test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M27 Rewards Feedback

xalkastiz#5524 xalkastiz Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 5 Cryptic Developer
Hello adventurers of Neverwinter!
Thank you for joining us in the Light of Xaryxis Preview. As with any new module, a slew of new items are available in the form of gear, artifacts, enchantments, vanity pets, and more.
Let’s go over some of the Key Updates and Known Issues for the upcoming campaign!

Key Updates:

Seals
Seals of the Spider God have been added, and Seals of the Dragon have been moved to replace the lower tier, formerly occupied by Seals of the North. These should all function in the same manner you're used to, so be sure to let us know if anything seems out of place with this change:
A new tier of gear may be purchased with Seals of the Spider God, which will help lower geared or returning players in tackling the challenges of our most recent content.
Seals of the North should no longer drop from the world, and Seals of the Dragon now drop in their place.
Seals of the North can be exchanged for Seals of the Dragon at a Seals Trader.
Seals of the Dragon are now uncapped.

Multiple Stores
The wide array of new gear and upgrades offered this module made fitting everything into a single store a bit cumbersome, so purchasable rewards have been moved to several specialty merchants, all available in the main hub on the Moondancer. There you will find NPCs of the following categories:
General Campaign - Vanity items and more general equipment tiers can be found here
Dungeon Store - This store contains all of the items obtained using Advanced and Master dungeon currencies.
Invasion Store - A mid-tier store boasting a set of armor for those who are still gearing up for the challenges of dungeons.
Juma - Juma visits space! This mischievous little quasit has tagged along to offer his random goodies to anyone will extra tokens on their hands, and he's even got a rare new prize to offer...
Note: The Preview server is currently using a slightly older version of the stores, so you'll find a number of placeholder costs. All of these should be using the correct currency types, but amounts have not yet been fully balanced in this version.

New Gear
Gear with improved stats and effects is available in the form of Armor, Accessories, Undergarments, Artifacts, and more. To see a full list, visit the new Wildspace tab in your Collections (Ctrl+J).
Most of these items can be obtained and tested via a special M27 Preview Gear tab on the Wondrous Bazaar.

Other Upgrades
In addition to gear, this module offers up two new standard enchantments and 4 new 4-slot insignia bonuses for mounts. Most of the insignia bonuses should be achievable with existing mounts, though a couple may be more difficult to access, as they currently require specific event mounts. Feel free to submit feedback even if you cannot directly test the power.

Known Issues:
  • A small number of new item powers are incorrectly placed or not working on Preview. These include the Astral Seed Tendril set bonus, powers on the Starforged Coat, Starforged Cuirass, and Starhide Doublet, and the power on the Lunar Loop.
  • Mythic dungeon armor currently does not drop as stated.
  • As noted above, store costs are not properly balanced in many cases.
  • Various typos, miscellaneous text errors, or completely missing text.
How You Can Help
Try out the new content, earn some of the new gear, and let us know how everything is performing! Especially in cases where you find new items that are vastly more or less powerful than you would expect, please let us know. We'll strive to keep things balanced, but we also want upgrades to feel meaningful!

Have fun, and thank you in advance :smiley:
Xalkastiz

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed promptly, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)

If you are listing a bug, please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.

This text will display in red.

Examples:

Bug: The Conjure Muffins Power states that it deals 100 magnitude damage, but actually deals only 85 magnitude.

Feedback: The Conjure Muffins Power is working as stated, but I feel it is too weak to use over Conjure Watermelon Sorbet.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A long time back, the old seal trade in was set so if you had less than 3, it would still let you trade in the remainder for a seal. This hasn't been done in many updates and now I have multiple characters with 1 or 2 of a large number of old seals. It would be nice if we could clean that up, and also not be stuck with 1 or 2 seals of the North.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    I have some points based on what is currently viewable on the Preview Server as of now.
    Feedback for Tank Gear.

