test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too many guards

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
The Devs said they wanted to hear about any strange and unusual things after the extra code string was included, so here u go.
I was just running through River District and saw all these guys here. I think there's only supposed to be four of them. Two were walking along, the rest standing still are superposed to be only two I think.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    That is waste of public revenue. Lord Neverember still owe me debt. I smell corruption.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They are stray guards from a guardpost. It's a bug that has plagued RD since the campaign was new. There are guards attached to the post but they aren't there so they can't fight off mobs, making tye campfire unsafe. Additionally they don't fight and die, making it impossible to donate resources.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Sorry, but I've never seen a bunch of them in one place like this before and I've run about 6 characters through that place.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    6? try 40

I've seen that a lot over the years.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options

I just saw an Iron golem standing looking confused between 2 dig site locations. Just standing there not knowing what to do.
    Thought I'd add it to this thread.

• Options

Yea, it looks like the npc's you hire at the dig sites have an issue with leaving the area and just not going back and then standing around in the one place being confused. This is an issue because it will stop people from being able to spend resources on securing the site. If the npcs don't get killed by the enemies inside the dig site area, you can't refresh them can you. If you can't refresh the npc's defending the dig site, it affects your ability to get the currency for the very reason you are there in the first place. This pic I just took is the same location as the first pic I took with the guards, they're archers which should be up in that dig site up on the right.

• Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 178 Arc User

I just saw an Iron golem standing looking confused between 2 dig site locations. Just standing there not knowing what to do.
    Thought I'd add it to this thread.

Since I've been playing, I've only seen this happen for the 2 posts you have marked.