test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NWN1 Players Guild?

anubisugpanubisugp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Any Old Scripters, old Modders, Old players from NWN1 Lingering?

Inuyasha, Element BlackFire, Element, Anubis.. were a few of my names on 12 AC arena serves, LaWolf's server in LocalVault and of course UBER servers and builds alike.

Just wondering if anyone else is still around.. haha. If so, lets get things going.
Post edited by anubisugp on

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Although I love NWN1 and still play campaign occasionally I have a guild I will be running . We will be making UGC to the best of our ability. You might want to have a look at the RolePlaying module ideas I came up with here. I know there are some guilds that have come over from Neverwinter I am just not exactly sure which ones. I hope finding or making a guild goes well for you
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anubisugpanubisugp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How's the scripting Content in this game vs the old open source NWN, i don't expect it to be nearly as open and complex as far as scripting depth and Module building, but i'm sure i'll come up with a few ideas here and there
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I played alot of NWN and did some building and such but didn't go so far as to publish most of it despite coming up with some really interesting scripts. We haven't heard anything about what code will be available in the foundry yet, only a few tidbits here and there in interviews like the ability to make playable mods that give xp without combat but due to that will be restricted on possible rewards. You can assign monsters independently or the visual so if you wanted to have a weak dragon you could assign it the stats and abilities of a rat but the visual of a dragon, although it will give rewards based on stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wel, I too am also in another Guild here, but did play a lot on a NWN1 server. That was one called The Kingdom of Thaates, made by one Ether Dragon. A littel over a year ago I ran across Ether on the LoTRO site, was good tp know he was still around and doing ok. Realy hope he gets involved in this game too, he was a good DM and could write some great storys. Will also have to say that yes, I did play through the whole NWN1 campaign and all the expansions, plus many of the player mods. One of my favorites was the remake of one of the games started this whole computer based DnD gameing biz, Pool of Radiance (looky at me avatar :) ). Also just because some of may be in other guilds, or even running one (Death :) ), don't mean we can't get together every now an again to reminisc and play some as a group.

Take care, be safe and hope ta see ya in game sometime.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I was a Scripter for The Untold Path and for a short time Abyss Layer 404 Server in NWN.

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to use much, if any, of my programming capabilities in Neverwinter. Can't let us break the game, y'know :(

But there's a lot of us Original NWN1ers here.There should be no shortage of Old School NWN Players looking to join a guild but personally I'm going to remain out of any guilds at the very least for the time being.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I am one of those old NWN1 players. I started off with the old school SSI D&D games like Pool of Radiance and Azure Bonds. I will certainly be playing this, but as for joining guild I don't know. I'm looking, but we will see how things go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I also did played,modded allot back in the days, I was a kid back then:))) Don't know how much time I will have to still do things like this....And not sure I want to mod in this game, I'm more interested in the PVP right now
  • Options
    elazaerothelazaeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I once Admin'd, Founded, DM'd several Persistant World servers in NWN's 1, and while that's all fun and games. I'm hoping there are other "Roleplayers" on these forums?

If so, let's hook up! The RP must not die!
    "There is no room for '2' in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for 'mayhap' in a house of trues and falses, and no 'green with envy' in a black and white world. ~Ravel

Scaling the rooftops of the Protectors Enclave since Beta Weekend #1.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    elazaeroth wrote: »
    ... I'm hoping there are other "Roleplayers" on these forums?...

*Comes screaming in like a little girl with one person ahead and two people following him*
    Unfortunately, all we have on forums right now are annoying role players causing all sorts of mischief, killing bears and using their head as hat while wearing their guts ... and discussing about using scientific methods to classify dragonborn in forgotten realms.

When they get bored of the stuff above, they stop by some tavern to talk or tell others about their history - how they bravely faced the monster of Caerbannog, and survived to tell the tale.

