test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prestige Classes??

zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Library
Does anyone have any clue if there are going to be prestige classes? I would like to see Archmage and Red Wizard or perhaps an entirely different prestige class. What prestige classes do you want to see?
Post edited by zynathar on

Comments

• Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    If i'm not wrong, 4th Edition has not prestige classes. If this game will have something like prestiges we will have Paragon Paths, but i dont know if it is avaiable at least in the release.
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    4e does not have prestige classes.

Instead it has Paragon Paths (level 11) and Epic Destinies (level 21). Everyone gets to join in!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Prestige classes are 3rd edition. There are no prestige classes in 4th ed as well as what you think of as multi-class (it's a whole other system in 4thed.) However, screen-shots and videos absolutely confirm there WILL be Paragon paths (specialty classes linked to your starting class type or race type,) and it looks like the feat trees/power trees that we unlock it like we do for powers in the MMO game, but I can't see the level numbers for Paragon to see when it starts at minimum level. (In the tabletop, it is available starting at level 11 of a 30-level progressing including Epic tier, while this game will have 60 levels and that includes only the heroic and paragon tiers at release.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Alright then does anyone know of the available paragon paths?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zynathar wrote: »
    Alright then does anyone know of the available paragon paths?

Those haven't been officially released. I don't specifically have videos listing Paragon path screen shots, and just a little too busy to comb through all of the links to find where I saw them. If somebody does find shots of the PP, do post them here and I promise to add hem to my FAQ. Oh, and some links I have meta-linked are reposed below:

Is there a place that is Consolidating Videos, Reviews or Previews about this game?

Updated: 09/29/2012: A good recap of important videos can be found in bitterwinter's Interview Video Compilation thread.

Also, granmazzo's E3 Preview Thread does an excellent job collecting reviews of all positions.

Cryptic/PWE lists links for Neverwinter showing E3 links at their News section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Nothing official about those yet, but the paragons from the 4.0 Phb1 (players handbook 1) are...

Cleric -
    Angelic Avenger
    Divine Oracle
    Radiant Servant
    Warpriest

Fighter -
    Iron Vanguard
    Kensei
    Pit Fighter
    Swordmaster

Ranger (assuming we have one) -
    Battlefield Archer
    Beast Stalker
    Pathfinder
    Stormwarden

Rogue -
    Cat Burglar
    Dagger Master
    Master Infiltrator
    Shadow Assassin

Wizard -
    Battle Mage
    Blood Mage
    Spellstorm Mage
    Wizard of the Spiral Tower
  • Options
    edivonedivon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Those haven't been officially released. I don't specifically have videos listing Paragon path screen shots, and just a little too busy to comb through all of the links to find where I saw them. If somebody does find shots of the PP, do post them here and I promise to add hem to my FAQ. Oh, and some links I have meta-linked are reposed below:
    Spellstorm Mage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0DDwcZ_gF0&t=7m1s
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    THAR SHE BLOWS!

I'll start linking....Done. Keep posting those links!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    from what ive seen, the official d&d paragon paths are not transferred directly into the game, instead they are more adapted to fit the game and the "roles"

for example the fighter options are the guardian which is basically a defensive/tank, the other options being a damage oriented warrior and the third is tactics oriented for control, threat generation etc. (i think its even called tactician)

so i would assume - since 1 wizzard is the "control wizzard", for sure there will be added a "damage" oriented wizzard...the third...dunno, hope for a summoner/shifter
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I still believe they are all based on actual pnp prestige classes.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I still believe they are all based on actual pnp prestige classes.

From what we've seen, yes they are (modded of course to MMO live action.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the blood mage will be half as strong as it is in 4e, i think we'll have a winner. While it was errata-ed like 5 times, it remained a strong choice for wizards (especially for the level 20 daily...)
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I also will be playing a blood mage if the blood mage is decent and implemented in the game