test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't get to Hati

Hi there,

I have done Fangbreaker Island several times but I have never been able to have a go at battling Hati because I die every time I even try to get to it. I've tried watching how others do it, I've tried jumping, I've tried waiting to see if a spot comes up. Nothing I do works yet all my other teammates seem to have no problems. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. I've tried asking in type chat but have not had a response and I can't use voice chat. I just had a look at a Youtube video but it was just a video of someone's run and I couldn't make out how they got down. I have no problems with the rest of the dungeon!

This problem is really starting to make me dread doing FBI. Everytime I do an rdq it always seems to be FBI that comes up. I'm amazed no-one's kicked me yet but I want to start hosting my own. How's it going to look if the host dies trying to get to the first boss? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    edited January 24
    Where and when did you get killed? During the battle? Beginning of the battle? Middle of the battle? Did you see red on the ground? Did you hide under the rock at the right time? What is your class?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kallikendra#5126 kallikendra Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I don't get that far. I wait with my group to start the battle, make the first jump ok but when I try to get down to join in the battle, that's when I die. EVERY time.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    edited January 24

I don't get that far. I wait with my group to start the battle, make the first jump ok but when I try to get down to join in the battle, that's when I die. EVERY time.

Never experienced that. I don't recall it needs any "trick" to get in. What is your class? What is your HP?
    Did you get kill because of the fall? I don't think so but ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Presuming you have safely jumped down to the safe area and are hiding with the rest of your group to avoid damage from the avalanche that starts the battle, you need to jump up not down.

I have trouble with that as well when I make the mistake of jumping down instead of just letting my unmounted toon slowly walk and fall down. Also, have to jump back up onto platform before Hati shows up as his arrival is usually at the point where the group was hiding and if you are still there you will be knocked away into the instant death area.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    Sounds like hiding in the niche off to the side to avoid the avalanche.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited January 25
    There are two places to hide from the initial avalanche. The traditional place is to group-up under the rock in the middle, but the avalanche always blows you back and does bad damage to you, so if you die here every time, it is either your defense is too low to withstand the blast, or you need to focus on stopping yourself from being pushed off the cliff on the other side by moving against the direction of the blast as it happens. Sometimes you can use the Paladin Sigil to give you extra defense for the blast. The other place to avoid the blast is right across the other side of the area from where you jump down into it and the bonus here is you do not get any pushback either. But there is a trick to it. You run to the other side and jump down off the edge but do not move more than a few feet down or you will die, you need to stay extremely close to the edge, everyone can fit there. You can even jump up on the mini ledge between where you jump down and the edge itself, the blast will not hit you there. To avoid the boss landing over the edge, everyone needs to jump up back to the level ground the moment the blast animation happens, or he will follow you down there and you have to hit him from the edge for a bit which is annoying.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    And when the boss arena opens up after the boss cutscene, at the extreme beginning, if that is where you're having the issue, you just jump down off the ledge and then go hide while you wait for the avalanche. Just don't go to the left and fall off the edge.
  • Options
    AH! So there's an avalanche? That must be it. I always get killed just as I'm looking for a way down so it must be the avalanche that does it. Thanks Rockster! That makes sense. I'll try your advice and see how I get on. :)
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Using the Guild food you can buy really increases your hit points critical strike etc. I have to go to an alliance to buy it because ours isn't high enough yet (I don't think havent checked recently actually) The prime rib and Tuna are really good. They at least ten minutes. And the highest critical strike or power potions last like 30minutes-if they are in your potion tray they will show them available way quicker then you need them so use them from your inventory. I use to kind of hate FBI myself but I can even survive the giant at the end now-you will get there.
  • Options

AH! So there's an avalanche? That must be it. I always get killed just as I'm looking for a way down so it must be the avalanche that does it. Thanks Rockster! That makes sense. I'll try your advice and see how I get on. :)

Yup the avalanche happens a few times, not just at the start. So it happens right at the start before the boss appears, think of it like he's making his big entrance. Pause - avalanche (so run and hide as soon as you get in during that initial pause) - then he plonks down into the arena and you start hitting him, then he disappears again and there's another pause, go hide again, it can happen 3 or 4 times and each time you need to go hide. Either of two things can happen when he disappears. 1. He disappears but a red spot shows on the ground within a few seconds which show where he will come back, or 2. he disappears and nothing appears on the ground after a few seconds, so run and hide because an avalanche is coming.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    @kallikendra The way down is just over the edge, you just fall over the edge, there is no pathway, just jump off the edge and float down.
  • Options
    @rockster#6227 Thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Temp points from Paladin always help with avalanches :)

The other place to avoid the blast is right across the other side of the area from where you jump down into it and the bonus here is you do not get any pushback either. But there is a trick to it. You run to the other side and jump down off the edge but do not move more than a few feet down or you will die, you need to stay extremely close to the edge, everyone can fit there. You can even jump up on the mini ledge between where you jump down and the edge itself, the blast will not hit you there. To avoid the boss landing over the edge, everyone needs to jump up back to the level ground the moment the blast animation happens, or he will follow you down there and you have to hit him from the edge for a bit which is annoying.

or this. But prob is sometimes comps can't get from there fast enough and boss may stuck there with them. Go as far from him as you can to lure him out of there.