Starforged Set
    For an Endgame Set, the lack of consistent Bonuses is disappointing- so many of these Bonuses have at best 2/3 uptime.
    1. Starforged Helm: Inconsistent Bonus.
      Update: Remove cooldown.
    2. Starforged Cuirass: Currently does not have a Bonus.
      Update: 1.5% Defense for each party member. Each party member gains 2.5% Forte.
    3. Starforged Guards: Inconsistent Bonus.
    4. Starforged Sabatons: Very Inconsistent Bonus.
      Update: 10% Chance on a Critical Hit to give 5% Deflect and 5% Critical Avoidance for 10 seconds.
    Pulsar Set
    This set is meant to be inferior to the Starforged Set, but as it stands, this set is not just inferior, but utterly useless compared to the Dragon Hunt Gear which was 4 Modules ago.
    1. Pulsar Helm: Only 10% Stamina Regeneration is absolutely pitiful.
      Update: 1% Deflect and 2% Stamina Regeneration for 5 stacks.
    2. Pulsar Breastplate: Very Inconsistent Bonus (similar to the Starforged Sabatons).
      Update: 5% Stamina Regeneration and 5% Recharge Speed when facing the enemy.
    3. Pulsar Gloves: Useless Bonus (lasts for just 10 seconds the whole fight).
      Update: +2% Awareness and -1% Accuracy every 2 seconds in combat (5 stacks).
    4. Pulsar Greaves: Bad Bonus (stat gained is not that useful).
      Update: +5% Critical Avoidance and -7500 Accuracy.
    Astral Raider Set
    Easier to obtain than the previous two, and the Scaling Bonuses are interesting, but the others are quite awful. Consider making them at least somewhat usable.
    1. Astral Raider's Armet: Repeated Bonus (from previous Modules). At least provide a different stat this time but keep it weaker than the Pulsar Set.
      Update: +5% Deflect Severity and -7500 Accuracy.
    2. Astral Raider's Breastplate: Bad Bonus (stat gained is not that useful and conditions are too specific).
      Update: 1.5% Recharge Speed for each party member.
    3. Astral Raider's Gauntlets: Acceptable Bonus.
    4. Astral Raider's Greaves: Acceptable Bonus.
    Lolthian Set
    Easiest to obtain, so I understand less useful Bonuses, but there is still some room for improvement. Why not focus on ratings with this gear rather than percentages, but at least provide meaningful stats to compensate?
    1. Lolthian Helm: Bad Bonus. 50% uptime is unfortunate, especially when Power is useful but not ideal.
    2. Lolthian Cuirass: Good Bonus.
    3. Lolthian Guards: Bad Bonus. When have you seen Tanks killing enemies in party content?
      Update: +1000 Defense and +500 Awareness every 2 seconds in combat (5 stacks).
    4. Lolthian Sabatons: Decent Bonus.
    Rings
    Barely any Tank Bonuses, and those that exist are mediocre. To compound the issue, the rings that do have Defensive Bonuses have awful Ratings on them to make them even worse. Also consider adding more rings that have defensive bonuses or replace useless rings that aren't useful to any role with Tank-oriented ones.
    1. Solar Band: Bad Bonus. Encourages you to die since the Bonus increases as your health drops, that too a pitiful amount.
      Update: 5000 Deflect when Health is over 50%.
      Ratings Change- +4500 Deflect Severity, +1500 Critical Avoidance
    2. Lunar Band: Bad Bonus (similar to the Solar Band).
      Update: 5% Deflect when Health is over 50%.
      Ratings Change: +6,600 Awareness
    3. Lunar Loop: Bad Bonus. 300 Magnitude is not worth a Ring slot.
      Update: Charging Bull bonus.
      Ratings Change- +6,600 Defense
    4. Moondancer's Binding Ring of Cognition: Repeated Bonus (from previous Modules).
      Update: 5% Damage Resistance OR 5% Deflect Severity and an additional 2.5% Awareness when in a party.
      Ratings Change: +5400 Awareness, +1800 Critical Avoidance
    5. Phlogiston Band of Adventure: Weak Bonus (for an Endgame Ring).
      Update: Increase Damage Resistance to 5%.
      Ratings Change: +5625 Critical Avoidance, +1875 Defense
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    pitshade said:

A long time back, the old seal trade in was set so if you had less than 3, it would still let you trade in the remainder for a seal. This hasn't been done in many updates and now I have multiple characters with 1 or 2 of a large number of old seals. It would be nice if we could clean that up, and also not be stuck with 1 or 2 seals of the North.

