test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Light of Xaryxis: Launch Day Issues & Suggestions

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited November 2023 in Player Feedback (PC)
  1. Really difficult to know where Party Members are: doesn't show planet or instance they on, or on invasion map, or Moondancer.
  2. The Invasion: has 20 in FULL instance, yet map so large, everyone runs alone, makes it difficult for Paladins, & others to work together.
  3. Missions you do in party: Higher Evolution Mission, stop dropping items except for party leader; so lots of joining/leaving party to progress.
  4. Heroic: Aggressive Negiotations starts, then quickly is bugged on Planet Byzunov as it asks you to defend the Moondancer Crew; yet they are never threatned by anyone, so the Heroic Encounter never even begins or starts, and then everyone leaves or gives up... :scream:
  5. Aboleth of Water - Meeting Your Idol Mission on the Asteroid is bugged, he almost never attacks you, or allows you to attack him. The only work-around is to continue to swap instances until you see the Avatar is Red and Ready to fight.

++ MORE DETAILS +++ -------

#1 If you on Asteroid - Zar'bos then say "Zar'bos 5" so your party can tell what Planet, Asteroid, or Invasion you at.
    ╘ If you in a group with others, it doesn't identify Moondancer 5, Invasion 5, Zar'bos 5, so you don't know which planet or area everyone is.

#2 For Invasions, help focus players to certain area's show area's where Commander's spawn with circle when they alive; then people know where to focus efforts!

Showing more important area's to focus when Invasion is on, is a good idea, and while I suspect they won't change this behavior it's really kind of silly. If your fighting your best to wait till you at least find 1 other person to JOIN up with. The problem is that everyone is separated unless in a small party, and even if you are you can't tell which planet your on without saying. So most people during invasion will spent 1-3 minutes just trying to find 1-2 others, that's even in instances with 20+ people. There's no progress cause it's not like a Heroic, so it's just defeating any enemy, or commanders; except for trying to loot 2-3 possible chest that exist for currency.

People need to say in Zone LFG for Invasion 5, or BHE Zar'bos 5. So during invasion it be nice to provide a basic guide to draw attention to certain area's. Now since it's such a large area it really makes zone chat full, cause everyone is trying to say Zar'bos 5 HE name, or Invasion 27 upper mid, or BHE 17 Planet X it's hard to follow!

#3 Is just a bug that some items stop dropping if you in a party with 2-3 others, it seems to be the only mission where drops only happen for party leader. That needs to be fixed so it drops items for everyone that has the mission.

#5 Takes place on Asteroid - Omomia, I'd say it's closer to 95% he never attacks in most instances! It's a real show stopper for advancing progress in the campaign, often every single instance is bugged!

Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    I agree, I was there on two diff maps when an invasion was supposedly going on and nothing was happening and we just ran around and around on a more or less empty map not knowing what to do. A couple of people incl me asked in zone what we were supposed to do and no-one answered but they shouldn't have to, the game should make it clear.

The only feedback I have so far besides that is the music. Really? We go to a jungle map and you have the exact Chult music playing and instead of making me feel I have been transported to another planet or dimension or whatever the F it's supposed to be, I feel I'm basically back in an old mod in Chult running through the Soshenstar River map. Who thought it was a good idea to put that music from an old jungle over a new jungle? Is it because it's "jungly?" How cute. But also how stupid if you want to make this mod special and unique in some way. You've just made everyone feel like they're in an old mod with a jungle in it they've run through a million times already as it's etched in our brains. Yay. And they also did it in another map where it looks like New Sharandar and what do you know, they put the exact New Sharandar music. Come on guys, how lazy and copy paste and totally literal can you get. Be imaginative, we deserve it for all the money we throw at you.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yea and I've noticed that some Dungeons like Infernal Citadel are still awarding Seal of the North for defeating 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Boss!
    ╘ That was even as recently as of Nov 15th; which is a week after Launch last Tuesday.

I also realize it's also likely not the only Dungeon, that's is still doing that too, though most are awarding Adventurers!

----- +++ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've also added a few more Details, to other BUGs I've listed in my (post above) Nov 9th, which has listed several issues addition details to expand on the 5 bullet points.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Kill the cutscene that displays every time a character goes to the ship.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Better yet revert things back to just tapping the esc key once to stop them instead of wasting our time holding it down.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    As several others have said in various threads, the last patch went overboard in the Xaryxian Armada requirement for Buzzjewels.
    ╘ Now you can empty all chests 2x or more, even defeat several Commander's and you lucky at best to maybe earn 14-21%.

