test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fed up Whisperknife who loves this game still(dev feedback).

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
edited October 2023 in The Thieves' Den
TL:DR - Whisperknife is mostly ranged(yes it can do aoe), stop treating it like the assassin class with it's gear. Seeing ranged classes like warlock have gloves(enchanted bregan d'aerthe caster mitts) that give their ranged attacks a chance to deal 300 mag dmg while a WK gets more(not needed always in the red) chance to increase power by 400 the same as an elixir would.... deflating to see. Do those gloves trigger faster than my Impact Shot encounter cooldown?, meaning i have to wait 9ish seconds to cast it while other ranged classes get the equivalent dmg a few times from basic at-will spamming making my Impact shot useless?. Ranged ranger got something similar too last mod to help with ranged... well WK is ranged too you know

So this is feedback for the NW team(sorry it's not well written but Im just writing frustratingly because i love this game but hate aspects for my class that i feel it will be overlooked as will this post), i've heard the nonsense from a couple people on youtube threads and they talk rubbish, so i hope this gets back to the dev team as i don't care what the players have to say on this subject because i will not agree with you.

So Im a long term WK player, it's my only toon, Im good with it, so i don't need to "getgood" as they always say before adding the WK is in a perfect state and needs no work at all and i just need a better build... yet no one plays WK, yet they are so great right?... okay... makes sense

So final straw today. After a few months off i came back a couple weeks back, i do a dungeon run, i play really well, highest kills etc. On the score board i notice Im third place, top place is a lvl 90k, okay makes sense and its a wizard, cool adds up(they needed that boost after all and i support that100%), notice warlock in second, 10k lower lvl than me... but i saw them play, i done much more damage and played far better yet their damage was astronomically higher than mine!, and i know it was because of those gloves only that helped all ranged classes except WK, because we are treated as the assassin class. So i inspect their gear and what the hell is this, a pair of arms that has a 20% chance to do 300 mag dmg with range attacks!, i thought wtf!, Im ranged too... seriously, so as a range WK i got 40 mag shuriken toss against that!. I thought well i will get those aswell that'll help my ranged attacks, turns out WK cant wear them, what do WK get... power, more bloody power... we all cap power!, it's the easiest to cap, we don't need more power, i can just drink an elixir and boop, more power. Always more power, the easiest always in the red stat.

Well WK is ranged, why can't WK have something like that, Im sure the Ranger got something similar too and i was gutted again i couldn't get them as im a ranged WK. I know Assassins are in a great spot and usually at the top with wizards, but WK are not the same, we are ranged, give us some gear that helps us. Sick of seeing "gain 400 power but loose it when you get hit", whilst as a weak ranged something like those warlock gloves would make a huge difference to WK as it has all ranged attacks!. Assassins i agree are fine, so give us are own paragon gear so as a WK it's not treated the same as the comfortable assassin and gets the same help as the ranger and warlock. So so disappointing to lose to less skilled players who are lower level due to better gear.

The reason i am writing this for the devs and not the players is because the players in this case talk rubbish. Telling me WK and one of the most powerful in the game, everyone runs WK, WK needs no work... absolute bs. As mentioned above, if those gloves trigger faster than i can use Impact shot, an encounter power, then how the hell do i make shuriken (40mag) match that huh. Or do i have to wait my turn with impact shot. if those gloves trigger 3 times or more in 9 seconds, then Im not even going to try anymore in dungeons, no point. Please give WK something fun and useful like that, we are not all assassin class players. i forgot the name of them but a mod back or 2 ranger got something similar.

Post edited by nibs#8955 on

Comments

• Options
    flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    On one hand I get that there is not alot of range gear for rogue aka WK. I also get that there is gear out there thats favourable to mages/warlocks like the ADOM chest. I will always be supportive of better rogue gear for WK rather then rogue gear thats either junk or more assassin oriented. Also, i support shirken toss getting a buff, in damage and speed. Dishearting Stirke can use another bump as well (but thanks for finally bumping it at all). That is about all we agree on.

1. One pair of gloves will not make that big a difference.
    2. WK is at the top of the aoe class if you choose to play it using overblown buff skills (not my preference), unclear if any patch has nerfed it yet. But for purposes of this discussion lets just assume we both dont like to play that way, so we will focus on what matters. Simply pointing out if someone telling you its that powerful they are not lying.
    3. Why are you using impact shot at all? Make me question the rest of your build. It can be used as a third encounter in ST if you really want but mehhh. (note i do know it got a buff and havent used it since then, but never liked the skill at all)
    4. Without knowing the rest of your build I cant really say much else other then I am a WK since beginning of the game, play nothing else, and can dps fine in ST build (hybrid since i use blitz for third encounter) up to the latest dungeon (havent run master yet).

NOTE. not looking to have a big argument, simply trying to be helpful as I would love to see more WK's that dont abuse shadow op, and smoke bomb (play it as its meant to be). I get your point and agree with the basis, just not the follow through. The gloves are not the be all and end all. Would be nice if there was different gear for WK and assassin that magnifies the uniqueness of each class. But saying that I suggest re-evaluating your encounters and feats before blaming the gloves.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    I just wondered how can you play a wizard and have whisper knife? My youngest toon is a rogue drow who is trying to make whisper knife who picked path but the trainer won't talk to her and support won't or can't help (either way its annoying) but my wizard doesn't have a knife only an orb and a talisman. Id love to ditch the talisman and get a knife how do you do it?