TOTALLY agree!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2023

Hello adventurers of Neverwinter!
    Thank you for joining us in the Light of Xaryxis Preview. As with any new module, a slew of new items are available in the form of gear, artifacts, enchantments, vanity pets, and more.
    Let’s go over some of the Key Updates and Known Issues for the upcoming campaign!
    New Gear
    Gear with improved stats and effects is available in the form of Armor, Accessories, Undergarments, Artifacts, and more. To see a full list, visit the new Wildspace tab in your Collections (Ctrl+J).
    Most of these items can be obtained and tested via a special M27 Preview Gear tab on the Wondrous Bazaar.

Have fun, and thank you in advance :smiley:
    Xalkastiz

My #1 biggest concern is the new Draining Artifact Neck & Waist pieces, lost their attribute bonuses! :-1:
    ╘ Not quite sure why the 2250 Draining Neck & Waist SETs, & 2500 SETs, both lost their +6 or +3/+3 bonuses to STR, CHA, INT, WIS, etc...

Or at least offer a +2 to all attributes
    ╘ I'm not a fan of removing attributes that artifact neck & waist have always had.

I mean artifact neck & waist pieces have always had an Attribute boost to 2-3 attributes and I hope they at least consider adding those back in! Otherwise many are likely to (not use them) yet I think your testing that theory in M27. :'(

We've also really seen a lot less variability & options in many artifact neck & waist sets for considerable classes, this isn't just limited to healers yet they are one good example. Many as a result still use the Fey Set from Vault of Stars that is only 1,000 item level.

I like the Artifact Neck & Waist set you can at least earn in the Advanced, or the Master's version of the Trial. :+1:
    ╘ Most struggle (95% of player base) or just won't attempt Master versions as item-level increases 5k each time.
    ╘ So it's nice to see them introducing some Gear, at least in both versions..

I do like we'll finally see 1800 companion gear being made available, and interested in a few others. :+1::+1:

Would also like to see (older) seals offer something, even if Astral Diamonds. :+1:
    Several of my character's have a lot of older seals from years ago where they still show 2 seals of X.
    ╘ People just want to see them cleared out, they don't want to see Older Seal using up space in the listed Seals!

NOTE: People don't want to see ancient Seals that they can do nothing with, where they listed continuously and just 1-2 of them; sometimes far more. Offer something for all older seals, so we can finally clear them out.

*sigh* :s
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    trixie#1796 trixie Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Feedback Seals/Balance Removal of Seals of the North deletes key basic weapon set for new players leaving them under powered. Possibly even locked out of dungeons due to Gear Score (GS) loss. The next weapons are probably not accessible as well due to GS restrictions on content. The combo of disadvantages adds up fairly quick
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Feedback Seals/Balance Removal of Seals of the North deletes key basic weapon set for new players leaving them under powered. Possibly even locked out of dungeons due to Gear Score (GS) loss. The next weapons are probably not accessible as well due to GS restrictions on content. The combo of disadvantages adds up fairly quick

I don't like this change either. Currently, all my "farm" alts in the 60k-75k range sport the 1,700 BoE gear from seals. I get they want to make all gear from Seals BoP so that you have to play on the characters, but you could have BoP > BtA > BoE gear with descending item levels. BoP/BtA go up to 2700 in the new mod so not sure why you can't have BoE gear with 1,700. I guess your next best shot is to farm the new named mobs for BtA gear.
  • Options
    General Feedback Gear Bonuses
    Under the current system, all bonuses but the ones giving percentage increases to stats, damage, or mitigation are absolutely useless for endgame. I've not looked through all gear pieces, but on a first sweep, I don't see many bonuses that really seem like decent fits for current builds. For lower gear scores, stat increases make sense, but are often too unreliable to really build around.

I think what we desperately need is the ability to form actual builds in the 50-60k item level range. Meaning reliable builds to cap stats and then maybe some unreliable percentage increases mixed in.

Secondly, we need more creativity. I like the Astral Raider set in that regard. My DPS features a designated build for scaling content that focuses less on item level and more on useful bonuses. You can use the Journals here for example, and we all still remember the glory days of the Lostmauth set I assume. I'd like to see more of it. Some examples that I've mentioned somewhere else, but gladly repeat:

- Bonus to Guild Marks / Astral Diamonds / Glory (I know, I know...), campaign currency: Get a little creative with bonuses that boost certain currency. Why not feature a set that gives a bonus to Guild Marks or even campaign currency?
    - Minus damage, plus control potency
    - Minus single target, plus AoE, and vice versa
    - More reliable stat increases in AoE situations (we have good bonuses vs. single target already)
    - On encounter or daily use, get 25% movement speed for 5 seconds. While under the effect, using another encounter or daily ends the effect instead of retriggering it. Doesn't work in PVP.
    - On encounter or daily use, enter stealth for 5 seconds. While under the effect, using another encounter or daily ends the effect instead of retriggering it. Doesn't work in PVP.

