test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove from the game the Life Drinker enchant Illusion -

The Life Drinker Illusion on other players should come with a medical warning for triggering seizures.
It also overpowers all other effects on screen, blinding players and hindering gameplay.
Sometimes it makes the game crash.
Why would anyone want to kill his teammates for a bling?- it is a good question.
But why does the item exists in the game?- it is the primal question.
I had raids where 3 players had this enchant illusion . I left from the campfire, no idea if they finished, also it is not the point to be able to play the game IN SPITE of fashion choices.
Please, join an instance with a player having the Life Drinker Illusion and see with your own eyes.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Is it something to do with your computer and/or graphics card? I've never had an issue with it and I have never heard of this before from anyone else so I would at first wonder if it is just connected to your own system. What level do you have your graphics settings on in the game? Max? Lower? That might be a start.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited November 2023

The Life Drinker Illusion on other players should come with a medical warning for triggering seizures.
    It also overpowers all other effects on screen, blinding players and hindering gameplay.
    Sometimes it makes the game crash.
    Why would anyone want to kill his teammates for a bling?- it is a good question.
    But why does the item exists in the game?- it is the primal question.
    I had raids where 3 players had this enchant illusion . I left from the campfire, no idea if they finished, also it is not the point to be able to play the game IN SPITE of fashion choices.
    Please, join an instance with a player having the Life Drinker Illusion and see with your own eyes.

Wow... Just wow..
    It's amazing how players comes with various excuses so to get rid stuffs which they don't and hate that others do.. Or simply hate that item or as in this case visual effect..

Alright by your logic we should remove Soulforge effect too, cuz that's create effect of shadow, and some kids may be scared of shadows.. So we need to get rid it too.

Hellfire weapon transmute, and flaming enchantment.... Someone may have bad memories due fire accidents and can cause seizures or etc.. So get rid it too..

Frost weapon enchantment??? Same as with flaming.. Someone had bad case with frost and cold in general,, so this it may look as harmfull to them. So lets get rid them too..

Same can be said about all other weapon, armour illusions, and certain armour transmutes who's have glow visual effects..

Next,, blinding players with glow effect.. .Seriously? For next time try bring more serious reason..
    If you get in fight, trial/skirmish/dungeon or any non party activity.. Just by using various class abilties who's easily overshadow Any of weapon/armour illusions,, they can blind players way more.. SO by your logic we should get rid them too??

Ohh look tiamat casting fire breath.. It;s may act harmfull to someone, so what we shoud get rid it too?? Poison clounds? Get rid too..

If you don't like games visual effets, it's your own issue, not the games..

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Mate, have you seen me spamming the forum?
    If I took the trouble to make a post about an item that makes the game unplayable for me, it is as serious as it gets, because playing the game is the reason we are here.
    I asked the devs to join an instance and see with their own eyes.
    I repeat - it makes the game unplayable for me, I must leave the instance where a player has this fashion item.
    Let the devs decide if I am the only one forced out of an instance.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I'm not seeing an issue with Lifedrinker. I suspect it's a problem with your graphics card or drivers.

screenshot-2023-11-27-12-58-54
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Lifedrinker is not flashing or anything like that. Yes, if that is what you see, that may well be your system.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    There are some visual effects that can be quite blinding. Maybe sliders to reduce visual effects from yourself and or others may do some good (on console at least because graphic adjustment only has an option to reduce frame rate).
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    On my system-
    I can play the game , including all master trials, where reaction time is important.

I can not play the game where in a trial or dungeon a player has this fashion item.

1 Are you saying that your fashion choice imposes on every other player the cost of a new laptop/pc?
    If devs agree with that, good for you, I hope they do not.

2.Or are you saying that your fashion choice is reason enough to force players out of the game?
    And I should quit in silence too, because how dare I raise my problem, it is not serious enough for the forum dwellers.

3. Or are you buying everybody a new laptop/pc ?

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I think the suggestion is to change your display settings until the offending item no longer does.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Since you have a problem others can't see, can you at least post a screen capture so that people can imagine what it is?
    For me,
    1. Lifedrinker is not flashing. My invocation is more flashing than Lifedrinker. The hit/damage numbers popping ups are way more flashing on the screen. The vorpal illusion of my Barbarian's sword is way more flashing too.
    2. A player character occupies tiny space in the screen. It is not a on your face imaging (at least, not for me).
    3. Obviously, people don't understand your problem based on what you wrote. Hence, posting a screen capture or video would point out what the problem is to anyone including dev so that they could have a clue how to 'fix' it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I agree, we need to see what u r talking about. Try making a video capture of it happening so we can see it in real time happening and post a link here please so we can understand what it looks like and what the issue may be. There are things in the game which flash and distract way more than that one enchant does.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    Ah... I saw it today. On PS. It is pretty bad. It's like a flashing police light. I can up load some video if anyone is interested.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options

Ah... I saw it today. On PS. It is pretty bad. It's like a flashing police light. I can up load some video if anyone is interested.

