test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Freeze lags

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 124 Arc User
So, this have been a while but its starting to get annoying.
Mostly, i can play with no problem at all.
But sometimes when i join a dungeon,random or queue i can get this extreme freeze lags and i have to force quit and restart the game.
This _only_ happends in bossfights.

I dont think its pc related, because this happening more like "now and then" , and as i wrote , only in dungeons bossfights.
Never happend in the open world for an example.
Mostly i can play for hours and hours with no issue.

Any suggestions, or might there be some settings in the launcher/ingame to prevent this?
When this lags happends , a force verify might work but not always.
Sry my bad english, hope i was clear enough.
Greets!

Comments

• Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Are you playing as a Wizard Thatamagurge?
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Are you playing as a Wizard Thatamagurge?

No, i mainly use Paladin and Warlock and this happends on both of them.
  • Options
    Okay, my wizard has been getting stuck in the new module. I doubt it is your pcs fault, if you can play fine its one of their bugs they need to fix.
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Okay, my wizard has been getting stuck in the new module. I doubt it is your pcs fault, if you can play fine its one of their bugs they need to fix.

Yes, i doubt its the pc aswell when it acting just like it does and not happends in other games at all.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User
    edited May 7
    Can you bring up the task manager to monitor your RAM consumption while playing the game?
    I notice the game may have memory leak or some kind of unnecessary swapping.
    I have 2 monitors and I always have a task manager on the side to monitor.
    After playing for a long while, it can go into the stage that it keeps on getting more memory slowly. Then, the system starts to do swapping (higher disk activity).
    It has nothing to do with the dungeon run. It can happen in 'normal' play. However, when the game is more demanding such as the boss fight, it is much more obvious.
    Since I have been monitoring the RAM situation, when it comes to the stage I believe it is the situation, I restart the game.
    By the way, in that situation, exiting the game 'normally' can also take a long time because it may try to get even more RAM aggressively until it starts to release the memory. The game may appear to disappear on the screen but it is 'busy' in the background.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 11

Can you bring up the task manager to monitor your RAM consumption while playing the game?
    I notice the game may have memory leak or some kind of unnecessary swapping.
    I have 2 monitors and I always have a task manager on the side to monitor.
    After playing for a long while, it can go into the stage that it keeps on getting more memory slowly. Then, the system starts to do swapping (higher disk activity).
    It has nothing to do with the dungeon run. It can happen in 'normal' play. However, when the game is more demanding such as the boss fight, it is much more obvious.
    Since I have been monitoring the RAM situation, when it comes to the stage I believe it is the situation, I restart the game.
    By the way, in that situation, exiting the game 'normally' can also take a long time because it may try to get even more RAM aggressively until it starts to release the memory. The game may appear to disappear on the screen but it is 'busy' in the background.

Yes, RAM is ok, never gets over 39% and seems not to have any problems there.
    This issue i have, seems to be very random and i think always in the start of my game session.
    Can i play a hour and a dungeon or two and if the freezes dont happend, it most likely wont happend at all for the entire game session.
    Post edited by crusthelvete on
  • Options
    Hey plasticbat doesn't two monitors slow it down. And do they have be like the same monitor or could you use an older one for the taskmaster?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User
    edited May 12
    jana#2651 said:

Hey plasticbat doesn't two monitors slow it down. And do they have be like the same monitor or could you use an older one for the taskmaster?

1. No. It does not slow down because of 2 monitors. It could be slow down because of all the stuff I could be running at the same time. For me, the game is slow down mostly because of the memory leak issue I described.
    2. They are currently identical monitors but that does not matter. I used to have different monitors. I have been using dual monitors for over a decade with different generation of PC set up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User

But sometimes when i join a dungeon,random or queue i can get this extreme freeze lags and i have to force quit and restart the game.

I dont think its pc related, because this happening more like "now and then" , and as i wrote , only in dungeons bossfights.

Any suggestions, or might there be some settings in the launcher/ingame to prevent this?
    Greets!

This is widely experienced by a lot of us, (PC) here! Yes, atm mostly at last boss mTIC cause we are getting wiped due to lag/rubberbanding. There are a few "fixes" that I am able to lessen the lag:

1) Hide the event HUD in game, under your mini map.
    2) Play in window mode, via option at game "PLAY" screen.
    3) In game use command /unlit 1 at boss fight to lessen the environmental effects but leave the mechs effect.
    4) Lowered all your graphics slide bars to lowest.
    5) Make sure NW is in a drive that has lots of memories.
    6) End tasks all unnecessary programs (yes every programs).

Hope any/all of these help. Weirdly I don't get lag on my CW in mTIC much, but when I am on my Paladin heal, it lag so bad I thought I was out of the boss aoes but get pulled right back in due to rubberbanding and the group wiped.
  • Options
    edited May 14
    nic1985 said:

Greets!

This is widely experienced by a lot of us, (PC) here! Yes, atm mostly at last boss mTIC cause we are getting wiped due to lag/rubberbanding. There are a few "fixes" that I am able to lessen the lag:

1) Hide the event HUD in game, under your mini map.
    2) Play in window mode, via option at game "PLAY" screen.
    3) In game use command /unlit 1 at boss fight to lessen the environmental effects but leave the mechs effect.
    4) Lowered all your graphics slide bars to lowest.
    5) Make sure NW is in a drive that has lots of memories.
    6) End tasks all unnecessary programs (yes every programs).

Hope any/all of these help. Weirdly I don't get lag on my CW in mTIC much, but when I am on my Paladin heal, it lag so bad I thought I was out of the boss aoes but get pulled right back in due to rubberbanding and the group wiped.
    Yes, after ive been speaking about it ingame/forum and so on i see that is many having this issue.
    Also, on my paladin (tank) i experience much more issues than my warlock.. maybe the last big
    changes messed something up, not sure i had this issue before the changes.

I'll check on these fixes and see if it something helps.
    Thanks!