We have so many useless bonuseshink we can ditch a lot of the [condition] => [stat increase] logic for actual niche bonuses that might make more sense for specialized builds.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Hopefully they can include them in Seal of the Dragon (for a slightly reduced seal cost) going forward... At least the weapons anyways!

General Feedback Gear Bonuses
    Secondly, we need more creativity. I like the Astral Raider set in that regard. My DPS features a designated build for scaling content that focuses less on item level and more on useful bonuses. You can use the Journals here for example, and we all still remember the glory days of the Lostmauth set I assume. I'd like to see more of it. Some examples that I've mentioned somewhere else, but gladly repeat:

- Bonus to Guild Marks / Astral Diamonds / Glory (I know, I know...), campaign currency: Get a little creative with bonuses that boost certain currency. Why not feature a set that gives a bonus to Guild Marks or even campaign currency?
    - Minus damage, plus control potency
    - Minus single target, plus AoE, and vice versa
    - More reliable stat increases in AoE situations (we have good bonuses vs. single target already)
    - On encounter or daily use, get 25% movement speed for 5 seconds. While under the effect, using another encounter or daily ends the effect instead of retriggering it. Doesn't work in PVP.
    - On encounter or daily use, enter stealth for 5 seconds. While under the effect, using another encounter or daily ends the effect instead of retriggering it. Doesn't work in PVP.

We have so many useless bonuses think we can ditch a lot of the [condition] => [stat increase] logic for actual niche bonuses that might make more sense for specialized builds.

I like the % stat bonuses, still the real problem is several of these gear is having bonuses that actually trigger as they claim they should. What I dislike with the new Gear in M27 is that many of the gear from the new area, only reuse the same bonus that they offered from Demonweb Pits or Menzo area's. The only difference now is, what used to be in the Armor bonus is now in the Head, or something else; that was quite disappointing to see.

I would have really liked to see, more than one choice of armor buff for DPS.
    ╘ Too bad they couldn't use Cube of Augmentation, to unlock & set armor buff's?. :+1::+1:

That would really allow people to customize how the armor worked for their own builds, and return a lot more choice; especially for Armor's you often spending 300,000 Diamonds (often) per piece. Especially if the buff they provide isn't a power or choice you use with your build..

NOTE: If only unlocked & selected bonus on Cube's of Augmentation respected Loadout changes!
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    edited October 2023

@xalkastiz#5524

Thank You for adding the +attributes to the Neck & Waist Artifact Gear, still I noticed a bug in the Draining Choker as it has 1 extra character making it hugely overpowered. All the other neck & waist pieces are fine and have x,HAMSTER values that are correct.
  • Options
    strathkin said:

I would have really liked to see, more than one choice of armor buff for DPS.
    Too bad they couldn't use Cube of Augmentation, to unlock & set armor buff's?. :+1::+1:

That would really allow people to customize how the armor worked for their own builds, and return a lot more choice; especially for Armor's you often spending 300,000 Diamonds (often) per piece.

Problem with Cubes is they're not included in loadouts afaik. Would obviously super cool if you unlocked bonuses that you can freely use on your gear pieces. Or maybe even just on a specific type of gear pieces.
  • Options
    Gear Bonuses Feedback

Here's my loose collection of interesting points about the new gear pieces and their bonuses. Didn't look into state because imho we can reliably cap what we need to anyway.

