test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What did you do to the wizard?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
You really nerfed it. When I first started the Wiz was kind of weak, then you made it a lot better. If it wasn't for Aragon-since the developers don't seem to deliver any relevant information I would not have known what was wrong. I have to compensate by getting as many buffs at a time as I can get-critical strike potion-prime rib-and ardent wild elixir. I bought five today and never received them, I am going to open a support ticket when I am done here-but I don't think support has really helped ever. They answer a week later and say something asinine like you have that many in your inventory-which I bought after the ticket. Cryptic should have announced they were going to weaken the wizard so dramatically and I expect support to do something about items I don't receive way to frequently. There seems to be a lot of unhappy people here lately-maybe its time you responded.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Don't expect answers. They can't be bothered.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 23
    jana#2651 said:

There seems to be a lot of unhappy people here lately-maybe its time you responded.

It is not "a lot of" unhappy people here lately.
    It is no people here lately.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Oh I hope this game doesn't end, I love it. When a game requires money I just think they have a responsibility to make right. The three of us are still here.
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Oh I hope this game doesn't end, I love it. When a game requires money I just think they have a responsibility to make right. The three of us are still here.

But I have not paid any money.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I feel kind of bad because I main a wizard and didn't see a very big change. Maybe my build is different then the meta I suppose. I do mostly solo stuff but run the higher end stuff now and then. I don't use the Hex mount power thing that I think many people were that caused the nerf so maybe that's why I didn't notice?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    The arcane singularity is what I noticed it on the most, I have to check what I am running in my mounts. I can barely do the "Dirty Deceit" in Wild Space now and it wasn't such a grind before. I really don't get the point of doing stuff like that because when we play together we all play as a team. Except for pvp which no one plays as far as I can tell. Hey plasticbat how did you get so many characters if you haven't paid any money. You don't have VIP with 50 Characters?
  • Options
    edited March 28
    jana#2651 said:

The arcane singularity is what I noticed it on the most, I have to check what I am running in my mounts. I can barely do the "Dirty Deceit" in Wild Space now and it wasn't such a grind before. I really don't get the point of doing stuff like that because when we play together we all play as a team. Except for pvp which no one plays as far as I can tell. Hey plasticbat how did you get so many characters if you haven't paid any money. You don't have VIP with 50 Characters?

1. VIP is not per character. It is per account. I have one account with many characters. Yes, the account has VIP. I have had continuous VIP since this game introduced VIP.
    2. I currently have 36 character slots. I use 29 character slots and only play 9 characters for real.
    3. I play the game and earn everything including Zen (through Zen exchange and wait). I don't know how much AD I have currently. It is stored in different characters and shared bank account. I have 58K Zen. 40 days worth of rough AD to be refined, 240 days of VIP, over 1000 lockbox keys (I don't like opening lockbox).
    4. I don't waste resource for flashy stuff. I more or less only invest on the stuff that has long term benefit. I am a hoarder who hoard everything.
    5. The more character you play, the easier to gather 'wealth' that includes AD, material, etc. Shorter learning curve, more efficient to gather resource.
    6. invocation is important. It is where the free c-mote comes from. At this moment, I have over 100 account bound c-mote.
    7. No, I did not spend any money since day 1. Zero seed money.
    8. When I started to play this game, my original goal/challenge was not about playing my character good. My original goal/challenge was to craft a sustainable game plan to prove I can play this game without spending any money.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    I wish I had 1000 lockbox keys. I played for over a year without spending money but when they gave free vip around christmas or the new year a couple of years ago I hated to go back without the vip perks, so I haven't. They have good sales on it a lot. I love opening lockboxes. Ive spent money on bank slots too because thats a one time purchase. I tried to put ads on the exchange for zen and I made it as cheap as they allowed and never got a bite. What a good idea to use all those characters. You will go down in Neverwinter history for having 29 characters and using a d s to trade for zen, what a lot of discipline that takes. Kudos to you plasticbat.
  • Options
    edited March 29
    jana#2651 said:

I wish I had 1000 lockbox keys. I played for over a year without spending money but when they gave free vip around christmas or the new year a couple of years ago I hated to go back without the vip perks, so I haven't. They have good sales on it a lot. I love opening lockboxes. Ive spent money on bank slots too because thats a one time purchase. I tried to put ads on the exchange for zen and I made it as cheap as they allowed and never got a bite. What a good idea to use all those characters. You will go down in Neverwinter history for having 29 characters and using a d s to trade for zen, what a lot of discipline that takes. Kudos to you plasticbat.

