test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a way to "tone down" the Blaspheme Assassin companion?

I'm in Narbondellyn adventuring with my Blaspheme Assassin companion and I go into some of the rooms or areas where there are multiple groups and normally I can take them out one group at a time. Blaspheme Assassin is just all over the place and out of my control - will regularly and randomly go out and aggro every group in the area I'm adventuring in. My companion should be my companion and not go out on their own and start fights I'm not interested in engaging in, right?

Now, I've seen other games (not Neverwinter) where I'm able to tell my companion to go over and pull an NPC or group and bring them to where I want to fight, but companions shouldn't be making those decisions without my input or leadership... I wind up fighting multiple groups and more opponents than I can handle at a time.

Is there anything that can be done about that, or is that just the nature of this companion and I just need to go back to my Abyssal Chicken?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    That's the general nature of rogue companions. Xuna is the same way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    She's a very angry lass. Best to stay out of her way. :p
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea, it's best not to try and change her because she might be handy in some situations with that behavior, so ur better just moving to another comp if you don't like they way she acts around mobs. All comps are hard-wired to behave the way they do and you can't customize them, so the only way to change them is if the Devs recode them. If they did that she would lose that ability permanently.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    ...and Lolth only knows what else they would break in the process.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.