test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag and rubberbanding in Wildspace

tander#8158 tander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Since todays patch this zone is unplayable. Seems to be just this zone, in chat others are reporting the same

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    yeah tried the invasion to see the new boss . With the amount of LAG and rubber banding it was BRUTAL to say the least .
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    The new boss makes sure you are aware of his world moving power.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I can report that the rubber banding is happening everywhere now. Perhaps they have changed their allotted bandwidth so save money? But it's bad everywhere.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    sylk#8605 sylk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Laggy in Wildspace. It was fine before the patch this morning.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    "There is an issue causing latency in the Wildspace adventure zone and landing sites. We have temporarily reduced the max # of players on Wildspace servers to help.
    A near-future patch will be deployed to address this issue and restore Wildspace to its default player limits."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    The lag was so bad just a bit a go I misjudged something and leapt over a railing and instead of falling to my death I'd fall and then stop and go back up and back and forth for ages. I had to do a defeat me to get back into the game.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I never experienced ANY lag before anywhere there in that module, it was always perfect. I hope they're not listening to the wrong people.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Seems that the lag is being investigated, and they reduced temporally the number in the instances to mitigate that lag.

So they will restore the number of players per instance once they fix the issue
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

I never experienced ANY lag before anywhere there in that module, it was always perfect. I hope they're not listening to the wrong people.

They did something in that patch and that caused significant lag for whatever reason. For temporary measure, they lower the population cap of wildspace instance. That might ease that 'significant lag' but even that, there is still lag comparing with before the patch. I have not seen rubberband in the zone yet but I noticed the respond time is slower such as damage number pops up timing and power execution timing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    We were experiencing some slight lag in Adom yesterday, I set-off my daily Arcane Sing and there was like a 3 second delay before the animation went off and a few other times it was laggy like that but not as extreme. I wonder what they've done.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.