If you want to buy Zen, you MUST set to the max and that is 750 AD per Zen.
    If you set the price lower than that, you will never be able to buy any Zen. The system will not allow it unless the current 45.8 million Zen at 750 backlog is cleared and in the meanwhile nobody add any to it. That means it will never happen.

By the way, I am not the only one. Many are doing the same thing.
  • Options
    Thank you for the ideas anyway even if you aren't the only one doing it!
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 31
    Buying zen through the exchange is a system for the very patient...

When you place your offer to buy zen at 750 AD each, you join the back of a very long queue... as plasticbat said, 48.8 million zen.

You get closer to the front
    • if a player sells zen for AD. They get the 750AD each and the player at the front of the queue gets the zen. Their offer can be partially fulfilled... so they can remain at the front until more zen is sold, until their offer is fully satisfied.
    • if a player ahead of you in the queue withdraws their order. They might do this to get the AD back, but they lose that place in the queue.
    There's a forum thread that tracks the progress of the queue (link to recent posts) and you can see that it takes almost 10 months from placing an order to getting some zen. Many people have the maximum of 5 offers of 5000 zen each... (is that per character or per account?)

So, does that mean the zen exchange contains the offers of at least 48800000 / (5*5000) players? That would be 1952 players with the maximum offer, or more players with smaller offers... doesn't sound a huge number...
  • Options
    Thanks mintmark that is more patience than I have. I tried it with no luck when I was first playing because I wanted an enchanted key so badly. VIP isn't that expensive on sale and I just get my daily key from there now unless they have a great sale on them. I love opening 50 lockboxes at once. Its better than a sale at Macy's! I just make sure they are good lockboxes not all of them are that great.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

There seems to be a lot of unhappy people here lately-maybe its time you responded.

I wonder if the people who are in charge are wondering why there is so little player loyalty or new people willing to stick with the game for more than a couple of weeks/months? Spending the time and effort to build an effective character only to have the character nerfed or content altered to make opponents so much more devastating without the commensurate increase in player ability (without another seemingly endless grind to increase character abilities) is probably one of the top reasons veteran players give up on the game and new players don’t stay.
  • Options
    I so agree childion. I want to find that app you can download that will tell you if you are doing the damage you are suppose to be doing. I sure wish they would come up with some new companions-there isn't one right now I am crazy about.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

I so agree childion. I want to find that app you can download that will tell you if you are doing the damage you are suppose to be doing. I sure wish they would come up with some new companions-there isn't one right now I am crazy about.

When the newest mod came out I switched to the Intellect Devourer for its stun capability, but when I went back to the Demonweb Pits mod I found myself switching back to the Vicious Dire Wolf (I have it account-wide from an early pack). There are two reasons:

1. The Intellect Devourer WILL NOT let you maintain combat advantage on a boss. It will always circle around to be at your side.
    2. Outdoors, the Intellect Devourer is incredibly stupid despite that it allegedly eats intellects. It backs away from enemies to such a huge degree that it inevitably aggros other groups of enemies onto you. I've come to absolutely hate it.

I'm one of those veteran players who is in the process of giving up. For me it's a case of burnout -- endless ten-week campaigns with no provision for alts. After nine years I've handed guild leadership to someone else. In two weeks I finish Demonweb Pits on my last two alts. Once I've done that and upgraded my enchantments to Celestial, I'm done.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 15
    All companions AI could use some serious work... Some companions have major agro and will jump into mobs before they should, no companion can be directed as to what to attack or when and as mentioned combat advantage is something that seems to only happen by accident instead of intent.
    DD~
  • Options
    Thats funny, hustin1, I have had a few companions that had that effect on me, when I was using the Blaspheme Assassin when she was still a big deal. She started fighting with the dwarves in the Tomb of the 9 Gods, you know the ones near the end that wont do anything if you leave them alone. Or the Deathsaalad -however you spell it-he always got in my way. The Zhentarian Wizard always stood on the red circles that allow the monsters in wild space to keep growing back. I use my Allisaurus or Wearever Rat now, at least they don't bug me. I have the BlackScorpion but I think he is wildly over rated.