test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An active MMO player in search of the right guild.

xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
First I'll speak about what I'm looking for, then I'll talk a bit about my self. It's a long read but that's because I'm serious about what I'm looking for, and what sort of player I will be in NW. Please bare with me and be willing to read the full post before trying to recruit or flame me.

What I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a guild that revolves around foundry content. It must be an active guild with clear signs it will be a fully established guild quickly after the release of the NW. The foundry doesn't have to be only focus of the guild, just one of it's major focus points. Yes I've searched the forums and have found some guilds devoted to foundry content but they all seem to be old and no longer active.

Their are a few things the guild must have.

First: The guild must get together and play threw new foundry quests for the first time. A full group of people playing a quest threw for the first time is the closest thing to actual PnP in my opinion.

Second: The guild should play-test fellow guild members content. Preferably with the creators in the parties hanging back and taking notes as the players give helpful suggestions and comments on what they like and dislike. Watching over a live stream and speaking threw a dedicate voice chat would be very nice as well.

Third: This is dependent on the freedom allowed with the foundry, and it's not really a requirement, just something I would like to see. It would be very nice to have somebody create a quest or series of quests just for the guild to run threw, and play in PnP style, with the creator watching a live stream of the session and filling the role of a DM. Their could be a whole series of quests that branch off . And from time to time the DM makes new content, or tweaks the next quest to fit the actions of the party. I't could be run like an actual PnP session with DM do his thing outside of quests, and when the party has to pull their weapons and get dirty, the Foundry takes over. I will be posting this idea in the forums later today. I would like this to catch on in the game. I will probably just copy past and edit this paragraph :p.

A little about my self and what I have to offer.

I'm an old RPG player. I am fairly active online and plan to be a very active member of the NW community. Most especially with in comes to the foundry. I'm 30 years old if age is a requirement. My preferred role in most groups is that of a overseer of sorts. That doesn't mean that I want to be the boss and tell everybody how they must play. But that I like to take a broad view of the battle field and play a class that allows me to manipulate the battle field to my parties advantage. CC classes tend to allow me to do this best but that's not always the case. I don't like to only play a single class and role though. I like to have at least one character of every class and role and max them. Then roll many characters of the preferred class that gives me the control of the battlefield I seek.

I plan on being one of the games most prolific content creators. I wish to spend most of my time designing fun quests and running them with friends, letting them take point, and enjoy watching them make their way threw my content, possibly giving them a helpful suggestion from time to time.

I love playing new content for the first time with a group of friends. This is something that no MMO ever offered me until DDO Beta. DDO beta was one of the best MMO experiences of my gaming life. Unfortunately it had no staying power for me. After running a quest just a few times with new players, it turned into the same old mundane content every other MMO offers. (At least 1 member of your party knows everything to do and guides the party threw the quest.) I'm hoping NW will give me what I've been thirsting for since DDO beta. A game where a balanced group of adventurers go into the unknown looking for everything that the term "adventure" implies.

I can't really think of much else to say. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
Post edited by xearrik on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to Neverwinter! I don't know if there is a private group option in Foundry quests or not (so far it appears not at release,) but such a thing has been mentioned before! I think the fear is people use it to zerg XP grinding for an elite group and/or boost a GM's rating (the star ratings system is used and cannot be bypassed even if no rating is given. Rewards are tied to DM feedback that is favorable.)

But this game isn't released so having thoughtful detailed posts like this help shape different views and the possibility on what's in the next wishlist.

If you want to go into more personal detail about yourself, feel free to post in introductions as well.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a good fit for a new guild!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I appreciate your advance very much and i would like to encourage missions that can be replayed, but at the same time offer no advantage to players who want to exploit the mission for farming, or exploit the other players by offering superior knowledge of the secrets contained therein. Replayable missions are usually more polished and have fewer bugs.
    Concerning the guild you are looking for, i believe you want an experienced guild, one of the major guilds on teh game and one that has been very active for years. Lol the "Stone of Enlightenment" would be honored to have one such as you, but just like NWN itself, it will be no more than a fledgeling on its first killing spree. Welcome first member ;9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xearrik wrote: »
    First I'll speak about what I'm looking for, then I'll talk a bit about my self. It's a long read but that's because I'm serious about what I'm looking for, and what sort of player I will be in NW. Please bare with me and be willing to read the full post before trying to recruit or flame me.

What I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a guild that revolves around foundry content. It must be an active guild with clear signs it will be a fully established guild quickly after the release of the NW. The foundry doesn't have to be only focus of the guild, just one of it's major focus points. Yes I've searched the forums and have found some guilds devoted to foundry content but they all seem to be old and no longer active.