- Starforged Body for Tanks: Getting Threat on armor is nice. Tanks didn't have great bonuses here so far and could basically just went with the highest item level that gave them good stat types. The next best item is probably still the Dragonsteel Cuirass.
    - Starforged Healer: Very interesting bonus on the arms and body
    - Starforged for DPS: Think Feet will have a niche similar to Maiden / Dashing Merc, or Forest Guardian
    - Starforged otherwise: I don't think many other pieces will get used. I personally did need Challenger's Might on some single target loudouts, but that's about it. The rest of the bonuses are simply too unreliable. Surely some will be able to utilize the Ap Gain on the arms since the competition in that slot is not too fierce for DPS builds.
    - Pulsar Head: Maybe Healer, otherwise meh
    - Pulsar Body: Why is CW / SW getting Ruthless Might and other DPS / Healers don't?
    - Pulsar Arms: Have used Escalating Torrent in the past, has a niche.
    - Pulsar Feet: Useful for all builds
    - Flarefiber Garments: Interesting bonuses for all roles
    - Solarium Weapons: At first glance I doubt they will be BiS outside Wildspace, which is OK I guess. Stormforged might still be the best all-around choice. Not having a damage modifier on the normal weapons does hurt.
    - Starwoven Garments (wrongly named Shimmering in my overview): I would stick to older choices
    - Moondancer Rings: Accuracy on a ring is nice. Shouldn't feature Maiden's Serenity since that was previously only available in Master content.
    - Phlogiston Rings: I personally don't like effects that trigger based on distance to the target, but that might be me. 3.5% DPS in Wildspace is not enough. Previously we had 10% situational DPS and most rings will be able to generate more DPS in all content. Not sure why there has to be such a long CD on the tank ring.
    - Detector Artifact Set: Good debuff in Wildspace, probably will make the Artifact rotation in the trial. Great to BiS set for healers.
    - Lolthian: Could see tanks using the Feet in scaled content and the Body and Feet for Healers look OK. Probably hard to justify this outside scaling content because of the item level.
    - Draining Artifact Set: It gives 9 INT for casters, but that's about it. Probably good to supply alts with that do not have better options and just want item level.
    - Solar Rings: Not usable imho. Easy to get, but the superior versions (Lunar Rings) should be easy to farm as well.
    - Lunar Rings: Not usable imho unless you want to go for item level alone. Probably good option to supply to alts.
    - Companion Dual / Single: Obviously a direct upgrade to Northdark gear. Also features Forte which can be awesome for some builds

- Solarium Weapons should be a little bit cheaper than their +1 counterparts.
    - Pulsar Armor at 500k AD is a hefty price tag especially for collectors. Not a fan because I probably will have to spend quite a lot on those.
    - Buzzjewels: Pretty much everything involving Buzzjewels is overpriced. I guess Astral Raiders is interesting, but who spends 400 Buzzjewels on Shirt and Pants that aren't any good?
    - Moondancer Rings: 300k is too much unless they also directly drop from the trial
    - Phlogiston Rings: 450k is too much unless they also directly drop from the trial
    - Who is going to buy Solar Rings for 150k when the superior versions can be farmed for free in the zones?
  • Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Hello everyone and @xalkastiz#5524 ! Im try to gather all the feedback for the rewards coming from master and advanced version of the new trial (Defense of the moondancer).

Here the link for the Discord post where I will post my feedback aswell: https://discord.com/channels/344144101555437588/1165731466999771216

I just want to start by pointing out one good thing the developers did: the two types of weapons and their bonuses.
    We will have a set of weapons coming from the advanced version, with 2500 IL, with a good bonus for all the roles. The master version will drop the +1 version which means will be 2700 IL (+200 compared to legendary one) and will have also 250 damage (which is a nice boost to all roles).

This same idea, imo, should also be applied for ALL the items the two trials offer (and in general for all the future contents), like you did with the weapons, so just reducing the %s.
    Example: You make an item from the master which give 10% on one stat; the legendary version of the item should have half of the %s, so it could be a HUGE item for middle players and for all the players who are going to face for first time at endgame stage.

The hardest part of the game which is also a problem imo, is going to 60k to 80/85k IL which is the start of the true endgame experience in game.
    If Master version provided gear with GOOD bonuses, but the Advanced version also provides DECENT gear bonuses, this might be a better help for the middle/new endgame/entry level-endgame players.

-----------------------------------

Starforged helmet: For the dps side, the bonus is just not fitting with the most of the contents we got in the latest 2 years. Both master trials and dungeons have way less mechanics, phases and fights were we are with just only one enemy.
    so to be more in line with the content and make this item useful for the players I suggest to change the bonus to:
    When in combat with more than 2 enemies you are combat advantage is increased by 10%

----------------

Pulsar helmets are coming from advanced version but their bonus are fair away to being good for the dps classes.
    Forte is not a main stat for dps (probably for noone), and making an item relying on having a shield will not help anyone, since you will not run all the time with a shielder class.

