test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lord Dagult Neverember

Hero of NeverWinter
In recognition of your commendable deeds, the loyalty council would offer a discount on the VIP adventerers program. Should you join them your future journeys will provide all the more fruitful.

signed Lord Dagult Neverember

The coupon clearly states
LIMITED TIME: 75% off VIP (30 days)

This coupon grants 100% off a VIP (30 days) purchase in the NeverWinter Zen Market.

Please visit the market to redeem the coupon.

100% off a VIP (30 days) purchase is 100% free not and I repeat myself not 75% off. I tried to make a ticket, but the web site told me my windows 10 edge was to out of date to view the ticket page. I know my time is limited on the game as it reminds me my pc is 7 years old and the graphics card it out of date. More the reason not to invest money in the game as one day the game well no longer let me on to play.

Did I misunderstand the whole 100% off a VIP (30 Days) purchase. Is this a mistake of an underling or does the fault lay on the supervisor who failed to do they job, they are the ones who supervise and check to ensure accuracy.

As I cannot open a ticket, I guess I can just discard this coupon along with all the other ones, no money lost no worries but a warning to not invest real money clearly there is an issue here.

anyways thank you for the cute letter and all it might have been nice to open a couple treasure chests but in really a big deal.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,132 Arc User
    Well, they could take the 25% off the time you get. So, instead of 30 days, you get less.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    His point I believe is that when something says 100 percent is should be 100 percent. xxsuperheroxx the ticket page is goofy.
    Try making a ticket when your in the game. Ive tried looking at my past tickets and it is really funny the ones that are there and the periods where they disappear. It's kind of buggy or defective at times is my point.
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Awesome there are people here =P soo I was in game when I was trying to "redeem" the coupon as I was chatting with an Alliance member mind you, I was in the lower area of NorthDark when I was doing all this. It is way more fun when dodging death and fighting mobs as you navigate through broken programming. They told me to make a ticket I tried a couple of times the first time it took me 10 minutes to get the "you can't view this because your stuff is out of date" page to close but after getting stuck there 4 or 5 times I figured out how to close it.

Now we have to look at stuff in terms of time and cost in terms of the rewards. Minium wage here in Chicago is around 11 dollars an hour I have spent over an hour trying to redeem a roughly 15-dollar subscription for free Coupon or is it 100% off the 75% discount. It would have been cheaper to just buy the 30 days. I think that is the marketing ploy here. If they get me to waste my time on trying to get free stuff that turns out not to be free, I might relent and just buy time.

I enjoy some parts of the game that I do as a hobby it reminds me of 2 decades of WOW, there are some parts my graphics card cannot handle and are unplayable so I avoid those areas. I do not have plans to invest in expensive technology that becomes obsolete as soon as you plug it in. The reason I no longer play World of WarCraft my expensive gaming towers graphics card came none supported from best buy. A brilliant marking strategy from someone who clearly wasted a great deal of money on a diploma stating they received a higher education. This person bought warehouses of gaming towers for a savings to the bosses only to have them sit in warehouses tell they were obsolete and then sold those obsolete gamming towers to people like me who asked is this going to work on World of WarCraft? I bet he was an Alliance person. Human loving scum. =P I digress I am Horde....

It is nice to have some place to come and express my dismay. But as I said no money lost other than the complete waste of over an hour of my life trying to figure out something the is broken by design. I would like to personally thank greywynd and jina for taking time to reply to my thread Thank you.

I am off to do Hell Pit I am undefeated not that is worth bragging about... =P
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    '100% off' should be totally free, and if it has an expiry date it should be auto deleted by the system imo. If it says it's 100% off and is still sitting in inventory, then it should be honored.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,348 Arc User
    This is what it referred to.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1267599/a-contradiction-75-off-and-100-off-at-the-same-time

So, which text is wrong? Clearly, one of them is wrong.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    xxsuperheroxx, It is a big deal to not be defeated in hell pit. I blew it once during the bonus round but it is such an improvement over a few years ago, I like annual events so you can tell you actually have gotten better. And I totally agree with you about the graphic cards and towers and I am sure Bill Gates and a few others will burn in hell for their contribution to the landfills so they can make a few more bucks. Did you know all computer equipment or plastic covering can be made from hemp now, the outside part, it breaks down in the land fills completely but lasts in the house. It makes me sick no one is doing it yet.