test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Petition for fists!

fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really hope the starting classes include a monk type class or a class that uses its fists as weapons. I've always loved the monk system in DnD games and I have high hopes for some form of monk type class in this one. I just hope it doesn't turn out like DDO where of course the monk is the most underused underplayed unwanted class in the game. "No Vorpal no thanks"
Post edited by fcrowles on

Comments

• Options
    mechatestpilotmechatestpilot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope the monk ends up being featured as well - the 4E monk is actually a seriously entertaining class (at least the fluff for the powers is).
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes! I want a bard!

And a monk, the 4e one who uses sword.

Fists are sooo 3e, so outdated.
  • Options
    runamonkrunamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Me too my favorite class is the monk. (= I loved my monk in EQ!:rolleyes:
    fcrowles wrote: »
    I really hope the starting classes include a monk type class or a class that uses its fists as weapons. I've always loved the monk system in DnD games and I have high hopes for some form of monk type class in this one. I just hope it doesn't turn out like DDO where of course the monk is the most underused underplayed unwanted class in the game. "No Vorpal no thanks"
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Hope you guys get your type of class. Me, I am hoping for some sort of Melee/Offensive Magic Hybrid type of character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    ... I am hoping for some sort of Melee/Offensive Magic Hybrid type of character.

Sounds like monk if you consider psion as magic...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, if the other MMO is a guide, we'll get it before Druids *rimshot* thank you I'm here all week except for forum breaking crises :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enterikusenterikus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't be so harsh as to use the other mMO as a guide ;)
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yeah fisting ftw
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    lolwutruevendoinlolwutruevendoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    yeah fisting ftw

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about that way of using you're fists. But hey whatever works for you, myself though I'd rather kill enemy's in a lot cleaner way. Plus what if you run into an goblin? You would never get the smell off you're hands ever.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    yeah fisting ftw
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about that way of using you're fists. But hey whatever works for you, myself though I'd rather kill enemy's in a lot cleaner way. Plus what if you run into an goblin? You would never get the smell off you're hands ever.

pffffffftt bahahaha.
    no real interest in playing a monk type class, so glad i decided to browse this thread anyways