Following the main idea of this topic, I would suggest to make it like the mythic version one but with half of %s, so:
    When in combat with more than 2 enemies you are combat advantage is increased by 5%

------------------

Unfortunately this bonus will not be good in any scenario for dps, just because more and useful items already exist. Since you put in one of the legendary items the same exact version of the old ribcage (aka Tactical Leathers of the Dragon Hunter) what do you think if:
    - all the mythic armors (Starforged Plate, Starweave Robe, Starhide Jerkin) became the new version of Mighty Cuirass of the Dragon Hunter (When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your maximum hit point in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Accuracy and Combat Advantage for 15 seconds. (Max 5 stack)
    - Also Fix the stats for being more in line for dps
    *Starforged Plate: Combat Advantage and Critical Strike
    *Starweave Robe: Crtical Severity and Accuracy

--------------------------------

Change the bonus to be in like with Ruthless Might, so people will have two different chest with different stats and more IL.

so:
    all the legendary armors (Pulsar Coat, Pulsar Vest, Pulsar Breastplate) became the new version of Tactical Leathers of the Dragon Hunter (When you damage or heal your target for more than 10% of your maximum hit point in a single blow, you gain 1.5% Critical Strike and Critical Severity for 15 seconds. (Max 5 stack).
    - Also Fix the stats for being more in line for dps
    *Pulsar Coat: Combat Advantage, Accuracy, Defense
    *Pulsar Vest: Combat Advantage, Accuracy, Defense
    *Pulsar Breastplate: Combat Advantage Accuracy Defensec

---------------------------------------

Adjust the stats and make them more for dps.
    Starweave Slippers: Combat advantage and accuracy
    Starforged Greaves Critical Strike and Combat advantage
    Starhide Boots: Combat advantage Critical Strike

Preferably increase the damage to 7%

--------------

Adjust defensive stat of the items and make them all Defense or awareness if you would like to put a defensive stat. Control resistance and Deflect severity will literally give 0 benefit to dps.

Change the bonus and make it 4% damage in wildspace / or change it to: When in combat with more than 2 enemies you are Critical strike/accuracy is increased by 5%

Post edited by aster#8001 on
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Phlogiston Band of Exploration: Change the defense stat for another offensive stat.
    Increase the bonus to 5% damage in wildspace. Theoretically it should be 10% to be in line with all the other rings of this type.

Phlogiston Band of Adventure: Change the Defense rating for critical avoidance or Deflect.
    Increase the bonus to at least 5 or 7%. Remove the cooldown, or reduce it to 10 seconds.

Phlogiston Band of Discovery: Change the bonus; 50’ or further away from a target is way to far. Change it to for “brute’s advantage.

Add a ring set Bonus like you did for mdwp rings and gzemnid.

----------------------

Pants, imo, are not in a good spot imo.
    Reading all the bonuses:
    Shimmering, Luminous and Illuminated are for dps; Vivid and Brilliant for healers;* Dazzling* for tanks.

Charged mastery is not good for dps since in this era we already have ratings capped.
    Butcher’s Zael is decent on healer (around 12% AP in a minute) but herald pants exist.

So I would suggest to change all the bonuses and makes 2 pants per role.

Move the Butcher Zeal bonus to Shimmering and Luminous.

Adjust the stat of Shimmering -> Incoming Healing become Combat Advantage.
    In this way the dps could have another bonus which will fit better for them.

Vivid Flarefiber pants and Brilliant Flarefiber pants can become the healer pants, and a nice bonus for them could be “Survivor Action”:* When your health is 50% or more your outgoing healing is increased by 7500. when your health is below 50% , action points is increased by 5%.*
    Adjust the stats for:
    Vivid Flarefiber pants: Power and critical Strike
    Brilliant Flarefiber pants: Critical Severity

So now last two pants Dazzling and Liminous
    -Dazzling:Increase the bonus to 5%
    -Iluminated: Change the stat-> Deflect severity become Critical Avoidance; Change the bonus with Charged Defliance with %less damage taken

------------------------------

Here I will follow the same idea made for pants, so 2 shirts per role.

