test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For the collectors - unbind chult rings

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
It would be really nice if you can unbind old rings from chult for example. So you can sell them and people can get their collections done.
When something is very old - like the rings in chult it would give people again a reason to farm for those rings unbind and sell them.

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    And allow some things to drop again... like the underdark rings from demogorgon and castle never.
    And allow variations of things to fill in the collection entry... like the legendary appearance items from dungeons, or the +1 crafted items from masterwork, and the account wide versions of legendary mounts.

Should everything in collections be obtainable?
    Should things be removed from collections if they are unobtainable?
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    What about really old players who are right into collections and have worked hard to complete them in the past, should they have things removed from their collections today just because new players can't get it anymore? Should they see their own collections shrink because of that? Is that fair on them? I personally don't care much about collections, they don't give me any usable stats, but speaking for those older players who do care and are into collection points and imagining how they might feel if suddenly all their hard-won collections points went missing.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    That did happen... when they reworked the companions all my companion collection info got wiped. I was not amused!

So no, I wasn't suggesting that they should do that... but I do wish there was some consistency in what collections are for...
    At the moment it's full of inconsistencies...

For example... what happened with the first battle pass in the redeemed citadel. They put Zariel in the collections, which was the prize item that only 100 players could get. And the common version for everyone else (was it Sodariel?) was not in collections. Then a while later legendary Zariel was in a lockbox (I don't know if that one counts for collections) and the exclusivity of Zariel was reduced... so they introduced Golden Zariel and gave it to the 100 players... and put it in collections!

So now there are two holes in collections that are difficult or impossible to fill, and a common companion that doesn't count at all.
    The situation was confused a little more when they rearranged collections and created the "special" tab... so maybe collectors can ignore those items.

I don't know... the collections don't really fulfil any purpose I could think of...
    • Are they a historical record of things that were available?
    • Are they documentation of what is available and how it works?
    • Are they a mini game that you can try and complete?
    I know the points don't mean anything... but it's something to do and something that gives a little indication of some progress.

• Options
    reggieros#7816 reggieros Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @onlymat said:
    > It would be really nice if you can unbind old rings from chult for example. So you can sell them and people can get their collections done.
    > When something is very old - like the rings in chult it would give people again a reason to farm for those rings unbind and sell them.

Absolutely agree! Unbinding old objects, such as rings in Chult, would bring new vitality to the game. Allowing players to complete collections and trade or sell these items makes farming more rewarding.Absolutely agree! Unbinding old objects, such as rings in Chult, would bring new vitality to the game. Allowing players to complete collections and trade or sell these items makes farming more rewarding.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    I knew that someday some items will stop to drop, so i have various toons only for storing those items, like full collection of +4 and +3 underdark rings (glad they are BtA), and almost full collection of +5 ones (i think +1 and +2 are unbound and can be bought @ AH). Putting them for sale @ respective vendor in each of those maps will be great, for collection sake.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    onlymat said:

It would be really nice if you can unbind old rings from chult for example. So you can sell them and people can get their collections done.
    When something is very old - like the rings in chult it would give people again a reason to farm for those rings unbind and sell them.

Initially I was jazzed when Neverwinter announced they would be introducing "unbind" tokens then after the introduction the reality set in. Those unbind tokens were only for a few specific things and absolutely worthless for others. Of course I have always been of the opinion that way too many things wind up being bound (specifically to character) in the first place. How convenient would it be for a player to pass down gear, bags, etc. to a newly created character from a more advanced character of the same class on the same account... or for that matter to be able to sell gear and equipment on the auction house after a player's character out grows it in addition to being able to give away or sell items on the auction house, as was mentioned items no longer being available from quests/drops, if a player has no use for those items.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I agree they should allow many more things to become unbound, but I believe the reason they do things like this is to force players to play more. They want a player to have to grind through all the content all over again to get the same item rather than just swap things over. Rather than say 'you did the content, congrats, you can have the rewards on your account', it's 'you did the content but only on that one character, you only get rewarded there, if you want it on other characters you have to do it all over again'. Same with selling gear, they would see selling something to another player as that player not having to do the content and in their eyes it's playtime lost which equates to potential income I guess. They micromanage things way too much, including time-gating content to artificially force players to log in more often or spend a certain amount of their life completing something when it could be done much faster if the player chose to spend the effort on it. I've never been a fan of the micromanaging of players and the way they play the game because the strength this game has always had is that you can play it in lots of different ways and customize your experience. But it is what it is, they want to control players and how much they play, and binding items to one character is one of those ways.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Yes, but then doing the content on alts doesn't always pay out the same way. "Oh, your first character through got 100k AD. Here's 10 gold. Have a nice day."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Probably true, but then again it does seem to help in keeping some areas populated with players even if it is for only a short time I believe it does help others to complete the campaign content.

I have ten toons and usually put them all through the same area at about the same time. Sometimes my "wrkshpxtra" toon and bard get left behind for a while though but I eventually get them through it as well.