Their are a few things the guild must have.

First: The guild must get together and play threw new foundry quests for the first time. A full group of people playing a quest threw for the first time is the closest thing to actual PnP in my opinion.

Second: The guild should play-test fellow guild members content. Preferably with the creators in the parties hanging back and taking notes as the players give helpful suggestions and comments on what they like and dislike. Watching over a live stream and speaking threw a dedicate voice chat would be very nice as well.

Third: This is dependent on the freedom allowed with the foundry, and it's not really a requirement, just something I would like to see. It would be very nice to have somebody create a quest or series of quests just for the guild to run threw, and play in PnP style, with the creator watching a live stream of the session and filling the role of a DM. Their could be a whole series of quests that branch off . And from time to time the DM makes new content, or tweaks the next quest to fit the actions of the party. I't could be run like an actual PnP session with DM do his thing outside of quests, and when the party has to pull their weapons and get dirty, the Foundry takes over. I will be posting this idea in the forums later today. I would like this to catch on in the game. I will probably just copy past and edit this paragraph :p.

A little about my self and what I have to offer.

I'm an old RPG player. I am fairly active online and plan to be a very active member of the NW community. Most especially with in comes to the foundry. I'm 30 years old if age is a requirement. My preferred role in most groups is that of a overseer of sorts. That doesn't mean that I want to be the boss and tell everybody how they must play. But that I like to take a broad view of the battle field and play a class that allows me to manipulate the battle field to my parties advantage. CC classes tend to allow me to do this best but that's not always the case. I don't like to only play a single class and role though. I like to have at least one character of every class and role and max them. Then roll many characters of the preferred class that gives me the control of the battlefield I seek.

I plan on being one of the games most prolific content creators. I wish to spend most of my time designing fun quests and running them with friends, letting them take point, and enjoy watching them make their way threw my content, possibly giving them a helpful suggestion from time to time.

I love playing new content for the first time with a group of friends. This is something that no MMO ever offered me until DDO Beta. DDO beta was one of the best MMO experiences of my gaming life. Unfortunately it had no staying power for me. After running a quest just a few times with new players, it turned into the same old mundane content every other MMO offers. (At least 1 member of your party knows everything to do and guides the party threw the quest.) I'm hoping NW will give me what I've been thirsting for since DDO beta. A game where a balanced group of adventurers go into the unknown looking for everything that the term "adventure" implies.

I can't really think of much else to say. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Well first Welcome.

I am the Guild Leader of HCG(Hardcore Christian Gamers). As said in our thread we are Christians but we allow people of any faith or without claims to a religion in. We come from a larger cite, christian-gaming.com . The rest of the basic info can be read on our thread.

We plan on putting out a good bit of content. I myself have about 4 module ideas. I plan on having a "team" of UGC creators. This team will be trying to putt out the best content and occasionally maybe some "fun" or "humor" based content. If I ha enough members starting off I would like the team to be in the range of 9-15 people, but here is the thing I would plan it on rotations, where maybe 3 create content for a while and the others play PvE, PvP, UGC, etc.
    Allowing everyone in the team to both play and generate content. I also plan on having the team run our UGC first taking note of how they could think to improve and what to rate they would rate the content. After testing it would be open to all users(if this is possible). I have thought of guild only content but I am not sure it will be possible.

I would like team members who are having trouble making really good content to be encouraged and told "in a loving manner" on how to improve. By loving manner I mean just not sounding angry or anything like that, just telling and teaching them.

We currently have 2 voice chat systems for the guild a guild Skype HCG.Neverwinter and we have raidcall if you have not used raidcall it is free and is like a mixture of Skype and Vent.

I wouldn't mind the whole DM feel. From what I remember Neverwinter Nights had "active" DMing and even though this is not another NWN game I would enjoy some UGC supporting DMing during the run through.

Thats about most of the UGC info I think I can give right now. I understand that you may take time waiting on other guilds to respond to you before you choose. Everyone wants to be making the "Best" content I think a guild telling you the plan will help you know how they will make it that will set them apart.

If you want to join just either PM me or post on the HCG thread. If you want to ask specific questions do so.

Almost forgot Iamtruthseeker may work with us a on UGC when the game first releases.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    Come Join The Guild Of Icewind Dale! You'll love it and it's exactly what your looking for!:cool:
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the guild invites. I just got a new job, and I've been very busy adjusting to it. I'll give all your guilds a look before making any decisions. I'll take a look at some of your other members and maybe talk with some people. I'm a little reluctant to make any decisions at this time. It may take some time to do the research I'm still a bit busy right now.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.