test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Dwwwarves!

sicklesickle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello Cryptic really love what u did with this mmo, im so gonna love playing it. But could i request u add a duergar (dark dwarf) class? I really love the dark dwarves would be interesting to have another sub-type of dwarf like the elves.

<3
Post edited by sickle on

Comments

• stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We'll be adding more classes to the game as time goes by. So, while we most likely won't be seeing Duregar at launch, it's possible we may see them later down the line.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • propagandawar23propagandawar23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    Beings drow are way overblown I'd like that.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not to poke anything, but has a decision if we need to pay for additional classes or not been decided?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seikilosseikilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ranger class plox. I'd pay for a ranger class.

Edit: one question, since I'm not familiar with DnD, do rogues use bow? Will they in this game? I found a pic of a 4th edition rogue that has a bow in this site: http://dnd4.com/phb#14 Or at least looks like it O.o
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    seikilos wrote: »
    ...bow?...

you mean crossbow?
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    you mean crossbow?

Idk, in the pic it kinda looked like a bow to me. I'm just asking cause I want a class that uses bow in this game.
    edited May 2012
    seikilos wrote: »
    Idk, in the pic it kinda looked like a bow to me. I'm just asking cause I want a class that uses bow in this game.

If you mean longbow, no.
    Rogue: Striker//
    Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather//
    Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger, hand crossbow, shuriken, sling, short sword

I looked at pic, I think its a crossbow, with sheath of the dagger causing an illusion that it is a longbow.
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Rogues can indeed use bows. Short bows. Great weapon for a rogue!
    Rangers can use any bow, long or short.
    edited May 2012
    If you mean longbow, no.

I looked at pic, I think its a crossbow, with sheath of the dagger causing an illusion that it is a longbow.

Oh ok. Add ranger class then please or make rogues be able to use shortbows.
    edited May 2012
    aescleal wrote: »
    Rogues can indeed use bows. Short bows. Great weapon for a rogue!

Shortbow, like longbow is a military ranged weapon.
    However, if you are elf, you should have proficiency because of race in both the long and shortbows.
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not to poke anything, but has a decision if we need to pay for additional classes or not been decided?

PWE have never made anyone pay for expansions or additional classes, so I doubt they'd start with NW.
    edited May 2012
    PWE have never made anyone pay for expansions or additional classes, so I doubt they'd start with NW.

Regarding additional classes, checkout the game rusty hearts, or more appropriately Champions online. They both have paid classes.
    CO is better comparision as it is also developed by cryptic.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Regarding additional classes, checkout the game rusty hearts, or more appropriately Champions online. They both have paid classes.

Yes they do/did which is why I asked since both PWE and Cryptic have done it before in the past but not in all their games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Rusty Hearts paid for avatars are not classed as characters within the game, they are merely cosmetic skins with no additional stats and use the same weapons as their character (ie. Roselle and Frantz). As for CO, I haven't played it, so I don't know the facts about that one.
    edited May 2012
    Rusty Hearts paid for avatars are not classed as characters within the game, they are merely cosmetic skins with no additional stats and use the same weapons as their character (ie. Roselle and Frantz). As for CO, I haven't played it, so I don't know the facts about that one.

CO has paid classes. But paid classes are not overpowered, they are more or less only provide a different flavor or the way of playing it.

In rusty hearts, the characters are not skins. If you played Meilin chen and tude, you will notice that the timings of both are off. It actually makes a lot of difference in gameplay. Play with gauntlet tude and then gauntlet chen and you will know the difference. Though again, the paid thing doesn't make the character overpowered.

So I think we can expect that the characters even if paid won't be overpowered but just provide a different flavor. But from the talks of devs till now, probably only thing for pay would be consumables and vanity items and not classes/races/campaigns.
    edited May 2012
    CO has paid classes. But paid classes are not overpowered, they are more or less only provide a different flavor or the way of playing it.

In rusty hearts, the characters are not skins. If you played Meilin chen and tude, you will notice that the timings of both are off. It actually makes a lot of difference in gameplay. Play with gauntlet tude and then gauntlet chen and you will know the difference. Though again, the paid thing doesn't make the character overpowered.

So I think we can expect that the characters even if paid won't be overpowered but just provide a different flavor. But from the talks of devs till now, probably only thing for pay would be consumables and vanity items and not classes/races/campaigns.

Like the Cryptic Store STO ships they provide a slight but possibly notable advantage, but not OP or game breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • armathorquebecarmathorquebec Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In the 4 edition dwarf are a very good choice. In Neverwinter I hope dwarves will rock too !!!