211-Neverwinter-Online-New-Users-FAQ

Awesome! I love the fact that its an ARPG type of game but with MMO 3rd person View, hotbars and WASD movement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    wildheartz12wildheartz12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I started playing Asherons Call in 2000.. and played it for like 3 years.. It was the best MMORPG I ever played... I heard they brought back Asherons Call 2 a while ago.. It wasn't as good as the first game though...
  • Options
    katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do believe that you still use left/right click for actions such as attacks though? From the videos it looks that way to me anyways. Which you said you weren't a fan of so... yeah. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    i like everything andy has said regrding lot. I hope loot stays away from its WOW continually increasing number base as much as possibly.
    If anything i hope loot stays the closest to pnp or NWN as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]