test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are the Founder's Packs refundable?

ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Considering the excessive cost of these digital items I'm very curious, are they refundable? Do we get a "30 day trial" where we can cancel and have the items removed?
Post edited by ssantiagox on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    That should be clear tomorrow when they are purchasable.

My gut instinct is that it will not be refundable, though. If they do permit refunds those refunds would likely have to be claimed before the first Beta Tests.
    These kind of promotions are almost never "Taste Testing." Think of all the refunds they would be giving after the Beta Tests if there was a 30 day refund policy.

I hope they simply permit players to upgrade their package for a reduced fee after the first weekend to avoid those issues but again this information would be released tomorrow.
  • skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    ssantiagox wrote: »
    Considering the excessive cost of these digital items I'm very curious, are they refundable? Do we get a "30 day trial" where we can cancel and have the items removed?

PWE wouldn't refund me of my Founder's Pack in their game, Raiderz, so I doubt they would give out refunds for Neverwinter's Founder's Packs.
  • vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I hope there's no refunds.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Actually people who pre-ordered SWTOR was able to later to get a reverse charge on their credit card. Don't recall the exact code policy, but there is a policy code that is grounds for a reversal charge. Key thing here was that the credit card company did the reversal since I doubt BioEA would have done it.

Darkfall people who preordered the game also got refunds so I think credit card companies can do a reverse charge but within a certain time period like 30-45 days. However their account was locked.

Both of these I've seen on the MMORPG.com forums.
  • runamonkrunamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Me too. :)
  • ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

And why would you hope there are no refunds? Coming from a consumer that makes no sense whatsoever.

At the end of the day PWE will ultimately be held accountable to federal and state laws regarding consumer return policies.

If PWE believes the game is of high quality and they expect their customers to feel they've received value for their purchase then they should have no problem providing a refund policy on founders packages - especially during the beta program since you have NO real way to judge the product until AFTER buying.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    And why would you hope there are no refunds? Coming from a consumer that makes no sense whatsoever.

At the end of the day PWE will ultimately be held accountable to federal and state laws regarding consumer return policies.

If PWE believes the game is of high quality and they expect their customers to feel they've received value for their purchase then they should have no problem providing a refund policy on founders packages - especially during the beta program since you have NO real way to judge the product until AFTER buying.

Mass Effect 3 all over again. Remember when that person wanted to sue because they thought they weren't getting their money's worth because of the ending, claiming "false advertisement"? I say suck it up! Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the pack, and to the company's credit, they've been pretty up front and clear with what to expect from purchasing the pack.

ambisinisterr is right, though. You can't buy a pack of gum, eat all but one piece, then go back to the store and expect a refund because it lost its flavor. Getting priority access to closed beta is part of the deal, and probably the part most people initially bought the pack for in the first place.
  • mosnacky01mosnacky01 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Isn't this like the sixth "can we get refunds" thread? Do people not know this is the newest way for those who have an agenda against a specific company to greif?
    No woman should marry before she has slain her tenth man.-:Vartha Do'Urden
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im not purchasing one until at least the first beta weekend for a more broad opinion on the game. I tend to buy the largest game packs and typically i wouldnt have a problem buying early. However, $200 is a lot to go in blindly

So i really hope the NDA allows for some feedback from you guys this weekend :-) my hero of the north pack depends on it
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    Most places that have laws regarding refunds, it's still perfectly legal to state "no refunds". As long as they comply with all applicable laws in the event someone requests one.
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Mass Effect 3 all over again. Remember when that person wanted to sue because they thought they weren't getting their money's worth because of the ending, claiming "false advertisement"? I say suck it up! Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the pack, and to the company's credit, they've been pretty up front and clear with what to expect from purchasing the pack.

ambisinisterr is right, though. You can't buy a pack of gum, eat all but one piece, then go back to the store and expect a refund because it lost its flavor. Getting priority access to closed beta is part of the deal, and probably the part most people initially bought the pack for in the first place.

Actually they have stated no charge for the Beta access so if that is true then no value has been gained from the pack if returned after first beta weekend.

Actually in my opinion they have not been real clear on the packs and have seen several threads started because of lack of clarity. The biggest issue I have seen raised is will mounts and pets be reskinned. I have seen plenty of community memebers with experience in other cryptic games say to expect reskins but if there was an official response I missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Actually they have stated no charge for the Beta access so if that is true then no value has been gained from the pack if returned after first beta weekend.

Actually in my opinion they have not been real clear on the packs and have seen several threads started because of lack of clarity. The biggest issue I have seen raised is will mounts and pets be reskinned. I have seen plenty of community memebers with experience in other cryptic games say to expect reskins but if there was an official response I missed it.

The only unclear concern that I've seen that could be potentially life-threatening is whether or not you gt to keep all your stuff after wipes/all they way through release and beyond.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    They have confirmed that all of the Founders Pack Content will carry into the live game.
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In regards to Cryptic, people got refunds for several weeks with Star Trek Online.. Problems was more and more people wanted refunds.. cause the game was not complete at the time of release (in a worse way than most MMOs). Eventually they stopped letting people have refunds. People have short term memories when it comes to MMOs.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."