test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone know what date in Dale Reckoning the game starts at?

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all, or should I say... Well Met!

I am looking forward to the startup of this game, and I am completely enthusastic that it is set in the Forgotten Realms.

I have one question for right now... being a player and DM for the setting in tabletop D&D... what years is this set in?

I saw mention that this was working with D&D4 rules, but just wanted to see were we stand.

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marenormarenor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am going from memory to posts that I have read earlier and hopes this makes sense to you, I believe the time is set about 100 years after the Spellplague. There is a detailed timeline created by one of the resident loremasters, Zebular in the Art and Fiction section of the Moonstone Mask. The thread is stickied. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's a good question. I know it's later than 1474. Can anybody else narrow it down further?
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From the companion:
    A magical malady called the wailing death struck its citizens in 1372 DR, the city not recovering for a decade. Then the Spellplague struck.
    This is 1372+10+100=1482 ?!?
  • Options
    pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think we're also intentionally keeping the date a little vague. The more wiggle room we give, the more storytelling options players have for keeping their Foundry missions within canon.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1479 DR. /10char
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I think we're also intentionally keeping the date a little vague. The more wiggle room we give, the more storytelling options players have for keeping their Foundry missions within canon.

No you are not. We know the year fro your spoilers in Lore video already. The Helm's hold, Neverember event all happened in 1479DR.

However, what about Shards of Selune? I am dying to know that! Did it make it in?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm, that some late dates.

I have resource books from earlier than this... though, I probably couldn't use most of them, I could use some stuff form them.

Thanks for insight though. I think I'm going to have to catch up with some FR lore.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    ... I think I'm going to have to catch up with some FR lore.

Its not easy. There is no one place where you can catch up except perhaps for D&D insider.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I was affraid that catching up was going to be difficult. But I'm hoping that I should be able to find a timeline somewhere, or at least find the FR 4th Ed rules.