test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone know what a preferred insignia is???

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
I need to change insignias on one of my mounts. Neither Demonweb pits or Menzaberanzan stores say preferred, so I am hoping someone here will know. TY in advance!

Comments

• Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Do you mean the 4th slot on the mount saying "HAMSTER type preferred"? It means that ANY insignia of that type gets a 20% bonus to the stats it gives if you put that kind in that slot.

So, if you put a regal in a slot that "prefers" a crescent, you get the stats the regal says it gives. (You might want to ignore the "preferred" to get a specific mount bonus)

If you put a crescent in a slot that prefers a crescent, you get the stats on the crescent times 1.2.
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    LOL, the hamster was just a string of x's, nothing naughty.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    jana#2651 said:

I need to change insignias on one of my mounts. Neither Demonweb pits or Menzaberanzan stores say preferred, so I am hoping someone here will know. TY in advance!

It is 'Preferred:' < ---- pay attention to the colon.

It means it 'prefers' you to use the type of insignia it specified.

It is 'Universal'. That means you can put any type of insignia. It prefers you to use 'Enlightened' in the above example. You don't 'need' to put the preferred one and it does not say you need to. If you do put the preferred type, you get 20% more stat for that particular insignia.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I finally figured out that preferred means like barbed or whatever, thank you for your guy's answer. Have you noticed on the 4 slot mounts that most of the type of insignia's bonus is sort of HAMSTER, like you lose so much critical strike but gain so much defense or visa versa? The only one thats any good in the redwing 4 slot ones you can really only use 3 of the slots if you want to give teammates a buff. Do you guys know if the insignia bonus's stack so if you have like 2 it will do twice as much???. I swear this game makes calculus seem easy.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Yes, you can have more than one mount that gives the same bonus, but the effect doesn't double.

The first one gives the full effect.
    The second one adds half the effect.
    The third one adds a quarter of the effect.

So you get diminishing returns.
    That's how it is supposed to work, but in the past some bonuses have not been implemented correctly. I don't know if they are all correct at the moment.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    jana#2651 said:

The only one thats any good in the redwing 4 slot ones you can really only use 3 of the slots if you want to give teammates a buff.

If you will only use 3 slot in the 4 slot mount, you may as well get the 3 universal slot mount (with the same rank such as mythic). Then, you can put any 3 slot mount bonus you like. Yes, the current 4 slot mounts are pretty much useless. I have them but I am not using them. I am waiting for 4 universal slot mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    "Preferred" is a way for the devs to turn a universal slot into a not so universal slot LoL
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen