test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incredibly poor drop rates

deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
I thought that you guys said " Named" enemies drop rings, I have killed like 50 named and have yet to have a ring drop, what gives? Also Invasion is almost as bad , did like 50 Invasions as well and had one armor piece drop, and it wasn't even for my class, this drop rate really sucks, please amp it up a bit! BHE and HE not any better.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    I have quite a few rings and armor. In fact, I have too much filling up the inventory slot and they are not exactly great. They are dropped on the floor and sometime they are not that visible until you get close. With all the hit numbers, mob, players flying all over the screen during the fight, you might not notice. I have a few times to spot the left over after I came back to the same spot. Is your character a range fighter? If yes, that could be the case.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    So are these rings dropping from "Named" mini boss, or from HE's? I have gotten some drops from HE's rarely, but have yet to see anything from the "named" mini boss's. And it isn't that I don't see them drop as I solo them.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    deanski07 said:

So are these rings dropping from "Named" mini boss, or from HE's? I have gotten some drops from HE's rarely, but have yet to see anything from the "named" mini boss's. And it isn't that I don't see them drop as I solo them.

HE, invasion, mini boss.
    However, I was not aiming to hunt/farm them. I just killed mini boss when I happened to aggro them.
    May be my signature works again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I think the first few weeks the drop rate was higher but now it's lower. I have had one drop in Wild Space over the last two weeks but the first few weeks I had many. There also may be a cool down at play.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    It's annoying that some things are only available as drops... they are not in the campaign or invasion vendors.
    And it's annoying that everything is bound... so drops for other classes or drops that you already have are not worth much (just gold or RP), but you have to keep grinding to get the thing you want.
    And it's annoying that there's not much you can do with seals of the spider god once you've bought all the gear.
  • Options

I think the first few weeks the drop rate was higher but now it's lower. I have had one drop in Wild Space over the last two weeks but the first few weeks I had many. There also may be a cool down at play.

I guess it is all RNG. I have kept getting drops, ring, gears, underwear, etc. Even just yesterday morning, just before I replied to this thread, I got 3 drops for one toon (who did one invasion, 6 HEs). However, I have not seen any 'good' one and I play 9 classes.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    My luckiest invasion I got two pieces of gear for my class.
    A couple of times I have had two items from one commander (ring and clothing)
    I don't think the lord of the fleet drops anything special, just what other commanders drop.
    The named mini bosses also drop the fool's fashion.

But the drops are not frequent... I do still have a couple of gaps in those parts of collections...