test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game offers PVP but no rewards so no reason to play .. Why ?

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited November 2023 in Player Feedback (PC)
Why does this game offer pvp but theres no rewards to make it worth while

PVP in Neverwinter might not be perfect in terms of class balance but any game has this and some classes will be stronger in each Mod through the years. It changes so we roll with the punches and enjoy the gameplay and uniqueness (live)of pvp

Can we at least have some rewards even if unique transmutes or just AD like one gets for dungs trails skirms and hunts etc ?

More people will play the Neverwinter if there was a healthy pvp community which will only happen if there at least some good rewards for time spent playing which is fair ... so with the same amount of time you should get same rewards or similar

One gets bored of same content over and over where pvp is different every time which can be refreshing break from the consistent grinding

Why cant one mod just be focused on PVP ..maybe a new map and storyline

and i mean lower gear players should scale up and higher geared players down on solo and a general queue

and then have a Advanced Queue for better players with slightly better rewards

a guild vs guild queue with stronghold rewards will be amazing teamplay

So many people feel pvp in neverwinter has so much potential ... hopefully someday some genius will see this too .

If nothing serious is planned in near future can we at least have back what was there ??

leaderboard and some rewards ...all we ask

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    1. They don't want to support it.
    2. They don't want to spend resource to get rid of it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    3. Toxicity killed it and those who used to it play it stopped. Personally speaking I used to love it back in the day and played it all the time but no amount of upgraded rewards would be worth exposing myself to that treatment again. They would have to put some kind of measures in place to deal with bad behaviour before I would ever consider returning to it, and I have no idea how they could work such a thing or if it was even possible.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

3. Toxicity killed it and those who used to it play it stopped. Personally speaking I used to love it back in the day and played it all the time but no amount of upgraded rewards would be worth exposing myself to that treatment again. They would have to put some kind of measures in place to deal with bad behaviour before I would ever consider returning to it, and I have no idea how they could work such a thing or if it was even possible.

There was some toxic players back then and any game with pvp has that ... Most have left this game and is long gone anyway.
    Some love the battle some don't so if pvp is to hardcore for you dont pvp. Easy as that.

The community in Neverwinter is friendly 99% of the time ...one or two lil egos shouldn't stop the game from having PVP

The thing with PVP is , its just a game you dont really die ..you just respawn :)

Sensitive folk shouldn't pvp, its a battleground not a tea party.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    **** The only issue really was some players getting stomped after match is over ..like after a GG call

This upset some players but its not so bad you didn't really die right ? You respawned ..

But there is way to resolve this issue anyway ....

IF one team knows it cant win match anymore there's a vote option like one has to abandon instance so 4/5 votes then the match and point are forfeited and match is over .. match can either end or players are neutralized and cant attack each other anymore

Also remember that if any player doesn't want to see any comment from another player he can mute (ignore) that player

So if all of the above is done there is no room for any toxicity - PVP is fun and actually the real end-game

Easy as that !
  • Options
    I effin know it's not a tea party and I have a thick skin anyway, but it brought out the worst in some people, at least the worst players in Neverwinter with the sh1ttiest attitudes tended to want to go there an abuse other players. I'm not going to go on and on about details, but the attitude of some of the players I saw in there was abysmal. People either become sadists or control freaks in there. I joined Neverwinter the year it started in mod2 and played PVP straight away, and did it for a number of years and it was fine all that time, people are competitive, sure, I was too, but no-one was an ar$ehole and we all had a good time and people were friendly. Eventually it just attracted a core group of idiots who delighted in being sh!ts to other players and the sportsmanship disappeared and so did all the other players. They killed it themselves.
  • Options

I effin know it's not a tea party and I have a thick skin anyway, but it brought out the worst in some people, at least the worst players in Neverwinter with the sh1ttiest attitudes tended to want to go there an abuse other players. I'm not going to go on and on about details, but the attitude of some of the players I saw in there was abysmal. People either become sadists or control freaks in there. I joined Neverwinter the year it started in mod2 and played PVP straight away, and did it for a number of years and it was fine all that time, people are competitive, sure, I was too, but no-one was an ar$ehole and we all had a good time and people were friendly. Eventually it just attracted a core group of idiots who delighted in being sh!ts to other players and the sportsmanship disappeared and so did all the other players. They killed it themselves.

