test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Demon Wings in the Lockbox eh?

fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
Demon Wings was the only unique and new reward from the Hero's Path capstone choice pack. Including it in a lockbox completely takes away the achievement of maxing out one of your characters. I would have picked it regardless because I have everything else, but still yikes.

Comments

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Demon Wings was the only unique and new reward from the Hero's Path capstone choice pack. Including it in a lockbox completely takes away the achievement of maxing out one of your characters. I would have picked it regardless because I have everything else, but still yikes.

Don't tell me you are suprised of that..

Lot of game assets being recycled many times..

For start Zariel Companion, and wings mount from Path of fallen. Which I think was only gifted to top 100 players who participate in event.
    Latter zariel were added to Astral Lockbox.. Wings added to Lockbox.. Which more less nailed whole achievement and reason why players particiapted in event in first place...

The Augment Companion, icosahedron stone which was only obtained via Foundry... Latter recycled and added as reward in some previous campaigns..

Other augment Companion - mini apparatus of gond. Which was gifted to all players who participated/playerd Foundry content.. And it was gift as farewall of game feature..
    Latter it was added as reward in one of game contents... Maybe events... I have seen few times it pop up as reward.... But since I have it since old days, Never paid attention...

Apocalypse Dager ( artefact) it was meant to be as special reward in Dungeon master event. Latter being reused, become part of apocalypse dagger set, and artefact possible obtain in Manycoin Skirmish....

Another companion - Cunning Mimic.. The companion which was possible obtain few years ago during winter festival, and only if you top up/buy zen for certain sum. I think it was like 20 euro or more..
    And in same event Frozen Giantess mythic mount, which was obtained if bought zen for 50 euro..
    Latter both added to lockboxes or as campaigns as rewards or elsewhere..

Nothing in this game last for long..

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    And their solution was to take it out of the choice pack, and have it in the lockbox only. So now what do I get when I finish that part of the "Hero's Path"? A black opal?
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Well it's a Mythic Insignia but still. It's the capstone reward for maxing out your character and doesn't even feature a unique reward. That's a bummer...
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Don't you need all mythic insignia to get to the end of Hero's path anyway?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    -- never mind --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The continued incompetence continually amazes me, and this one is even worse than usual.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.