Really annoying group of people I tell you. Don't you join their pesky band :p

*Joins them screaming train of people again*
  • Options
    elazaerothelazaeroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    Haha, 10 years too late I'm afraid. :o
    "There is no room for '2' in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for 'mayhap' in a house of trues and falses, and no 'green with envy' in a black and white world. ~Ravel

Scaling the rooftops of the Protectors Enclave since Beta Weekend #1.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    elazaeroth wrote: »
    Haha, 10 years too late I'm afraid. :o

*sigh*
    So you are damned like us too? Makes my heart flutter ...

No! I mean sad! Yes. Why would your damnation make my heart flutter? I am not a devil! And your soul won't go to me after damnation ....

*takes out a hand mirror to check his red eyes are not showing*

As I said, I am a cleric of Selune, not some devil ... here let me heal you with this potion and prove it...

*takes out a bottle labelled Made in Malsheem*

Here, two spoonfuls every bloodmoon...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Play non-existent characters here? That's ridiculous! Isn't that right Mr. Dodohead (my purple invisible Dodo of course?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teresateresa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was a Scripter for The Untold Path and for a short time Abyss Layer 404 Server in NWN.

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to use much, if any, of my programming capabilities in Neverwinter. Can't let us break the game, y'know :(

But there's a lot of us Original NWN1ers here.There should be no shortage of Old School NWN Players looking to join a guild but personally I'm going to remain out of any guilds at the very least for the time being.

Umm.. well.. maybe that will be okay? I really look forward to seeing this game. I was a mod designer myself and a DM on a couple servers for NWN but mainly I was a player. ^^ I stopped playing maybe 3 years ago.. tried NWN2 but meeh..... When NWN2 came out I thought it was just my lack of PC Power at the time but.. nope.. it was just fail.. Lets hope Neverwinter doesn't fail where NWN2 did. This can be the future of gaming But Neverwinter, you gotta do it justice! NWN had a GREAT thing! Do not let us down! I am slamming my head in the wall waiting for the game to release (or my beta ticket ^^) ever since I hear the rumors about this game wernt true (It wont be online, it wont allow you to create your own campaign), but you didn't disappoint! Keep it up! If you succeed I will have real respect for Perfect World and anyone else who has their hands in this!
  • Options
    teresateresa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Okay, sorry for double posting but I think it is worth mentioning (excusing my poor scripting skillz, it has been years and I wasn't great back then so *shrugs*)

void main()
    {

object oNeverwinter = GetEnteringObject();

if (!GetIsGame(oNeverwinter)) return;

if (GetProducer(oNeverwinter)!="Perfect_World")
    return;

if (GetLocalInt(oNeverwinter, "NWN")== 1)
    {
    CreateItemOnObject("win!", oNeverwinter);

}
    else if (GetLocalInt(oNeverwinter, "NWN")== 2)
    {
    CreateItemOnObject("fail!", oNeverwinter);

}
    else if (GetLocalInt(oNeverwinter, "NWN")>= Original)
    {
    CreateItemOnObject("epic_win!", oNeverwinter);

}
    }
  • Options
    dalamoredalamore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well Met my fellow Adventurers. * Dusts off his cloak and dumps the snow out of his boots and settles in close to the hearth *

Old School NWN player here. Same name as I had back in the Bloodstone Lands. I helped a little with a wonderful PW for many years. I am looking forward to finding a guild that has lots of RP and fellowship. I still have that game and I can't wait for this one to be released. I have DnD RP experience 25 plus years and would really enjoy meeting gamers of similar experience and mindset.

May the wind be always at your back, and your camp free from trolls.

Cheers,

Dalamore
    Be Good or Be Good at It
  • Options
    tearingtheweavetearingtheweave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys, I as well am one of the NWN1 old timers. I've had a few different usernames such as TearingtheWeave,Honor in Death, Entreri MoonBlade, among others. I too was a player/builder and admin'd a server called Daggerdale for a few yrs. I've been pc gaming since '04 and actually started with NWN. I also have 25 yrs. of pnp gaming experience. I'm not really sure what's going with me joining a guild as of yet but if you guys find an old school NWN guild that moves over here (or already is here)shoot me a pm! Thanks!
  • Options
    rhayrrhayr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I roleplayed, DM'ed, founded, scripted, created content for Daggerford PW, HAZE PW, and Penitence PW.