Those players were banned from the game and have been long gone as stated ...also i proposed a solution to all of the problems in my previous posts :)
  • Options

**** The only issue really was some players getting stomped after match is over ..like after a GG call

This upset some players but its not so bad you didn't really die right ? You respawned ..

IF one team knows it cant win match anymore there's a vote option like one has to abandon instance so 4/5 votes then the match and point are forfeited and match is over .. match can either end or players are neutralized and cant attack each other anymore

Also remember that if any player doesn't want to see any comment from another player he can mute (ignore) that player

So if all of the above is done there is no room for any toxicity - PVP is fun and actually the real end-game

Easy as that !

You were moaning about no people playing pvp and I told you why that is. People voted with their feet and left, they didn't like the toxic behaviour. You illustrated a couple of those behaviors in your post above actually:

1. Instead of people acting like adults to each other, you should just put up with it and mute them so they can continue being d!cks to everyone but you have to ignore someone and add to your iggie list (which affects chat/trade/lfg elsewhere in the game) because they were being a d!ck, so d!ck behavior is apparently not their problem it's the problem of those who are on the receiving end of it and only they must make changes to suit the d!cks current mood while the person being a d!ck can go on being a d!ck to everyone forever and as often and as badly as they like. (nope, people gonna eventually leave and avoid other people like that which is exactly what happened, now ur moaning about it.)

2. If players are being OTT and killing people over and over after GG has been called and the match has been won already but they want to make other players miserable for giggles and just be sadistic d!cks for the sake of it, you must put up with with because you're not really dying after all, you're just respawning. (Do you know how stupid that sounds?)

3. Why would people abandon an instance and make everyone on both sides lose points because they were not winning. Sounds like d!ck behaviour to me. (Also sounds vindictive.)

I think you're sort of illustrating some of the reasons people left. I can think of more. Anyway as I said you were moaning about no players and I told you why, you said it needed better rewards to entice people back into it and I'm saying it's the toxic behavior which keeps people away and no amount of rewards will make up for that and people just have more self respect than to subject themselves to that kind of fkd-up treatment from other players, stop arguing and just accept that no-one likes being around sh!tty people who feel powerful behind a keyboard but in real life are being picked on by everyone so they come to PVP in Neverwinter and take it out on the other players to feel powerful lol bye.
  • Options

Easy as that !

You were moaning about no people playing pvp and I told you why that is. People voted with their feet and left, they didn't like the toxic behaviour. You illustrated a couple of those behaviors in your post above actually:

1. Instead of people acting like adults to each other, you should just put up with it and mute them so they can continue being d!cks to everyone but you have to ignore someone and add to your iggie list (which affects chat/trade/lfg elsewhere in the game) because they were being a d!ck, so d!ck behavior is apparently not their problem it's the problem of those who are on the receiving end of it and only they must make changes to suit the d!cks current mood while the person being a d!ck can go on being a d!ck to everyone forever and as often and as badly as they like. (nope, people gonna eventually leave and avoid other people like that which is exactly what happened, now ur moaning about it.)

2. If players are being OTT and killing people over and over after GG has been called and the match has been won already but they want to make other players miserable for giggles and just be sadistic d!cks for the sake of it, you must put up with with because you're not really dying after all, you're just respawning. (Do you know how stupid that sounds?)

3. Why would people abandon an instance and make everyone on both sides lose points because they were not winning. Sounds like d!ck behaviour to me. (Also sounds vindictive.)

