test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NeverWinter 4th Edition

chiguaychiguay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys and gals!

Saw this game at PAX for the first time, decided to drop by. I'm a huge fan of D&D and of action RPGs like Dragon Age so I was stoked to play this at PAX (got back in line three times!). I'm just wondering how many people here are fans of the 4th Edition version of Neverwinter that is being used?

I love it a lot, we got into it at the first Lair Assault that was set in Neverwinter against a tiefling trying to resurrect a primordial (Forge of the Dawn Titan) and then when the Neverwinter book came out we ran through the Encounters scenario and are still milling about, playing politics, I'm trying to get Neverember disgraced and dethroned while looking for a suitable replacement (heir or no). Cleric of Selune here, looking to get the job done :D

What are your experiences with it all?
Post edited by chiguay on

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    chiguay wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals!

Saw this game at PAX for the first time, decided to drop by. I'm a huge fan of D&D and of action RPGs like Dragon Age so I was stoked to play this at PAX (got back in line three times!). I'm just wondering how many people here are fans of the 4th Edition version of Neverwinter that is being used?

I love it a lot, we got into it at the first Lair Assault that was set in Neverwinter against a tiefling trying to resurrect a primordial (Forge of the Dawn Titan) and then when the Neverwinter book came out we ran through the Encounters scenario and are still milling about, playing politics, I'm trying to get Neverember disgraced and dethroned while looking for a suitable replacement (heir or no). Cleric of Selune here, looking to get the job done :D

Well I can speak for a lot of us when I say I'm pretty jealous you got hands on time, can you give us some impressions about the combat and the AI?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey guys and gals!

Yeah, it's influenced by 4e and I like the smoothness of the system potentially, more info on the system can be read about in my FAQ (and if you want to go straight to game-play, my second post starts it there.)

But like the last posted, jealous you got so much play time! We're looking forward to trying it too!

But welcome to Neverwinter, and we're glad you're here, and are not jealously hating you ATM...

(much :p)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Hey guys and gals!

First of all welcome to the community.

I also like loved 4th edition, i think the combat was very well implemented, IMO much better than 3 or 3.5 but thats a diferent discussion :) But i also agree with some 4th haters in some points but like i said ealier its a long discussion which we should have in here :)

I play 4th edition from level 6 to level 26 if im not mistaken, unfortely our party disband duo the lack of time so we stopped before we go fight Orcus the Prince of the Undead :/

Im sad because we didnt tryed neverwinter campaib setting neither :(

About the game, i rly cant wait to put my hand s on it, im hanging arround in foruns for sometime now and every new info/video/interview just make more and more interested i the game.

Hopefully we will get our hand in close beta so we dont need to wait till early 2013 to play the game heheh
  • chiguaychiguay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, it's influenced by 4e and I like the smoothness of the system potentially, more info on the system can be read about in my FAQ (and if you want to go straight to game-play, my second post starts it there.)

But like the last posted, jealous you got so much play time! We're looking forward to trying it too!

But welcome to Neverwinter, and we're glad you're here, and are not jealously hating you ATM...

(much :p)
    Well, the tiefling rogue I played was a LOT like the rogue in Dragon Age 2. Combat was about that quick and I bounced around a lot with an at-will teleport kind of move. the encounter powers had reasonable cooldowns and were really intuitive, some were single target with extra damage and one was like an Okami style slash across part of the screen. One daily was a great "run around and slash everyone near you one after the other" sort of thing. Very ninja feeling.

The wizard I played was a lot like Guild Wars in feeling because you tend to spam Magic Missile but still need to be mobile. I really liked Ray of Frost, it's a channeled spell that slowly ices up the opponent, so if you spend enough time on them then he'll slow and eventually become immobilized. The encounters and dailies were what you'd expect of a frost based control class, close bursts and blasts.

The boss of the dungeon we played through was interesting, a ghost pirate, he had cone type attacks that had markers on the ground that would appear just before the attack went off. If you hit shift at the right time then you'd dodge out of the way of the attack as it was coming. He also had burst attacks and summoned some mobs that you had too deal with. It felt really tactical but also really fast-paced.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for sharing.

Sounds exciting.

Makes me impatient to get my dirty hands on it myself...
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sounds like two ARRRRGHS up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]