Shimmering and Luminous will stay the dps shirts.
    Stat no needed to be changed.
    The bonus is way to risk even for endgame dps full geared; (with my 94k Wizard I had 800k HP in the proc; so this means a one shot by any mechanics in master trials = no one will use them into that kind of contents). I would suggest to change the 20% for -5% Defense or some othe defensive stats.

Vivid Flarefiber Shirt and Brilliant Flarefiber Shirt will stay as healers shirts. BUT
    -Vivid Flarefiber Shirt change stats into Critical strike and forte
    -Brilliant Flarefiber Shirt change stats into Outgoing healing

Dazzling and Illuminated shirt will be the tank shirts.
    -Illuminated:Change the stat -> Combat advantage become Incoming healing or defense;

I don't know if the current bonus could be useful or not, im still a newbie in tank world. If we could change the bonus the cherry will be a bonus that highlights the work you developers have done with the tank powers like:
    When you use a power with “Increased Threat” bonus, you and party members will gain 3% damage reduction”.**

-----------------

Basically with this arms we will gain 12% AP per minute, which makes them a bit underwhelming compared to the Abyssal Conquere’s Healing Bonus Mitts (3% Forte and Critical Strike) or Mighty Vambraces of the Dragon Hunter or Tactful Gloves of the Dragon Hunter.
    For make them more desiderable I suggest:
    Increase the AP gain to 15, and the HP threshold reduced to 10%; that way its gonna be 18% AP per minute max, and this result will be more achievable.

Also change the stats to be more in line for the dps role
    Starweave Sleeves: Critical strike and Accuracy
    Starforged Vambraces: Critical Strike and Combat Advantage
    Starhide Armband: Critical Strike and Accuracy

---------------------

Following the main idea of the topic. Same bonus of the mythic version but with less bonus %.
    Increase the AP gain to 10, and the HP threshold reduced to 10%; that way its gonna be 12% AP per minute max, and this result will be more achievable.

Also change the stats to be more in line for the dps role
    Pulsar Sleeves: Critical strike and Accuracy and Defense
    Pulsar Gauntlets: Critical Strike and Critical Severity and Defense

--------------------------

Here I will follow the same idea made for pants, so 2 pants per role. Shimmering and Luminous will stay the dps pants.
    Change the bonus stat, since nowadays power is easy to cap even in middle game. Change it for any other offensive stat.
    Change the stats:

Shimmering Starwoven: Accuracy, Critical Strike, AP
    Luminous Starwoven: Combat Advantage, Critical Severity, Recharge

Vivid Starwoven pants and Brilliant Starwoven pants will stay as healers pants
    Recharge speed is quite useless for the healers, so I would suggest to change the bonus in something more useful for them. You can insert there a bonus like “Charged Might” but giving 7% forte.
    So: When your stamina is over 75%, your Forte is increased by 7%.
    Also change the stats to be more for healers
    Vivid Pants: Awareness, Critical Strike, AP
    Brilliant: Critical Avoidance, OGH, AP

Dazzling and Illuminated will be for tanks.
    Change the bonus for something useful for tanks since recharge speed will not fit very well on tanks.
    When you take greater than 25% of your Maximum Hit points from a single blow, you gain 5% Critical Avoidance

--------------------------

Increase the damage for dps role to 6% - Do the same on legendary weapons

-------------------------
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options

This bonus set is created to be a mix for healers and dps I guess, but imo needs some adjustments.

Change the stats of the artifacts to be: Power, Critical Severity, Critical Strike

This because Accuracy and Deflection are not good stats for healers, and dps tend to use artifacts with 3 offensive stats.
    Also, the stats are the same of Astral Seed Tendril so in this way we can have something differents.

Change the stats and ability score to fit more for the two roles.
    Detector’s Choker + Detector’s Girdle (For Healers).

Here we need to change the first stat of Detector’s Girdle to be more in line for healers. I suggest power or critical strike. Ability scores are good.

Detector’s Pendant + Detector’s Sash (For DPS).
    Here we need to touch the ability scores. Since dps classes have as main ability score STR or INT I suggest:
    Detector’s Pendant: Change Ability scores in +3 INT +3 STR, also change the stats in Combat Advantage and accuracy.

