test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why aren't all artifacts the same item level?

All artifacts used to be the same item level in the past. I stopped playing for 4 years, came back and now I see artifacts with 600il, 1200il and 1500il. So just wondering why the old artifacts haven't been upgraded to 1200il or 1500il?

None of the 1500il artifacts have stats I want, so see no reason to switch to them. Other than for artifact sets. There are 1200il artifacts with stats I want, but for me, it's unobtainable atm. Gotta farm dragon hunts for 1 of them.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Different time, different era, different artifact.
    If they are the 'same', there will be nothing for people to 'chase'.
    If you think different item level is annoying, you will find different requirement to upgrade them to be much more painful.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User

If you think different item level is annoying, you will find different requirement to upgrade them to be much more painful.

So how do you chase something that isn't there? Like the rod of pain. Apparently it was only in the zen store for a limited time . What is there for me to chase, if all the new artifacts have bad stats or stats a healer doesn't need. I need power, crit, crit sev. I have the draconic essence tho. Got in a random dungeon. It has 2 of the stats I want. There's bue dragon's mark, with crit n crit sev. Dragonbone blades are from an old Lockbox, So unobtainable unless you buy from another player. Not gonna do that.

I'm good on artifacts actually. Got draconic essence. Will farm dragons for blue dragons artifact. And I use halasters blast scepter as main or frozen journal. And spelljammer for the set bonus. So really, there's nothing else for me to chase. Tho if older artifacts were upgraded, I'd have better choice for managing my stats.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited January 20
    lordmanik said:

So how do you chase something that isn't there? Like the rod of pain. Apparently it was only in the zen store for a limited time . What is there for me to chase, if all the new artifacts have bad stats or stats a healer doesn't need. I need power, crit, crit sev. I have the draconic essence tho. Got in a random dungeon. It has 2 of the stats I want. There's bue dragon's mark, with crit n crit sev. Dragonbone blades are from an old Lockbox, So unobtainable unless you buy from another player. Not gonna do that.

I'm good on artifacts actually. Got draconic essence. Will farm dragons for blue dragons artifact. And I use halasters blast scepter as main or frozen journal. And spelljammer for the set bonus. So really, there's nothing else for me to chase. Tho if older artifacts were upgraded, I'd have better choice for managing my stats.
    People chase the latest and they are 1500 item level bunches. The current 1500 bunches may not have the stat you want right now. Eventually, there will be more. 1200 will be obsolete. Most people (who have been playing) do not need power or crit because they already cap them through other means.

This one also has 2 stat you want.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 21

This one also has 2 stat you want.

Yeah. But I haven't seen anyone hosting master relinquary since I came back. People say it's too hard. I wasn't around when it came out. Also it has accuracy. So still not good for me. The third stat has to be a defensive stat for me to want it.

I would rather keep my old outdated ones tho. I'm not an IL chaser. So won't go for anything that has stats I don't need. Also I'm not a dps or tank. Only play a healer. So I only need power, crit, crit sev, forte and maybe a bit of defensive stats. Don't think artifacts have outgoing healing.

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I suspect we will see a 1800 level artifact this year sometime. (Assuming we're still here.)
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts