test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dibs on fire mage shown in GWF video

gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So? What is the fire mage shown in the video.

Is it control wizard at high level? But fire is more of damaging type.

So can it be a sorcerer?

A warlock?

Or (hehe) a Bard?

A druid?

What do you think?
Post edited by gillrmn on

Comments

• cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure in one of the developer posts, it was alluded to being a different class all together.

My gut tells me that is the case too, since we just the introduction of 2 flavors of fighter class(es). Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see it be called a sorcerer.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Votes added! I voted what I desire most :p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For absolutely no reason whatsoever, and absolutely nothing to do with some things not related to any items I might have seen, I'm going to just guess scourge warlock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I say it is probably a sorcerer of some sort, as so far they are sticking to varients of original D&D classes ie; fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard. So sorcerer seems like the best choice for me, hopefully we will get a hard confirm of another varient to a classic D&D class __________ Ranger.

Pew Pew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Necromancer, I chose you!. Oh, wait... Dang it!
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    So? What is the fire mage shown in the video.

Is it control wizard at high level? But fire is more of damaging type.

So can it be a sorcerer?

A warlock?

Or (hehe) a Bard?

A druid?

What do you think?

Well I believe that a dev said that the Control Wizard wasn't getting fire spells. I might be wrong. I would suspect that its another Wizard build, but you never know. I hope they have other Arcane classes besides Wizards.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm for warlock also. It very well could be sorcerer, but I'd love to have my very own tiefling warlock.
    edited January 2013
    Yeah it did look like tiefling so I thought it would be warlock. But tiefling looks like the fav class of devs to show off. So it may have been just a mage.

Why aren't devs showing off halfling race a lot? No love for the children of Chauntea?

EDIT: Not that I care about midgets :p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've watched every side of the wizards several ways til Sunday Most powers appear to be ice based except for a couple of exceptions (eg magic missile, sleep) Of course if they have fire spells also, that would be great, but it's likely warlock with an infernal pact (that often is a scourge build.) But hey, it's all speculation, and we'll soon see.

Or if not soon, my offer of handing out the pitchforks and torches stands :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    hmm.... I believe that not many people think its a bard.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    war wizard/ red wizard
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I really really like generalist wizard :cool:

Sorcerer is also awsome