test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 27 Battle Pass - Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack

aslan#5649 aslan Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hi @ambassadorkael#6946,

In your posts here you ask if the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack is a suitable improvement over the Epic Collar Choice pack in the last Battle Pass.

Two comments:
1. What is actually in the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack? I can't find any info anywhere online as to what this actually is
2. If it has the words 'Epic Collar' in it, then NO, it's not a suitable improvement

Epic Collars and the materials to upgrade lesser ones to Epic are a dime a dozen. You must also surely know that the bottle neck with collar upgrades is getting to Legendary and beyond, the drop rate of Greater Shards of Empowerment is disproportionately low compared to Epic (and therefore the resale cost on AH is high) and the amount of Insignia Powder required for each one is ridiculous.

The extra 15 Shards of Greater Empowerment available through the Battle Pass is nice, but given how many we need to take each Collar beyond Epic and the lack of anything else significantly useful it's likely just not going to be enough to tempt me to buy the Premium Battle pass for the second Mod in a row.

As a side note, its nice to see that there appears to have been at least some consideration to Healer class/roles with the waist/neck/artifact sets this time. However again, for us end game healers it's still going to be a tough sell to give up the party-wide 5% damage boost from the likes of the Vistani set that many of us are using that is I can't count how many Mods old.

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2023

Hi @ambassadorkael#6946,

In your posts here you ask if the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack is a suitable improvement over the Epic Collar Choice pack in the last Battle Pass.

Two comments:
    1. What is actually in the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack? I can't find any info anywhere online as to what this actually is
    2. If it has the words 'Epic Collar' in it, then NO, it's not a suitable improvement

First the person who actually made the BLOG was @terramak despite it was posted by @ambassadorkael#6946.

Still it's my understanding what they meant by the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack, was it may give some or ALL of the Powder, or possibly other Regents items used toward upgrading a Epic Collar to Legendary in time. The question really is, how much progress does it help you get 40%, 60%, or 80%, of the powder & regents--less the mote. I'd honestly hope given event runs 3 months, it give you a sizeable amount, yet I fear it's probably just a small drop in the bucket.

Still I agree with you it would be nice if they explained what was in it, and there was no mention of that which was disappointing! I suspect we'll have to wait closer to next week, when we can actually see the Event in the Menu, and perhaps learn what's really inside...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited November 2023

I expect the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack would be the same as the one in the 2nd stage of the current Battle Pass.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I expect the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack would be the same as the one in the 2nd stage of the current Battle Pass.

Well then I'd be considering PASSING on the next premium rewards, I certainly did in the Previous Premium Pack. While I don't mind spending the cost on the Premium Packs, the Mount &/or Companion Packs really seem lackluster. I guess they figure it's because of the Artifact, still The Mount &/or Companion don't appear to be Legendary at least; and no option for an account-wide Combat Pet.

Yet I'm just really disapointed in the Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Pack, it only offers 10% of the Powder, and slightly smaller % of the overall Regents you'll need. In reality you would in fact need 10 Epic Collar Upgrade Progress Packs just to upgrade a singular Epic Collar to Legendary minus the Glyphs of Potency. So given you'd expect no more than 4 a events a year in 2.5 years you'll be able to upgrade but 1 from the Packs Exclusively. :#

The artifact has very little interest for me, mostly cause now I'll have to run all 9 character's thru Wild Space just to upgrade it. I'm really getting tired of running several character's thru 10 week campaigns, especially when you need an additional 4-6 weeks to earn several currencies to acquire gear, items, etc.. I mean you'd find people willing to run the new Advanced Trial the first week, now since that time often you spend 20-30 minutes just trying to find a team; then your lucky if you can start before more leave.

:-1:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: Making Progress to end-game or +90k in this game is just really sad. It's taken me 1.5 years to break 80k, yet the problem is mostly around waiting to earn powder for Insignia &/or Collar upgrades. I've now got 1 Mythic Collar just now mostly because everyone needs NW Knight, Minsc, and Batiri fully upgraded, not to mention Alpha Compy or Tamed Velociraptor + at least 2-3 others to fight with.

When I left in Fall/Winter of 2019 (for 2.5 years) I tried out SWTOR, it took me 2 months or so to complete my 8 Character's through all the Class Missions on various Planets. Now all were level 70 and completed my Legacy of all classes for additional bonuses, then I started at 170 Mod's (3 each for the various armors/weapons) and while max Gear was 306 at the time. By doing Flashpoints (similar to our Private Dungeon Queues) done alone, or with 1-2 friends I'd often get Mod's dropping for armor or weapons that was +1 or +2 higher or lower than what I already had. It took me 2 more months across all 8 of my Character's to be almost fully outfitted in 306 Mod's for their Armor. Armor their is mostly just a shell used for appearance, and it's why they sell so much more in their COIN store. Sure you earn some Free in game, yet most or all the popular or fan favorites from movies, series, etc.. are available in store, or people have to buy on Auction.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy coming back to NW. *sigh* Even though I wanted to check out the new Sharandar that launched, it's just gotten a lot slower to progress once you break 80k; the Caveat is the only way to earn Powder aside from Tradebars is RC. Even doing both those many say it can take over 2 years easily, just to upgrade all Insignia from Legendary to Mythic.
  • Options

Did they change that? I swear that was an Epic Collar Choice pack when the current Battle Pass came out? My entire Guild/Alliance were discussing and laughing their arses off about how pathetic it was.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

Did they change that? I swear that was an Epic Collar Choice pack when the current Battle Pass came out? My entire Guild/Alliance were discussing and laughing their arses off about how pathetic it was.
    Yes, they changed that because people complained about the Epic Collar Choice pack.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Yes, they changed that because people complained about the Epic Collar Choice pack.
    Still a very, very marginal improvement, certainly not enough to cause me to shell out the Zen for the premium pass.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yea, the amount of powder they allow you to earn in game is extremely limited. About the ONLY way anybody gets close is saving up all their Trade-Bars for a Sale, and then buying loads and loads of Epic Insignia just to convert them to 50 Powder each. I mean running 1 RC every day certainly helps, and that's the real only option for those without VIP. Several people spend 2 years or far more just upgrading all Legendary Insignia to Mythic. :-1::-1:

The amount of powder you can actually earn in game is extremely limited, and extremely disappointing! It's largely why most people largely only have maybe 1 Character fully upgraded, unless they move all their Insignia around; which is what I know some do when they switch from Tank or Healer, to DPS. Still how much of that you can do effectively is quite limited, because Tanks & Healers need different insignia than DPS.

:s