test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Files Added to my Desktop

ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User

When I launch Neverwinter from the Neverwinter.exe file, it adds these strange files to my DESKTOP. It has been doing this for a while now and I keep hoping it will get fixed but it hasn't been. I have attached two images of these files. The game runs from the C:\Program Files (x86) folder and there are two separate folders for Neverwinter under the Program Files folder.

Why is the game adding these files to my desktop?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Did you copy (or move) Neverwinter.exe to your Desktop instead of making a shortcut of Neverwinter.exe and then click it to run it?
    If you did, Neverwinter.exe will 'start' in your Desktop directory and add files to it.

The 'proper' way is to add a shortcut. The following is mine and you can see it specifies where it 'Start in'.

If yours is already a short-cut, you should check if the 'Start in' directory exists.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User

Did you copy (or move) Neverwinter.exe to your Desktop instead of making a shortcut of Neverwinter.exe and then click it to run it?
    If yours is already a short-cut, you should check if the 'Start in' directory exists.

That fixed it!!! Thank you so much!!!! :)