test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great time cutting Wildspace instance limit

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
The instance limit soft cap was cut from 20 to 10. Hard cap from 25 to 15.
That means most instance are having hard time to form a group to do BHE (or even just HE) because people could spread in different planets doing different things.
It is also the "best timing" when the battle pass wants Major HE.
That also means a lot more instances are created in the system.
I am not aware we had a problem in Wildspace and need to adjust the instance cap.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    Maybe this is their workaround for the LAG / rubber banding issue ? Will it work - lets see......
  • Options
    pelgrax said:

Maybe this is their workaround for the LAG / rubber banding issue ? Will it work - lets see......

I think that causes the lag.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    My guess is they broke how they calculate the invasion meter. Hopefully they fix it soon, because even with the cap lowered it's unplayable.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    From Facebook:

There is an issue causing latency in the Wildspace adventure zone and landing sites. We have temporarily reduced the max # of players on Wildspace servers to help.
    A near-future patch will be deployed to address this issue and restore Wildspace to its default player limits.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    midilamidila Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This is down right silly. You are trying to get people to not play the new mod?? The only way an instance can get anything major done is everyone has to do just one thing at a time. Which is really stupid. Doubling the number of instances and halving the number in each instance is supposed to reduce lag? Well it isn't working. More people than ever are saying the lag is bad.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    midila said:

This is down right silly. You are trying to get people to not play the new mod?? The only way an instance can get anything major done is everyone has to do just one thing at a time. Which is really stupid. Doubling the number of instances and halving the number in each instance is supposed to reduce lag? Well it isn't working. More people than ever are saying the lag is bad.

I don't understand what you are saying. Ten players is more than enough to kill the commanders on the Invasions and on the Major HE as well. Even with the bad lag I did both yesterday a few times.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    midila said:

If you consider what you are experiencing is bad, it was worse before they lower the limit. Yes, it sucks. That was the reason I created this thread. So, I take that it did "reduce" the lag. It just does not reduce the lag enough. From not playable to barely playable.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    edited December 2023

midila said:

I don't understand what you are saying. Ten players is more than enough to kill the commanders on the Invasions and on the Major HE as well. Even with the bad lag I did both yesterday a few times.
    Yes, 10 is enough but that issue is: not everyone in the same instance would go to the same place. Most of the time, they don't. For example, the 3 BHE I did today had 5 to 6 players after waiting for a long while. With lagging and irresponsive power, I died many times (can't escape the bombs or I escaped it and still got killed way outside of the red circle).
    Yes, there were a few good 'trains' but 15 is the limit. Not everyone could be lucky to get into the good "trains".