test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strafing at wills

Reverse the changes please. Not one person complained and the strafing. You've made me just give up on a class i've played since xbox release.

Comments

• Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    +1, Fighter need his mobility, otherwise he is screwed in DPS.
    Post edited by modlesie on
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    If they lowered the AP gain from it, I see no reason why they can't shorten the animation lock. Melee classes do deserve to have better mobility.
  • Options
    scratcheesscratchees Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yep 10 years playin fighter can no longer position myself in mobs or counter position tank or boss while using atwill i just do alotta running around in circles afraid to hit with atwill or it will stop me in my tracks and of course you are more vulnerable gettin hit from behind and melee always in the thick of it this doesnt work for me and dont think it matters

• Options
    taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I agree. It negatively affects fighter survivability when they cannot move in combat out of a red aoe or a group of mobs that attack, because they cannot strafe if their at-will is used.
  • Options
    Lol, bring fighter back, we already have game (you design) like this:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    This game is unplayable now on fighter DPS, Dudes, change it back, you literaly killed the class.
    Or change the shield mechanic, because dying like crazy is now a big part of fighter gameplay.
  • Options
    desmond#3510 desmond Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Playing the fighter more than five years now.....and stopped it entirely. It was already named a clunky class, now it is for sure. The long animation nails the fighter on spot and in times of simple boss AOE blowing through your weird meat shield and all your lifepoints quick and often deaths are granted. Congratulations you "fixed" a problem which didnt exist. And by the way has one of the devs had a look on the two remaining at-wills, how bad the animation is? Likely not! The little strafing with the at-wills was the only mitigation for the weird shield concept and the content promoting distance fighting classes and lack of mobility which is - again - not mitigated by the meat shield concept.

Instead of fixing the animation cancelling which is nothing than an unintended shortening of the downtime of powers intensively used with makros and key binds by "elite" players you just killed a DPS class which was not considered as a strong class at all. And I'm not buying your argument that this was intended for capable players as it then should be equally available across platforms and classes which isn't. I guess the devs just didn't have the balls to HAMSTER off the (better paying) "elite" players, because they let the problem get rampant, which is at latest the case when certain youtubers rightfully adress it.

For the first time in all the years as player, I'm considering to stop entirely this game. The fighter was finally the only class I was playing despite that there were always stronger DPS classes. I still have a role playing aspect in it so I can't just switch to something else. I was also regularily spending money as I'm fully aware that all the people cannot have a living with air and love. The last update really made me angry and that means something when surviving the switch to Mod16 with a fighter.
  • Options

Playing the fighter more than five years now.....and stopped it entirely. It was already named a clunky class, now it is for sure. The long animation nails the fighter on spot and in times of simple boss AOE blowing through your weird meat shield and all your lifepoints quick and often deaths are granted. Congratulations you "fixed" a problem which didnt exist. And by the way has one of the devs had a look on the two remaining at-wills, how bad the animation is? Likely not! The little strafing with the at-wills was the only mitigation for the weird shield concept and the content promoting distance fighting classes and lack of mobility which is - again - not mitigated by the meat shield concept.

Instead of fixing the animation cancelling which is nothing than an unintended shortening of the downtime of powers intensively used with makros and key binds by "elite" players you just killed a DPS class which was not considered as a strong class at all. And I'm not buying your argument that this was intended for capable players as it then should be equally available across platforms and classes which isn't. I guess the devs just didn't have the balls to HAMSTER off the (better paying) "elite" players, because they let the problem get rampant, which is at latest the case when certain youtubers rightfully adress it.

For the first time in all the years as player, I'm considering to stop entirely this game. The fighter was finally the only class I was playing despite that there were always stronger DPS classes. I still have a role playing aspect in it so I can't just switch to something else. I was also regularily spending money as I'm fully aware that all the people cannot have a living with air and love. The last update really made me angry and that means something when surviving the switch to Mod16 with a fighter.

+1, i could understand this...hmmm...."fix" if fighter was the best of all classes, but fighter is average DPS with no chance againts HR or CW, that's why, this change is just ridiculous, no one was asking for this, one again CRAPTIC, what are you working on there??
  • Options
    dandelionboy#6023 dandelionboy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    bumping. Has anyone found some workarounds yet? I came back after a 2 month break and my fighter was my favorite but he was already hard to avoid danger with and a bit clunky before but now it was just awful.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Only cancelling with shift, but it is not the same, and it take much more time, we lost a big portion of damage after this change. Now when mob start to move, you can just stupidly chase him and watching like Ranged class are killing him, and of course our survivability is even weaker than it was.

the only thing we can do, is waiting for Fighter's buffs, and probably shift mechanic change, because it totaly suck now.