test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will people live in east Asia be able to play Neverwinter?

ian20120505ian20120505 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Before Neverwinter forum was transferred into current version, I had no problem logging in. But after the transfer was made, I had to use a proxy to register and log in this forum because PWE has banned IPs from east Asia in where I live.

I also leaned that there was a guy who lived in east Asia and he used a proxy to register a game account in Forsaken World. But he was booted out of the game world 5 seconds after he logged into the game and then his account was banned. Soon he got a notification email said his account has been deleted.

So, could a developer let us know whether Neverwinter will has the same issue or not?
Post edited by ian20120505 on

Comments

• Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Please send in a ticket to support- include your IP in the ticket, and make sure to mark the game as Neverwinter. You may just be on an unfortunately restricted IP range, but you can talk with support and get the specific details there.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    melanderi wrote: »
    Please send in a ticket to support- include your IP in the ticket, and make sure to mark the game as Neverwinter. You may just be on an unfortunately restricted IP range, but you can talk with support and get the specific details there.
    Actually, it seem to be PWE's policy. There is a page in PWE's support center which addresses that.
  • Options
    foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Perfect World Entertainment is the American division of Perfect World which has the above mentioned region ban list. You'd have to check if "Perfect World" ( 完美时空 ) is offering the game for Asia regions. (Likely not announced at this time...)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    melanderi wrote: »
    Oh, sorry melanderi. I didn't notice your title (Cryptic Studios Team) until now. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to send PWE a ticket.

It seems that PWE didn't let Cryptic know they have such a policy when they were trying to acquire Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    foxybat wrote: »
    Perfect World Entertainment is the American division of Perfect World which has the above mentioned region ban list. You'd have to check if "Perfect World" ( 完美时空 ) is offering the game for Asia regions. (Likely not announced at this time...)
    Yeah, maybe PWE want to separate Asian players from European and American players. Howerver, I haven't seen the announcement of a different version of Neverwinter for Asian players.
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    PWE generally only bans areas that already have a different version of the game running or announced.

I have seen tons of people from all over Asia in the FW forums, so they definitely don't ban Asian IPs. They do however from time to time block certain IPs during betas, when it's not yet clear if there will be other publishers involved in certain areas - happened with Raiderz and RH but afaik these IP bans have been lifted to this moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    A ticket had been submitted and the support center responded:
    Hi Support Center,

I live in Taiwan. I saw a page in the Knowledge Base which said Taiwan is in Disabled Region list. (https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635/) Does that mean players in Taiwan won't be able to play Neverwinter when it is lanuched?

Kind Regards,
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

Yes; unfortunately, new users in Taiwan will be unable to register for the upcoming release.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of certain games. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Customer Support
    Cryptic Studios / Perfect World Entertainment
    Hi Support Center,

Thanks for the response. You mentioned that the following are two possible causes for this block. Which one is the reason for Neverwinter?

* regions which have their own localization of certain games
    * some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons

And are you a staff of Cryptic Studios? I mean does Cryptic Studios know that their game Neverwinter won't be available to many east Asia countries?

Kind Regards,
    Ian
    Hello,

Unfortunately, Taiwan has been blocked for administrative reasons. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.

Customer Support
    Cryptic Studios / Perfect World Entertainment

Obviously, regions which are on the block list will not be able to play Neverwinter!

That's unacceptable. I have waited for this game for 7 months. And now the support center says I cannot play?

Also, the staff who responsed didn't reveal he/she is from Cryptic Studios or PWE.

Can we have a Cryptic Studios staff comment on this issue?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    More than likely you will not receive an answer that will satisfy you from a Cryptic Studios/PWE employee. I would be willing to bet that real world politics has something to do with the administrative block. and no employee is going to open that "can of worms". Unfortunately, the politicians that ceated the reason will not care that you find it unacceptable that you cannot play a MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tharartharar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As far as I can tell PWE has some pretty insane lock-down or something on their asian side of things. All I can imagine is some kind of political or race-related-segregation-something going on.

It's pretty bogus all things considered, but your only choice will probably end up being having to VPN into the servers if you really want to play.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @ordensmarschall and @tharar,

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Still no comment from Cryptic staff...

stormshade, could you comment on this?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    When I try to submit a ticket, I get in Chrome:

"This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9am9zaHVhY3I0MiZwX3Bhc3N3ZD0mcF9lbWFpbD10aGUtdHJ1dGhzZWVrZXJAZ214LmNvbSZwX2ZpcnN0X25hbWU9JnBfbGFzdF9uYW1lPSZwX3RpdGxlPWlhbXRydXRoc2Vla2VyJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPXRlc3Rfc2VjcmV0X2tleQ!! has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer."

If I try another browser, it times out (Such as IE getting This Page Cannot Be Displayed." I've disabled my firewall and this still happens ( McAffee Toral Protection Security Center Version 11) Cookies have been cleared out with the same response.

Any suggestions what I should do so I can submit future tickets? Fortunately, my issue was not a regional IP block, and I was able to solve it, but I'm kind of hosed if I ever need to submit a future PW ticket ATM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @iamtruthseeker,

I use Firefox 12 on win7. Maybe you could try Firefox.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ALL of the browsers (including Firefox, which should not be used on a 64-bit OS anyway) do this; this is a known issue and the only option is to email support directly as a reply in another thread has told me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    menancermenancer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can Neverwinter can be played in Philippines?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For the love of (insert your patron deity here), please check your post dates. If the thread you are posting in is over 30 days since it was last posted in, please let it rest in peace and create a new thread or find a more recent active thread. Thanks!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.