I think you're sort of illustrating some of the reasons people left. I can think of more. Anyway as I said you were moaning about no players and I told you why, you said it needed better rewards to entice people back into it and I'm saying it's the toxic behavior which keeps people away and no amount of rewards will make up for that and people just have more self respect than to subject themselves to that kind of fkd-up treatment from other players, stop arguing and just accept that no-one likes being around sh!tty people who feel powerful behind a keyboard but in real life are being picked on by everyone so they come to PVP in Neverwinter and take it out on the other players to feel powerful lol bye.
    Its easy if PVP is not for you for whatever reasons ...dont PVP

There should be PVP with rewards available in the game for those who do like the player vs player combat . That was the only point im trying to make.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Doesn't your epeen grow a little bigger with each kill? Isn't that reward enough?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    Guy is trying to advocate pvp on forums, but here comes the 2 or 3 that propably like eachother and try to interfere giving negative feedback, uh how toxic (you like that word it seems).
    Also this is typical, as far as i remember most toxic players in pvp was those coming from pve world, so after another loss they started whining in game chat, in forums (just like those posting above).
    And here we have the reason of pvp degradation - years of negative feedback coming from the players that doesn't really had interest in playing.
    Grow up, you don't like something - don't participate, don't destroy others fun, and don't lie that pvp community destroyed itself.
  • Options

Guy is trying to advocate pvp on forums, but here comes the 2 or 3 that propably like eachother and try to interfere giving negative feedback, uh how toxic (you like that word it seems).
    Also this is typical, as far as i remember most toxic players in pvp was those coming from pve world, so after another loss they started whining in game chat, in forums (just like those posting above).
    And here we have the reason of pvp degradation - years of negative feedback coming from the players that doesn't really had interest in playing.
    Grow up, you don't like something - don't participate, don't destroy others fun, and don't lie that pvp community destroyed itself.

You assume an awful lot. You know the saying about assuming... And it isn't about losing matches (losing, winning, it doesn't matter, it all evens-out in the end and everyone used to climb the pvp ladder in good time with enough effort), people simply had enough of the toxic behaviour, and I've made that perfectly clear already. The toxicity was coming from the people who stayed, not those who left. We left them to it and when so many just stopped doing it, the pvp game died. I can't count the times someone has come into the game new and asks why the pvp queue isn't moving. Well it used to. Before it died.

"years of negative feedback coming from the players that doesn't really had interest in playing." On the contrary I loved PVP and at one stage was playing it more than PVE. We all enjoyed it in those days and sure, there were some idiots here and there, there always are, but overall it was a good bunch of people. Usually when one team won and GG had been called, we would all go and stand on one base as one group and take turns capping the base, one team jump on and cap, we all jump off and the other team all jump on and cap, we did that back and forth until the timer ran out as the winning team got their full bonuses and the losing players still got max points for their personal advancement. This was every PUG match it happened, which was the main pvp playerbase, all PUG. That's what I meant when it used to have sportsmanship. You don't have to be d!ckheads to play PVP. This was normal back then and it was busy and queues didn't take all that long at all. The PVP community was thriving and I was part of it and really enjoyed it. I was playing it really happily but after a while the toxic players started to outweigh everyone else and I (regretfully) decided it just wasn't worth the headache and decided to stop doing it, as did many others. I'm just relating what happened and you can't disagree with history. You will hear loads of people from back then when Neverwinter PVP was busy and thriving who used to play it and left tell the same story about why they left, it just became pathetic festival of losers with sad angry sadistic attitudes in there and many stopped bothering with it because we deserved better than to subject ourselves to that sort of idiocy.

