test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Events

raelishraelish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Well as i read the new dev blog for the event system my smile grew as i progressed down the page.

this might actually fix one of my main issues with free games , normally i have a hard time finding a group for certain things due to having a small community whereas other games like wow for instance there are thousands of players ready to do group content . the queue up for instance events sounds good to me. being the fact that it will be on a single server unlike wow and tera the group finder will work great for the community instead of against it. consider this, in games with multiple servers/realms the group finder would group players from various realms together, with it being a single server this is much better for community interaction and guild recruitment if you meet a good player during your experience with the group finder whereas that would be impossible on a multirealm party. thoughts everyone?
Post edited by raelish on

Comments

• deathtoast52deathtoast52 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That actually sounds really good. I've always found events a bit troublesome because everyone would be running around the event instead of questing and grouping. On every other MMO that I've played it seems to be the same but from what I read it sounds like it will take care of this issue. Little things like this is why I'm excited for this game.
    Zander, our Cleric, by some stroke of luck bashed in a goblin's head in a very bloody manner.
    Me: "You evil Cleric! You killed him!"
    Zander: "The goblin was trying to kill you!"
    Me: "You don't know that for sure! That goblin could have had a family, you evil person!"

And from then on he became known as Zanders the Evil Cleric.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    One thing that people can agree on is Cryptic does great events in their games!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raelishraelish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

indeed, from my experiences with cryptics games the events seem well done so far and the explanation of the system for nwo makes it sound great.
  • jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Any chance of this events include a (monthly) guild battle?
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Oh, really? As I have no experience from other Cryptic games, could you give an example, please?
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    alsaroth wrote: »
    Oh, really? As I have no experience from other Cryptic games, could you give an example, please?

Sure, the star trek online Events page would do it best for a mixed selection. Some are solo, some group instance and some (like Academy quests on both factions) have multiple players doing contests.

I personally like the Tour the Universe, a STO Rally event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]