test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There goes Juma...

mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
So it looks like Juma has gone from Menzobarranzan, and gone from Narbondellyn, and now is only on the Moondancer.
And Juma only sells bags for wildspace doubloons.

Oh well. I had been using Juma bags as a way to spend excess currency in Menzobarranzan... the gear drops were filling in my collections and appearance library. I guess I have no reason to go there any more.

It will be a while before I have excess doubloons...

Comments

• Options
    mithmyrrmithmyrr Member Posts: 57 Arc User

They killed a thriving community in Vallenhas and moving Juma around each time now is just a cynical ploy to increase numbers in the new zones and make the figures look good for their publisher but it won't work because the currency is needed for other things and Juma will never get the traction he had in Vallenhas.

Or, they are moving him to make the setting seem dynamic. Juma isn't going to increase the numbers in the new zones, the campaign will do that. Moving Juma makes it seem they are moving where the business is.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    More like giving the players the business. No reason Juma can't be in all 3 places.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Juma in Narbondellyn accepted two currencies... they could have let him accept three currencies, wherever he is.
    That Menzobarranzan currency is just less useful now because they've taken away a place where it could be spent.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    mithmyrr said:

They killed a thriving community in Vallenhas and moving Juma around each time now is just a cynical ploy to increase numbers in the new zones and make the figures look good for their publisher but it won't work because the currency is needed for other things and Juma will never get the traction he had in Vallenhas.

Or, they are moving him to make the setting seem dynamic. Juma isn't going to increase the numbers in the new zones, the campaign will do that. Moving Juma makes it seem they are moving where the business is.
    Did you used to go to Vallenhas before Juma got moved? It was one of the few old maps which was consistently busy. You can't say that for many if any of the other ones. But Vallenhas when you went there had a good population in it and several instances and people were farming currency for Juma bags at all hours of the day. That's all they were there for. Have you seen it there now? Graveyard. When they moved Juma from there they killed the foot traffic, they even had to make it easier to do the insurgencies for the forgers box because there were less people there farming which was an admission from the Devs that there were less people there as a direct result of removing Juma. The only reason they moved Juma away from there was to entice people away from that map and to the new mod. If this wasn't the case, they would have, as Greywind said above, had Juma in multiple instances at once. The only logical reason he was deleted from Vallenhas, where it was busy only because of him, was to shift those players to a different map and away from Vallenhas. And they just did it again with the new mod. They think players are that stupid they will mindlessly follow Juma all over the place like insects to a lightbulb, but not realizing how it actually worked in Vallenhas and why people were there.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options

mithmyrr said:

Did you used to go to Vallenhas before Juma got moved? It was one of the few old maps which was consistently busy. You can't say that for many if any of the other ones. But Vallenhas when you went there had a good population in it and several instances and people were farming currency for Juma bags at all hours of the day. That's all they were there for. Have you seen it there now? Graveyard. When they moved Juma from there they killed the foot traffic, they even had to make it easier to do the insurgencies for the forgers box because there were less people there farming which was an admission from the Devs that there were less people there as a direct result of removing Juma. The only reason they moved Juma away from there was to entice people away from that map and to the new mod. If this wasn't the case, they would have, as Greywind said above, had Juma in multiple instances at once. The only logical reason he was deleted from Vallenhas, where it was busy only because of him, was to shift those players to a different map and away from Vallenhas. And they just did it again with the new mod. They think players are that stupid they will mindlessly follow Juma all over the place like insects to a lightbulb, but not realizing how it actually worked in Vallenhas and why people were there.
    Yes, I went there before they moved Juma. And the numbers there were greater than zones older than Vallenhas. But they did NOT compare to new zones. Even on 2x Vallenhas currency weeks, the population there would be lower than the zones of a recently released module. So you saying that moving him to increase traffic to the new zones is not a logical conclusion at all, but attempt to make your position seem like the only valid option, despite it being wrong.

Yes, the devs knew that removing Juma was removing most of the foot traffic, but what you are failing to do is give the devs credit, since your whole schtick seems to be to bash on the dev team. They knew moving Juma would remove traffic there, and made the Insurgencies easier when they did it, not later after complaints.

Let me reiterate my position: moving Juma makes the game feel more dynamic. Juma knows that most players are going to be in the new zones, so he moves to where the most business is. Do I miss Juma in Vallenhas? Only on 2x currency weeks.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    mithmyrr said:

Let me reiterate my position: moving Juma makes the game feel more dynamic.

Maybe to you. To me it just reflects a bad decision. Like the removal of other content.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    mithmyrr said:

Let me reiterate my position: moving Juma makes the game feel more dynamic. Juma knows that most players are going to be in the new zones, so he moves to where the most business is. Do I miss Juma in Vallenhas? Only on 2x currency weeks.

There is no argument about putting a Juma to the new zone.

There is no good reason to "move" Juma who could have coexisted in all the relevant zones. Of course, since certain old prizes were removed intentionally, one may think it is not relevant anymore.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    There is no reason Juma can't start a franchise in every zone. Juma Hut or McJuma and NPCs from the old zones that were taken away can own and operate them.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    mithmyrr said:

mithmyrr said:

Yes, the devs knew that removing Juma was removing most of the foot traffic, but what you are failing to do is give the devs credit, since your whole schtick seems to be to bash on the dev team. They knew moving Juma would remove traffic there, and made the Insurgencies easier when they did it, not later after complaints.

No, what I do is hold them to account for bad decisions or sh!tty work, I've played this game since the first year it existed and like others here, I love it so much and only ever want it to succeed, it is so easy for it to succeed to be honest, and I hate the way it is consistently degraded and ruined for seemingly no reason, how bugs are created when there should not be, how tooltips are repeatedly giving players the wrong info and causing them distress and how generally speaking stupid needless things happen (like unnecessary deletions of content which players enjoy) which make the game less than it could and should be. I also praise them when something is good or they've done something well, but when I give them grief over something its because its deserved and they've done what I see as the wrong thing to the players or done substandard work or made yet another mistake which should not have happened if they were doing their job properly. I'm standing up for the game I love and the players who love it too and that is my right to do as a loyal player of over a decade.

Now please explain to us what your motive is for defending mistakes and errors and thinking we should never say anything about them and just put up with whatever is thrown at us no matter how bad it is.
  • Options

Now please explain to us what your motive is for defending mistakes and errors and thinking we should never say anything about them and just put up with whatever is thrown at us no matter how bad it is.

I have NEVER said you should never say anything. You call it a mistake, but it is just a decision you do not agree with. If you had posted as such, fine. But then you try to argue that there is no reason, even though I literally gave one. You may not agree, but the fact you, like most times, refuse to listen to anyone. I don't give one flip that you've played since year one. That doesn't make you knowledgeable or wise. You show your ignorance in most of your posts.
  • Options
    Wow so rude.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

Yea, honestly new players relied on Juma in Vallenhaus to help earn some Companions and such; it really was a shame they moved him out. I've barely used him since they moved him to Whispering Post, and now Astral Sea's; I used to enjoy going to Vallenhaus.