test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchanter's Hex

djmajikmykedjmajikmyke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
Would be really nice if Enchanter's Hex applied when warlocks curse an enemy. I mean a curse is literally the definition of a hex. Please consider adding when a curse is applied it procs. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited November 2023

Would be really nice if Enchanter's Hex applied when warlocks curse an enemy. I mean a curse is literally the definition of a hex. Please consider adding when a curse is applied it procs. Thanks!

That means 'Enchanter's hex' will always be applied. When I am in a fight, any enemy I hit once are cursed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Well, that is only true if you chose to use powers that curse. You don't have to curse enemies. CW's are using powers with control abilities to take advantage of the hex. What's the difference? We only have one power (a daily) that procs hex.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Well, that is only true if you chose to use powers that curse. You don't have to curse enemies. CW's are using powers with control abilities to take advantage of the hex. What's the difference? We only have one power (a daily) that procs hex.

Yes. If they allow that, for me (and probably others will), my current at-wills, encounters and one of 2 daily can curse.

Wait! One of the encounters I use does not curse but it removes curse to do damage. I guess I could keep on applying curse, removing curse, applying curse right the way to keep on dipping Enchanter's hex (if they allow that) like I am dipping curse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    If you don't think cws are doing the exact same thing you just described...ummm well ok. Like I said, a hex is a curse...change the name or let sws also gain advantage from it. It's a broken insignia bonus built exclusively for cws. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    If u want what a wizard has go and play one, all classes have something special, but warlocks do not have control powers so can't benefit from a control-immune target bonus. End of story. Go make one and enjoy playing it, they're fun to play, but don't whinge that you want what they have on top of what you already have as a warlock which they do not have, it doesn't work that way. A cruse is not a control power, regardless of what the name given was, CW's specialize in controlling mobs and this bonus compensates for loss of function/effectiveness against a control-immune target which is generally a boss.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    An exclusive insignia bonus for cws....nice.
  • Options

No difference to be an exclusive insignia bonus for wizard and warlock in other class' perspective if you get your wish.
  • Options

I can't use tanking/defense bonuses, do I moan about that?
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I hate to ask but can stand it no longer-what is a cw?? I heard they are going to nerf wizards because of the enchanter hex.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    jana#2651 said:

I hate to ask but can stand it no longer-what is a cw?? I heard they are going to nerf wizards because of the enchanter hex.

CW is 'control Wizard' which is the original class name of current Wizard class.

Old link from 2013.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1015110-control-wizard-class-preview

Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that. I still sort play this way, more about party support and CC than damage-focused:

"In battle, the Control Wizard dictates the terms of engagement. With a word, you can lock down an enemy with a freezing ray, or unleash a powerful burst to slow or repel waves of enemies. Certainly a Devoted Cleric can keep your party standing, the Guardian Fighter can go toe-to-toe with a dragon, and the Trickster Rogue can make sure that dragon dies – but the Control Wizard has the power to keep that dragon from ever reaching combat."
  • Options
    Thank you Plasticbat, never heard control wizard before, now I know. I was pretty sure it wasnt a cleric with benefits, but cleric was the only c I could come up with.
  • Options
    So they didn't have wizards at all to begin with?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    jana#2651 said:

Thank you Plasticbat, never heard control wizard before, now I know. I was pretty sure it wasnt a cleric with benefits, but cleric was the only c I could come up with.

C was DC.
    Cleric was Devoted Cleric. "Cleric" is new.

https://www.arcgames.com/fr/games/neverwinter/news/detail/1016610-the-devoted-cleric-in-neverwinter
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

So they didn't have wizards at all to begin with?

No. None of the current class names was in the beginning.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User

Thanks for posting that. I still sort play this way, more about party support and CC than damage-focused:

"In battle, the Control Wizard dictates the terms of engagement. With a word, you can lock down an enemy with a freezing ray, or unleash a powerful burst to slow or repel waves of enemies. Certainly a Devoted Cleric can keep your party standing, the Guardian Fighter can go toe-to-toe with a dragon, and the Trickster Rogue can make sure that dragon dies – but the Control Wizard has the power to keep that dragon from ever reaching combat."

I focused my second wizard on control. Anything I get that boosts the control rating he gets.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    greywynd said:

I focused my second wizard on control. Anything I get that boosts the control rating he gets.
    I focus the only wizard I play on control. If there is a control stat I can take, I take it. So far, her control bonus is 58.7%.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    73.2% on mine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.