I haven't poked around with video games in about ten years but this may pull me out of my shell.

To what extent will Foundry allow users to create dynamic and persistent environments? I'm guessing none.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rhayr wrote: »
    I roleplayed, DM'ed, founded, scripted, created content for Daggerford PW, HAZE PW, and Penitence PW.

I haven't poked around with video games in about ten years but this may pull me out of my shell.

To what extent will Foundry allow users to create dynamic and persistent environments? I'm guessing none.
    Currently wishlisted and devs are also trying to make it work with making PvP Foundry missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drentikadrentika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I played over 4 years on Avlis PW. I sooo loved it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaketrinzaketrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was involved with DeputyDog's Neversummer PW. Back then, I was known as RadPro.
  • Options
    mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    I'm in. I have been playing/building on NWN1 Since 2003. I still play on Amia occasionally, one of the few servers that are left. I have tried several other games over the years but none caught my interest as NWN1 did, till now! From what I have seen of the game so far I think the possibilities are endless in Neverwinter with like minded people playing together... Those with the love watching rp unfold and create it's own stories.

I never got a chance to look at the foundry, however I have watched youtube videos and compared to building on NWN1 it looks to be quite simple and user friendly. :)
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • Options
    pennpopperpennpopper Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ahoy @rhayr! I'm hoping for a return of the quality of the RP worlds we experienced in the past as well.
  • Options
    drentikadrentika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping for a return of the quality of the RP worlds we experienced in the past as well.
    Same here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Played NWN almost 24/7 on the Blood N Lust server for over 3 yrs. Miss the camaraderie we had. I have never played an MMO before, but I'm hoping to get the same feeling here as I had then.
  • Options
    rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    We ran an IGN Hall of Fame Persistent Roleplaying Server for NWN for many wonderful years at http://www.Menzoberranzan.net (where our current Guild Site and Foundry Development Project currently resides).

Since the announcement of this game, we have been busy trying to attract a lot of that old crowd here, to help 'raise the roleplaying bar' a little bit.

I still have the old Windows XP Server, the Mod, and all the required HAKs to put it back online in a very limited fashion. (I have everything but the actual database files that maintained persistency, and the information for many of the scripts we ran, unfortunately). We also built what I consider to still be one of the best custom tilesets released for NWN1, which was used by many PW Servers around the Internet (including a couple that have already been listed here :) ).

Long live the Neverwinter Nights Roleplaying Community!!

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • Options
    ssjburorissjburori Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, I as well am one of the NWN1 old timers. I've had a few different usernames such as TearingtheWeave,Honor in Death, Entreri MoonBlade, among others. I too was a player/builder and admin'd a server called Daggerdale for a few yrs. I've been pc gaming since '04 and actually started with NWN. I also have 25 yrs. of pnp gaming experience. I'm not really sure what's going with me joining a guild as of yet but if you guys find an old school NWN guild that moves over here (or already is here)shoot me a pm! Thanks!

Yay someone from Daggerdale!

Name is familiar but my memory is horrible and NwN was so long ago..

Burori here. I played a lot of Neverwinter nights. Mostly stayed on Daggerdale. I did most of the player aspect of the game. I dabbled in GMing/building my own servers.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am one of those old NWN1 players. I started off with the old school SSI D&D games like Pool of Radiance and Azure Bonds. I will certainly be playing this, but as for joining guild I don't know. I'm looking, but we will see how things go.

I ran a yahoo messageboard that answered questions and linked favorites on NwN, (which is still active as NwNCrazy), for 11-12 years and am looking at starting a guild. The listing is up here on the main directory as NWCrazy. In game, I have made a character named Otter so if you add me as a friend, expect that the guild will follow as soon as I get some of the old group back up to speed with the new game.
  • Options
    dazglass87dazglass87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rhayr wrote: »

Hey man, Ani from haze here, you still in touch with anyone else?