test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions to improve revenue / gameplay

I read the link about revenue and etc and thought I'd toss my two cents in.

Easiest way to improve revenue is to improve gameplay. None of these suggestions would require much of anything in the way of implementation.

Call it VVIP or just add a few levels to VIP, however you want to do it.

VVIP (or just calling it VIP but going to level 15 or so)
1. Stronghold icon on every map so you can get there easier.
2. use the vanity companion to run around and pick up all your drops.
3. 30 second cooldown before you can change maps.
4. allow random queue without requiring 3 dps 1 tank 1 heal.

One that would require some work but would be very welcome across the board would be to allow all classes to assume all roles. Claim otherwise all you want but there's no reason why an HR can't be a tank or healer except the devs decided it that way. One of the single biggest complaints anybody has about the game is the ridiculous wait time to find a tank or healer.

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Arguably not a lot of players would opt to pay for that list of things if it were a separate system nor would players without VIP be eager to then get VIP for them, let alone to go for 12+ levels for them.

If the system was separate from VIP, it could be useful though what would it cost players, and would that cost be justified? Personally don't see the benefit of spending ZEN to then be able to run RQ's outside of the 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer default just to get RAD in return.

If the system was an extension of VIP, how would that generate more revenue for the company?

A simple solution to finding a tank or healer, offer them something to run with you... It could attract tanks/healers that haven't ran RQ's yet or it could attract them to run again since their daily bonus is gone and RQ'ing again would be less rewarding for them via the game itself... Or if the game rewarded them for repeat RQ's...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    oshannon#5015 oshannon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    sorry for not clarifying in my OP but I'm not posting to generate a discussion. I'm posting because Cryptic's CS dept told me to post so the devs would see it.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Pretty sure prior to the creation of this thread the "new discussion" button was used...

Here's a tip, staff tends to respond to topics that have activity in them. It's probably be a good idea for suggestions that will affect the player base, to have input and feedback from the player base...

Good luck with that.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    Failing that, try tagging someone at the company that might actually bring it to the devs' attention.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited October 2023

sorry for not clarifying in my OP but I'm not posting to generate a discussion. I'm posting because Cryptic's CS dept told me to post so the devs would see it.

Basically, this is their way of saying "please don't talk to me about this and now let me send you away to post something to the kitchen sink". If you don't want 'discussion', PM the dev directly (which is another kitchen sink).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***