test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Incorrect field of view on different characters

f92#2999 f92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I noticed that on some characters the field of view breaks down. This happens for unknown reasons with characters that were created a long time ago. Moreover, this is the case with newly created characters. You can fix this problem by doing an Acquisitions Incorporated Orientation quest. I don't know why.
In the screenshots, the field of view value is 100 for both characters, both are standing in the same place, while in one of the screenshots the pumpkin on top is not visible, which is visible in the other screenshot.

Comments

• seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    So i wasn't just imagined it ...
    I thought it was just bc i'm playing with multiple character so my eyes were messing with me ...
  • mithmyrrmithmyrr Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Check run speeds, and buffs that may be giving run speed. I know when I have a very high run speed, the field of view value changes automatically.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I'd rather think this field of view difference is because melee (1st screenshot) and ranged (2nd screenshot) characteres. Dispite that it's confusing and uncomfortable to get used to everytime when I change characters.
  • f92#2999 f92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    mithmyrr said:

Check run speeds, and buffs that may be giving run speed. I know when I have a very high run speed, the field of view value changes automatically.

I tested it on two characters who had no buffs and had the same speed. Moreover, the characters stand and do not move. I play as a bard and sometimes he applies a speed effect that moves the camera away, but it only lasts a few seconds at most.

I'd rather think this field of view difference is because melee (1st screenshot) and ranged (2nd screenshot) characteres. Dispite that it's confusing and uncomfortable to get used to everytime when I change characters.

Unfortunately this is not related to melee or ranged characters. I was able to fix this when I was helping a friend with an Acquisitions Incorporated Orientation quest. And in some incredible way, after completion, it looked like the 2nd screenshot. After I tested on different characters and this quest really fix this problem. You don't have to complete the entire quest. The field of view begins to work correctly after the trip is completed.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Sadly sometimes the Field of View is set differently for older characters, you can FIX this simply by logging in and Setting their Field of Views to be the same. Or the easier method is RESET ALL VALUES under Display, then SAVE; yet only do so once you've first logged & recorded ALL your desired Older Settings, as they exist on ideal characters..