While I think this needs to be reduced a little bit, I mean people will likely still do more than 4-5 invasions; yet this likely requires as much as 8-9 possibly. This will depend how many Commander give not 5, 10, or 20 Buzzjewels during your fights. Still this can often take you up to an hour and a half doing just Invasions, and while it's true many will run many more over a week; people want to see their weekly haul complete on various characters.

I'll be the first to admit on Launch they made it clearly progress way too quickly, yet now it's just a bit too much; this should really only require 3 invasions on average. Given that alone could take +45 minutes, so then let people decide once they done weekly haul if they want to do more for extra currency!

*sigh*
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Well at least (most) issues are now fixed with all the bugged Heroic's, still this is something that likely should be addressed...

Aragon posted this "issue" in a Video a while ago. So it seems the weapons miss the +200 dmg by intention. Maybe the Devs want to force people doing the Master Trial. I don't care since I will never reach the Item level they asked for.

Seems the new 2500 Item-Level Trial Weapons as talked about in several area's are:
    ╘ missing the +235 Damage buff that should accommodate them, +Damage on Offhand!

NOTE: The 2700 +1 Trial Weapons have a +250 Damage Buff and their offhands have a buff too! Just here the normal ones are completely missing them entirely.

Even Stormforged Weapons at 2000 Item-Level have a +200 Damage Buff on Main Hand, & even some offhands give +100 Damage Buff on for Ranger, or Rogue at least. :'(

*sigh*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: Just really wish they'd show the Planet, Asteroid, or Map you're on, along with the instance; currently it only identifies difference instance, not the area of map or planet your on. :-1:
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It seems now most of the Heroic Encounter's are working which is nice. :+1:
  • Options

I've had a chance to play a little there now (not much just a little) and I found the simple mistake I was making (and maybe others were too) was I was simply on the wrong map. I didn't know you had to go to a travel gate and go to a special map just for invasions, that's why the map I was on was empty and nothing going on. I worked it out the other day just randomly. I know what to do now.
    My feeling on it so far is it's an enjoyable well-designed event, I find the frequency is pleasing, ie the speed with which they trigger around the zone in diff instances, and it doesn't take too much grinding to get your instance up and running. When it's going, I do like the placement of bosses and chests around the map and the way you can quickly work out organically the route you need to take (route flows well) and how it feels to run that route back and forth a few times, it's quite enjoyable and not too far a distance between nodes to be painful or a nuisance.
    The bosses seem about the right strength so that they're not disappointing pushovers but they also are doable without being so strong they take forever, they seem scary enough to fight and give you a hard-enough time that you have to concentrate and put in some good gameplay effort and skill in with the way they move around, and I think they have the difficulty and damage balance on both sides about right, well done with that. It's also a nice touch that players on their own away from the others can loot the chest without necessarily having to aggro the boss and get trapped there every single time.
    The locations are good and work well (visual design clue of the awning to draw you in the right direction quickly) and the boss music is very nice and creates a nice tension and sense of drama with the volume set perfectly in contrast to everything else.
    The falling-off the pier and dying is getting really old really fast.

What works particularly well in my view is how you just get kicked out of the map instantly when the timer counts down and how harsh and final that is with the screen going suddenly black, works really well, I've had some times where we almost had a boss dead and boom we missed it, and others when it was down to the last 30 seconds or less and we did it in time. When you are watching the boss health go down and get closer to zero and also watching the timer tick down in actual seconds to zero, you think you're going to miss it then in the last 15 seconds a couple more people rush up and help and you all do it with seconds to spare before being shoved back to the ship, that's gold, it is a really nice and exciting experience and it is fun for me whether we finish that last boss off or don't quite get there, it puts a smile on my face and that's all I ever wanted from this game.

I will say that the perpetual cut-scene of the ship every single effing time I go to that map is wearing extremely thin by now and more than annoying, having to press ESC and hold just to get on with things, is not a good look, and I think we maybe need to consider a campaign to have it turned off after the first visit on each character.

Nice touch to have the gear in the invasion vendor also potentially dropping from the invasion chests you loot for free, that's generous and welcome. Nice to see.

Slow moving planets making the ship feel like it's moving in space is nice work and took come creativity and skill in building.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Yes, there are few times we beat boss 0.5 seconds before kicking out :) or needed another 0.5 second to kill the boss. :(
    Same for opening chest too.
    One minor one is there are gear drops to floor (after you killed the boss) and one may not notice. In a few times, I noticed them on the floor when I went back and 'close' to them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    TY I will take note of that and pay attention in future.