The last match I ever played I was up on a pillar and hitting the base trying to divert someone to come up and get me and make one less person down there to take some heat off my team mates and someone on my own team told me to come down, I told them no, they threatened me and told me again to come down, I said F-off that's what the pillars were put there for, then they kicked me. That was the last time I bothered with it. I used to do all of them, all maps, we had a few back then. I am not joking when I say the d!cks killed pvp, ask anyone who used to play but doesn't anymore. You see, what you guys are doing is saying that pvp in itself inherently consists of this type of anti-social behaviour and if we don't like it, don't play or just suck it up. So that's what we did, we all left and found better things to do. And now you're whinging it's empty and no-one is playing it. You're expecting that if the rewards are better more people will come and allow themselves to be subjected to the type of abuse which goes on, and I'm saying no amount of rewards make that type of antisocial behavior OK. You're saying that is what pvp is, and I'm saying no, it doesn't have to be toxic like that, it can be really fun and welcoming and fair to all while still being incredibly competitive. I'm someone who played it for years when it was at its peak in Neverwinter and was part of the pvp community then and am telling you what I saw and why I stopped doing it. But if you feel you know better, by all means you do you.
  • Options
    lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    I made an assumptions based on personal observations, and noone really have to agree with me, especially that i would kick someone from match after seeing that person doesn't follow match mechanic (can you complete pve dungeon without following the mechanics?). Am i toxic in that situation?
    Also we had the time in nw history when we had pvp seasons with rewards. Who made they cancelled it? Mostly pve players. Because developers gave them ground to farm pvp with alts, so they was. Some people had no brakes, they decided to put 10+ toons on leaderboards to pull rewards after season is over.
    That just an example that you don't have to be mean to other person to be considered as a toxic, because for me toxicity is abusing the ground given. It HAMSTER me of to the state where i start to be really rude, and then people like you can tell how toxic those pvpers are. Just because 'the ground given'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    It really does not matter if pvp/pve players are toxic or not.
    It does not matter if pvp is fun or not.
    The bottom line is if Cryptic will spend any effort to add content to the game or not, if they will keep the game going or not.
    Sure, we can ask for anything but I consider it is waste of our time to do so at this moment (unless you love typing)
    because they will just ignore them all at this stage. Actually, 'ignore' would be the best case scenario because it means someone actually reads it and then ignores it. I bet nobody in Cryptic will read this at all anytime soon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    true, people have more chance going to Discord and asking there.
  • Options

I made an assumptions based on personal observations, and noone really have to agree with me, especially that i would kick someone from match after seeing that person doesn't follow match mechanic (can you complete pve dungeon without following the mechanics?). Am i toxic in that situation?
    Also we had the time in nw history when we had pvp seasons with rewards. Who made they cancelled it? Mostly pve players. Because developers gave them ground to farm pvp with alts, so they was. Some people had no brakes, they decided to put 10+ toons on leaderboards to pull rewards after season is over.
    That just an example that you don't have to be mean to other person to be considered as a toxic, because for me toxicity is abusing the ground given. It HAMSTER me of to the state where i start to be really rude, and then people like you can tell how toxic those pvpers are. Just because 'the ground given'.

All I know is I farmed so many of those Pirate outfits and sold them, I wish I'd kept them and sold them now instead, they are worth millions.
  • Options

You reap what you sow. The pvp community drove away those that might have been interested in it. And so, there weren't enough people in it when Cryptic took a look and decided it was no longer worth supporting.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I am looking for a PVP related game, and going to advocate there for PVE
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    ariel#6558 ariel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Its only fair to give PVP option to players who enjoy it ..even if not a perfect system please can we have PVP back
  • Options

Its only fair to give PVP option to players who enjoy it ..even if not a perfect system please can we have PVP back

It never left. Ebonfrost Scree in Icewind Pass and the Haftwood in the Dwarven Valley. People still fight there.
  • Options
    PVP is almost dead .. there are so few who pvp and yeah sometimes in open world as there are no queues for domination cause there are no rewards for it.

PVP is dead because there is no motivation/rewards for it.

We are asking for daily and season rewards to be brought back so that we at least have queues popping cause there are none atm ...sometimes players will make a pvt queue just for fun but even that is very limited

healthy PVP community might actually be the only way to save this dying game.

its like why would you run a dungeon if there are no rewards ? no one would do that