test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hopefully M27 is more like Dragonslayer, between 22.5-55k.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
I mean Dragonslayer was only 18,000 item-level yet had 1850 Armor (Mythical) which gave new players the opportunity to advance and earn some Gear. Still despite Ancients only requiring 22,000 many at 50,000 even 60,000 or 70,000 felt quite challenged in the Queue's.

I really don't THINK they should be offering Campaign area's that are in excess of 60-65k, because most character's, or players sit somewhere around 45-65k in fact and want something to do to keep their INTEREST up.

So HOPEFULLY some of the new Campaigns in the M27-M29 refocus item-level somewhere between Legacy Campaigns & Dragonbone Vale.

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    The last three mods all increased the required IL by 5k, and I'm willing to bet that most players haven't seen a corresponding 5k increase in available gear each time. If they increase the required IL again, it might drive players away.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

The last three mods all increased the required IL by 5k, and I'm willing to bet that most players haven't seen a corresponding 5k increase in available gear each time. If they increase the required IL again, it might drive players away.

The problem is the new mods aren't giving players what they need to get that IL boost as it's all the damn mythic mount insignias and collars and now the 4 slot mounts themselves. I would have never got to 85k+ IL without the four slot mounts. All my collars (but one) are lego now but I have resigned myself that I will never get them to Mythic. It's just too hard and expensive to upgrade them. 100 of those damn shards. Each! Are you kidding me? (Not counting all the other stuff you need to upgrade).

Unless they come up with a easier path for us non-elite players to get that IL up they are running the game into the ground IMO.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    edited September 2023

The problem is the new mods aren't giving players what they need to get that IL boost as it's all the damn mythic mount insignias and collars and now the 4 slot mounts themselves. I would have never got to 85k+ IL without the four slot mounts. All my collars (but one) are lego now but I have resigned myself that I will never get them to Mythic. It's just too hard and expensive to upgrade them. 100 of those damn shards. Each! Are you kidding me? (Not counting all the other stuff you need to upgrade).

Very well said, couldn't have said it better myself. Most my friends won't even UPGRADE their Legendary Collar's to Mythic, 90 million diamonds (that's just for the Greater Shards) and doesn't include the Glyph's, or the Coal Mote on TOP. That's a ridiculous cost for a simple 1% bonus, I mean the 200 extra item-level helps boost your damage overall; yet even with 5 collars that only 1,000 item-level.

I'm really only considering upgrading my Insignia to Mythic, even though all my Collar's are still EPIC or Purple. I am trying to get more 4 insignia Mounts, and currently have the Ebon Riding Lizard, Uni the Unicorn, the Neverwintan Hand; I got the Dark Butterfly Wings on my MAIN yet that's not account-wide. I also acquired the Armored Pale Horse for ZEN yet it's 4 insignia Mount bonus, is really really poor.

So I'll have to stick to 3 insignia bonus, and then slot 1 bonus insignia that doesn't complete a 4 slot bonus; just for the bonus item-level and Rating Contribution and the rating bonus.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    I generally don't worry about the 4 slot mounts because the bonuses are not as good as the three slot ones I'm used to enjoying. I think there's only 1 of them I actually liked and use but I don't give them much attention, I'm not a min/maxer obsessive so who cares. Most of the content I play is scaled anyway so it doesn't matter and in fact it's better if you reduce down your IL (for that content) a little anyway. The collars give so little bonus for the outlay that I will only likely ever bother with getting them all to leg and be satisfied with that unless something seriously changes with the upgrade requirements which I can't see happening because they see that excessively long chase for mythic ones as 'content' and I believe it's totally intentional.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I doubt a casual team of 20k players were coming any close to Mythic gear. I think the label as "catch-up" module is largely overstated. Narbondellyn comes much closer to that because of the variety of AD-making capabilities.

However, I agree the game needs more content for casual mid-tier toons because that's the majority of the playerbase. The game still has this cruel progression gap that starts at 50-55k. You get there relatively fast but the next steps of 5k are probably a work of months unless you really optimize your account and know how to play the economy, which newer/casuals rarely do.

I'd wish the devs would stop with the trial nonsense and use the resources differently. Looking at the participation rates of VoS, ToS, DWP vs the more recent trials, it shouldn't be a hard decision. I personally like the idea of giving the game something a bit closer to raid-sized content, but it is often designed worse than 5-player dungeons.
  • Options
    Maybe bring back Gauntlgrym daily events with the two faction thing again.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I have been playing since 2018 and even though I rarely participate in team oriented events I think they just need to add back in some sort of PvP event or campaign area that allows everyone to participate regardless of IL.

When I eventually got to Icewindale the red areas in the campaign area were still active and even though my healer was no match for anyone I still tried to participate in whatever was going on. Afterwards, I used to just go to the red area to do the BHE for the Sybella quest as the BHE there was always up in the Dwarven Valley. Back then there was lots of complaints about the Beholder BHE never showing up in the Dwarven Valley but whenever I went there the Beholder BHE always happened after I soloed the BHE in the PvP area.

One of my first Guilds used to do the siege event and I thought that was fun. While I am aware that they have a PvP dungeon queue I also know that I have never even tried to participate in that since the changes.

More importantly, I forgot that a PvP queue list even existed and it was not until I took an interest in RC, maybe a year after RC was introduced, that I became aware of it again.

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

I've only ever done the PvE portion of that, but I recall it as being a lot of fun. It's one reason why I have the Short Order Cook title available.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1 said:

I've only ever done the PvE portion of that, but I recall it as being a lot of fun. It's one reason why I have the Short Order Cook title available.
    The only thing I'm talking about and wishing would come back to breathe some life back into the game was the PvE part. The factions thing was which one of the two sides a guild was aligned to (Delzoun or Luskan) and both sides operated in different instances but could see the progress of the other on their screen as you'll recall, but it was all PvE stuff, not PVP. I did do the PVP on all the different maps at the time as well, but it's just that PvE event which ran all day every few hours which I was referring to. I personally think PVP will never really work 100% in the game due to the toxicity it attracts and what kind of specific person is attracted to it, it's just too divergent from the general majority PVE playerbase's energy and friendly attitude, so I don't give a sht about it these days. But the other event, the main one we could go to that map at any time because it was permanently open, was the only thing I was talking about.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Creating a competition for the type of dungeon you can run definitely worked, although that guild thing was heavily exploited. I had endgame toons in both Luskan and Delzoun because there was always one heavy PVP favorite because big guild were collaborating. I think taking the PVP portion out of it definitely makes sense, especially given the current state of PVP.