That will be easier for Cryptic to find out what is wrong with that since many of us (in PC anyway) have not seen that. May be it is a 'new' issue.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    Sadly the video loses a lot of the brilliance you see in game. I don't know if it's YT's compression or what. The armour in question is on the rider I am following but it's hard to see in video for some reason. If you can watch it on large monitor it's much easier to see. In the actual game it's like following an ambulance bright lights flashing. I could see how this could be troublesome for some people.

https://youtu.be/AOu7ZPB721E
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options

Sadly the video loses a lot of the brilliance you see in game. I don't know if it's YT's compression or what. The armour in question is on the rider I am following but it's hard to see in video for some reason. If you can watch it on large monitor it's much easier to see. In the actual game it's like following an ambulance bright lights flashing. I could see how this could be troublesome for some people.

https://youtu.be/AOu7ZPB721E

Thank you for the video. I do see the ambulance light after I set that up in a 50" TV and look for it.
  • Options
    Ah OK, I had to go to YT and watch it there on fullscreen to understand what I was looking at, but I did see it, thx. It's flashing on and off when it should stay on all the time, I think it's a weapon their back. I can't tell if it's just because they're at a distance and it's an error in processing it due to distance or it would also happen up close. I have a lifedrinker set on my rogue (I hardly play him) when I log in later I'll run around on him and see if it does anything strange and report back.
  • Options
    Weapons on the back and illusions can get wonky. The weapon disappears, but the illusion is still there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    From what I am seeing on my warlock, Lifedrinker looks like Flaming or Plaguefire, only a deeper red.
  • Options
    Well I logged into my rogue and ran around for a minute and it's not playing up, looks like it always does. It makes whatever weapon u use it on go kind of black and has a red moving sort of aura around it. All showing as usual.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Hadestemplar-Do you think maybe it would be nice to uplift the energy of the world with a little kindness and respect here? Archmage had a problem even playing the game and you used it as a chance to act superior and witty with your sarcasm instead of genuinely trying to understand and help. People being deliberately obtuse or blaming a persons computer rather than an obvious bug to make themselves feel better gets so old here. The forum is for an exchange of ideas or to get help, not a rock throwing to try to make a person feel stupid.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    jana#2651 said:

Hadestemplar-Do you think maybe it would be nice to uplift the energy of the world with a little kindness and respect here? Archmage had a problem even playing the game and you used it as a chance to act superior and witty with your sarcasm instead of genuinely trying to understand and help. People being deliberately obtuse or blaming a persons computer rather than an obvious bug to make themselves feel better gets so old here. The forum is for an exchange of ideas or to get help, not a rock throwing to try to make a person feel stupid.

I have no discriminations, neither hate to anyone specificly. Not as how you try portrait..
    But one thing I want to be clear..

I am not guy who's think that one or two players personall needs should overshadow rest of playerbase..

He have issues with lifedrinker illusion( visuals).. ok..
    Then perhaps first check what can be done on his/her own side( visual adjustment) and possible issues with software( drivers).

Then if that does not work ask for option to disable illusions animations..
    Instead goes like >> remove lifedrinker illusion.. And totally ignoring other players who's have no issues with it..

So while it may sound brutal, but reality is that.. One players needs should never overshadow rest of playerbase.. Cuz while change may be so kindly and respectfull toward him/her, it's become totally disrespectfull for rest of playerbase...

As for kindness and respect.. Alright lets go for it..

If removing this lifedrinker illusion cuz it's flashing to one guy.

Then what's about like, person had issues with eyes and have problems to track fast moving elements/objects in game ? We should reduce game speed to meet his/her needs.

Then about players who's have pain in both hands due past injuries?? We also have to reduce action combat gamplay.. Or why even keep it.. Lets make it simplified tab target so it could be played with one hand.. .

But wait,, I knew play who had accident in past, and fire left marks on his body... And each time he see fire his face expression change and you can clearly can see how uneasy for him is. And yes I know that guy in real life...

For sake of kindness we also have to remove fire effect too.

What's about players who's have arachnophobia??? Lets remove spiders from game..
    Should I keep writing list of issues???

This is not first game I play and obviously not the last one.. And in 20+ years I have encounted players who had/have various conditions and issues, both in game and in real life.. Some friends in real life due accident in work have issues to move hands and lost one eye.

And while any flashing stuffs make him hard to focus and clearly see, even he do go to such lengh to suggest to remove illusions...
    So yeah, respect.. This very suggestion to remove lifedrinker sounded as disrespect to my friend...

Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Thank you to all the players that read or heard about the lifedrinker enchant illusion hurting group gameplay and do not use it anymore.
    I have not seen it anymore in end game content, so I am very happy about it.

Also after this post replies, I took the hate directly to the store and bought the latest gaming laptop.
    It was not on my priority list, but bought it because of you, so thank you for pushing me to spoil myself.
    I have not updated the thread then, because I was busy.
    Post edited by archmage#5149 on