Detecto’s Sash: Change Ability scores in +3 DEX +3CHA

ADDED NOTE: We discovered Neck and Belt are gonna be BOUND ACCOUNT when being looted from end chests. Its this intended? If yes, please consider the idea on make them UNBIND and SELLABLE like all the other master trials does

Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2023

This bonus set is created to be a mix for healers and dps I guess, but imo needs some adjustments.

Change the stats of the artifacts to be: Power, Critical Severity, Critical Strike

This because Accuracy and Deflection are not good stats for healers, and dps tend to use artifacts with 3 offensive stats.
    Also, the stats are the same of Astral Seed Tendril so in this way we can have something differents.

Change the stats and ability score to fit more for the two roles.
    Detector’s Choker + Detector’s Girdle (For Healers).

Here we need to change the first stat of Detector’s Girdle to be more in line for healers. I suggest power or critical strike. Ability scores are good.

Detector’s Pendant + Detector’s Sash (For DPS).
    Here we need to touch the ability scores. Since dps classes have as main ability score STR or INT I suggest:
    Detector’s Pendant: Change Ability scores in +3 INT +3 STR, also change the stats in Combat Advantage and accuracy.

Detecto’s Sash: Change Ability scores in +3 DEX +3CHA

ADDED NOTE: We discovered Neck and Belt are gonna be BOUND ACCOUNT when being looted from end chests. Its this intended? If yes, please consider the idea on make them UNBIND and SELLABLE like all the other master trials does

If I could propose a single change to your idea on the artifact, so tanks could get something very useful out of this mod...

Edit: I was suggested to do the same with the Astral Seed Tendril as an option and so it is here.

Edit2: Coloring the texts.

Post edited by theraxin#5169 on
  • Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Starforged Sabatons feedback:

It's mechanically flawed, because you get hit slow and you hit fast, instantly wasting the effect or just not hitting, which is not worth it. But, even if it was fixed, it's just underwhelming compared to Ghosted.

However, instead of just adding Ghosted to every boot onwards, I would like to offer an alternative for consideration.

This effect appeared a lot on rings, similarly to Manticore mane bite and would offer more flexibility, as having a ring slot open might worth the loss of survivability on certain pieces of content (although it mainly would benefit on mobs). Also putting a running effect on a boot makes much more sense.

• Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    When looking at the new Mythic Gear, the Starforged Armor, I find a lot of it not at all useful for Endgame with much better alternatives available! Here is my overview video, with my document on testing, feedback and suggestions, linked in the video description: https://youtu.be/V_c09nkmuvg

DPS Gear
    - Head: useless in the new trial and only useful in very little content
    - Armor: not worth giving up +15% stats for
    - Arms: not worth giving up, up to 10% stats for
    - Feet: good, useful in new area and trial

TANK Gear
    - Head: not reliable, so not useful
    - Armor: far too little threat for giving up 15% stats. At-will attacks generate more threat
    - Arms: not reliable, so not useful
    - Feet: not worth compared to much more reliable +20% max Hp and 3% defense bonus

HEALER Gear
    - Head: not reliable, so not useful
    - Armor: not worth giving up, up to +15% stats
    - Arms: somewhat useful
    - Feet: very useful

I hope you can look at my suggestions in my document (linked above) in order to improve some of the gear, to make them in a viable state!
    Post edited by aragon#8379 on
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    After looking over the provided information here and in various videos things are off with the game. If things keep going like this and iLvl keeps being raised for newer equipment and endgame content requirements, will players be faced with obtaining said higher iLvl, inferior equipment simply for the iLvl to get into end game content (master and trials) then switch to lower iLvl equipment for better stats?...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Here is my feedback and suggestions for the upcoming Legendary Pulsar Armor: https://youtu.be/xLMpTU5Wh4Y
  • Options
    edited January 2
    Hello @xalkastiz#5524 , I would like to ask if some of the companion gear from Light of Xaryxis can be changed on their stats to being more "acceptable" by the classes and roles.

To be more accurate:
    **Starbound ring of the companion : 1350 accuracy and control bonus**
    Control bonus is a not worth stat with the current stat system and noone of the dps will take that one item, especially if theres an AD throw,
    Change the control bonus part for Critical strike so being more desirable for dps.

**Starbound Talisman of the companion: 1350 Combat advantage and deflection**
    Im not seeing tank take this as a companion item to use. May become more desirable with Awareness and deflection? or with critical avoidance and defense?

If not for tank role, what about Combat advantage and Accuracy?

Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker