test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Neverwinter video translated

xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm not a freaking translator. I did my best. It's pretty poor quality. But you get a basic understanding of whats being said(some of the time).

Also I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here and on youtube. If I am, get your peek wile you can before it's removed. Try not to share it with all your friends. If it stays in the forum only, it will likely stay up.

http://youtu.be/VpYYFKzIE6I

Edit: The subtitles don't seem to show up on Firefox. But I can see them on Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

Edit: For some reason some people can even see them in Firefox. And others cant in Chrome. I'm not really sure to do about that.
Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
Post edited by xearrik on

Comments

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    umm I'm watching it all i'm hearing is german and I can't see any subtitles:)

Nvm I enabled close caption and it seems to be working
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    umm I'm watching it all i'm hearing is german and I can't see any subtitles:)

Are you using firefox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nope Chrome
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Works with Firefox for me, had to press the captions button and turn on captions.
  • Options
    uglybuggeruglybugger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Xearrik :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Xearrik:)
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    oh my... Thanks for the video
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh where oh where have our Moderators gone, seriously I just want to know if this was someone breaking NDA or not
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh where oh where have our Moderators gone, seriously I just want to know if this was someone breaking NDA or not

I'm not breaking the NDA I know that. It's in public domain now. Why should only the Germans be able to understand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ughh pretty bad translation but better than nothing I suppose thanks for the link.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much for translating this! :D

This video makes me want Neverwinter to come out now. Looks awesome! I was thinking I'd be content with humdrum gameplay so long as the Foundry is cool, but wow this video gets me excited. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    I'm not breaking the NDA I know that. It's in public domain now. Why should only the Germans be able to understand it.

I dont mean you I mean the German

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's hard to read. And you have to keep pausing it so you can get a full understanding of what its trying to say. But there is some interesting new information from the translation. Even a possible new release date. Though you cant be very sure. The translation was very rough. I had a hard time understanding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magicalhobitmagicalhobit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't post new topics yet... but I am curious what is so special about Neverwinter ? Why is it any different from any other D&D game? I am not trolln, but I want to know if I can get into this. Can someone give me a brief description why anyone that has never played this game should get into it.
    Cuz it looks like a mixture of WoW and Guild Wars 2 and I like neither of those games.
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    but I am curious what is so special about Neverwinter ?

That's a very good question actually!

But i am sure there's a German player around here who can answer all your questions concerning Neverwinter.

*Grumbles*

left_right097_005.gif
  • Options
    magicalhobitmagicalhobit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No english players here?
  • Options
    jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited January 2013
    Great video, thanks for that!

Got a good look at the gui for feats and the skill "trees". Good footage of typical dungeon gameplay and how the loot at the end will go.

Seems very simple. Almost seems like just having STR INT DEX would suit the game better. So few moves makes the classes seem more like heroes from dota.

The hero select screen doesnt seem to leave much space for more classes/races though. Very strange setup having races like that.

Looks like great fun though. Still not really feeling the D&D. The world map with all the well known places was a bit exciting! (Ok, so I guess I do care about the lore a little ;) )
  • Options
    highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    Got to see Halflings and Tieflings in the creator, so that was new to me. Now we need a few more classes like warlock.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Got to see Halflings and Tieflings in the creator, so that was new to me. Now we need a few more classes like warlock.
    You mean Druid right? and the race Dragonborn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If anyone's having trouble seeing captions, make sure you have the captions options on the youtube player turned on. Thumbs up for taking your time to do this man! Thanks alot.
  • Options
    caelaenacaelaena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the effort! It might not be the best translation ever but who cares, at least now we have some clue what they're saying! :)
  • Options
    runamonkrunamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This video has me to excited! I cannot wait till they get this puppy done and ready for release. :D
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    u sir are a legend thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I can't post new topics yet... but I am curious what is so special about Neverwinter ? Why is it any different from any other D&D game? I am not trolln, but I want to know if I can get into this. Can someone give me a brief description why anyone that has never played this game should get into it.
    Cuz it looks like a mixture of WoW and Guild Wars 2 and I like neither of those games.

On topic: thanks for the translation

off topic:
    The great thing about Neverwinter location is the years of well developed lore that the developers can use to give the game depth. The other good thing is this is supposed to be a D&D based game so if it plays like the games you mentioned then it is not so good for Neverwinter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the video but there are inaccuracies in the article. Not sure what is and isn't covered under NDA ATM so I can't elaborate on this comment further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The game isn't out yet, so we can't all be 100% sure with what we say. Still, I'll try to give you a succinct rundown.

First, what separates it from most D&D games is the action combat. It's not point and click like Guild Wars 2 or WoW is. Action RPG's are generally fast paced and extremely thrilling to pay, whereas GW2 and WoW, while fun aren't really like that.

Second, the foundry. This game has a built in toolset which players can use to create their own missions. As other people from STO can also attest to, it works well and if STO is any indication we'll be seeing a lot of really fun and original missions being made by the userbase. That right there differentiates it from most other MMOs in existence. They rely on gear grind or other grinds to keep things interesting. Neverwinter will probably have that, but it will also have the foundry.

Third, flexibility. With the action combat and the user created content, thrown in to a m.m.o., you have a recipe for long term success. You can play how you want, whether it be with a group or solo. You can play what you want, whether that be the story driven content that the foundry can give you on a regular basis or the more standard pursuit of awesome equipment through dungeons and what not.

P.S. Sorry for any bad grammar which may be found within this post.

P.P.S. Sorry for lack of brevity.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the video but there are inaccuracies in the article. Not sure what is and isn't covered under NDA ATM so I can't elaborate on this comment further.

No no we totally understand....

What? Sodium Pentothal? No it's a vitamin B12 shot; you look a little tired and run down and hey I care man.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Sorry truth. But if it has been confirmed as official outlet, if there are any inaccuracies, they need to be addressed by devs or marketing team through official channels.
    Unless that time, the article should have to be the fact and reference for discussions.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

The inaccuracies are most likely my fault. I can't commit to a single language. I am currently studding Japaneses, Chinese Mandarin, French, Spanish and German. I keep going back and forth. I can't ever make up my mind which to do first. So I never become as proficient as I'd like in any one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]